"Always included" - false advertising?

ak1004

This is what comes up if I choose a Retreat “Simply Sail” cabin using my CC#.  No amenities included!

Select Your Room Type
stateroom category item
ICONIC SUITE
STARTING FROM
$33,496 USD*†
AVERAGE PER PERSON
. Amenities:
View gallery  

GUARANTEE ROOM
Cruise-only rate. Drinks, Wi-Fi, and other amenities are not included.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

This is what comes up if I choose a Retreat “Simply Sail” cabin using my CC#.  No amenities included!

Select Your Room Type
stateroom category item
ICONIC SUITE
STARTING FROM
$33,496 USD*†
AVERAGE PER PERSON
. Amenities:
View gallery  

GUARANTEE ROOM
Cruise-only rate. Drinks, Wi-Fi, and other amenities are not included.

That seems pretty clear.  I don't mean to be insensitive to anyone but I don't know how you could miss that "not included" statement.

I think if someone gives an example where it doesn't seem right then we should do the same thing @graphicguy did and check a similar booking. 

The question is whether or not X is making things as clear as this example?  Or are they deliberately misleading people?

I would be the first to agree X website is messed up but let's make sure people aren't just ignoring the warnings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I can’t do a cut and paste right now, but just looked at a random 12/4 APEX cruise just putting in my CC#.  I see something similar, but there is a panel underneath the one you show that has the “Simply Sail” fare that states the perks are optional.

To add further confusion, Simply Sail and Loyalty rates may be available on the same sailing which is what you are seeing. A long as the following parameters for Loyalty are met, you can see Loyalty rates with a Simply Sail option mixed in if the sailing also has a Simply Sail rates. There are 250+ itineraries with Simply Sale fares right now. 

BOOKING WINDOW: 10/1/21 - 11/1/21

APPLICABLE PRODUCTS:

· ALL Caribbean Sailings - 3 nights or longer departing 11/1/21 to 4/30/22
· Applies to all stateroom categories: Inside, Outside, Veranda, Infinite Veranda, Concierge Class, AquaClass® and the Retreat. · Applicable markets: US, CAN, MEX

COMBINABILITY:

· Combinable with 20% Caribbean Cruise Fare Promo and Caribbean Air Savings

APPLICABILITY

· Applicable to new bookings only, in all stateroom categories
· Bookable in FIT bookings and prevailing Groups rates. FIT bookings can be transferred to group bookings. · Applicable to all guests in the stateroom.

TIERS: Preview and Above
REDEMPTION: Book Loyalty Promo – At least one guest in the stateroom must be a Captain’s Club member.

39 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I can’t do a cut and paste right now, but just looked at a random 12/4 APEX cruise just putting in my CC#.  I see something similar, but there is a panel underneath the one you show that has the “Simply Sail” fare that states the perks are optional.

I just went through a mock booking for a CS on 12/4 Apex, and I didn't see that panel.  I do (and did) note the "terms and conditions" link down in the paragraph discussing AI, but clicking on that link only brings up a blank screen.

ETA: When I went through the booking after entering my CC number, the result was a cruise only fare but (again) without any affirmative notice of that fact.

Edited by DCPIV

@DCPIV @morecruises1 

I called Celebrity back yesterday.  When I saw that somehow after "clearing up" the issue with my RS online booking on the Summit which didn't include the standard suite perks, and then having my fare add another $800 to add them back, and then seeing a price increase the following day for tips, I was frustrated.

The New PVP fixed everything to honor my original fare booked online, deleted the loyalty NRD, and added in the Retreat NRD. I was very happy with the outcome. You may want to call back and try again to see if you can do the same for your suite bookings.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So is all of this confusion avoided if you do NOT enter your Captain's Club number?

Quite simply, yes.  Unfortunately, you won't know that until you've done so or read about it here or somewhere else.

@misterkevin I just might!  Thanks for the heads-up!  I fear that I should have handled it all when I was on the phone before, but it might be worth a shot.

@misterkevin  I think was very lucky to get the result he did.   The key here is the summary of what was being booked was accurate it just didn't reflect what the customer "thought" they were booking.   I guess it could be called bait and switch but I doubt they are legally required to give you what you thought you were booking.

In my case the first day the promo was out it was worse as the summary explicitly stated "Always included" and listed the 3 perks.   Luckily I had a screen shot of that and eventually after 3 days the resolutions department honored the price with AI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, misterkevin said:

@DCPIV @morecruises1 

I called Celebrity back yesterday.  When I saw that somehow after "clearing up" the issue with my RS online booking on the Summit which didn't include the standard suite perks, and then having my fare add another $800 to add them back, and then seeing a price increase the following day for tips, I was frustrated.

The New PVP fixed everything to honor my original fare booked online, deleted the loyalty NRD, and added in the Retreat NRD. I was very happy with the outcome. You may want to call back and try again to see if you can do the same for your suite bookings.

Good to hear you got it squared away.

Mentioned I use a TA.  This is what she sends to me….easy to understand.  She sifts through all my available discounts and gives me a number.

This is for the 12/04 APEX sailing….

”The gross total in an S3 Sky suite, with a nonrefundable deposit is $4030.19. You get all the Celebrity perks, and our agency gift will be a $275 cash rebate. “

8 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You paid a la carte for drinks/WiFi/gratuities or does your booking show the rate code as ALWAYS INC?

If it's ALWAYS INC, just look at the prices on the website, it's the same thing. 

there is no option to look at an 'always included' rate on the cruise I have purchased - it does not 'exist' online as a choice - I was able to add it by calling (added gratuities/internet/classic drink package for maybe $800 or so?  not sure of exact price - for 2/10 days)  but now can't price match online as there is no such option to look at!  - guess I might have to just keep calling?

Edited by Froufie

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Good to hear you got it squared away.

Mentioned I use a TA.  This is what she sends to me….easy to understand.  She sifts through all my available discounts and gives me a number.

This is for the 12/04 APEX sailing….

”The gross total in an S3 Sky suite, with a nonrefundable deposit is $4030.19. You get all the Celebrity perks, and our agency gift will be a $275 cash rebate. “

How long is your cruise?  Seems a great price for a suite on a newer ship.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Froufie said:

there is no option to look at an 'always included' rate on the cruise I have purchased - it does not 'exist' online as a choice - I was able to add it by calling (added gratuities/internet/classic drink package for maybe $800 or so?  not sure of exact price - for 2/10 days)  but now can't price match online as there is no such option to look at!  - guess I might have to just keep calling?

There is always an AI fare available. You said in an earlier post you had the resident discount which is not combinable with Always Included. When you called, if the rep changed your booking rate code to ALWAYS INC, you have the AI fare and can compare prices to the Celebrity website. Looking at your confirmation will tell you what rate you have. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There is always an AI fare available. You said in an earlier post you had the resident discount which is not combinable with Always Included. When you called, if the rep changed your booking rate code to ALWAYS INC, you have the AI fare and can compare prices to the Celebrity website. Looking at your confirmation will tell you what rate you have. 

Mystery solved - I am canadian so booking was via the canadian website - when I go there and check my sailing - no option for AI...however when I check on the US website it does appear as an option to book....so that must be the issue - and I guess I would need to call to check on rates .... 

44 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Mystery solved - I am canadian so booking was via the canadian website - when I go there and check my sailing - no option for AI...however when I check on the US website it does appear as an option to book....so that must be the issue - and I guess I would need to call to check on rates .... 

Glad it worked out for you.  Seems confusing for many people.

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Glad it worked out for you.  Seems confusing for many people.

Wouldn't call it 'worked out' - still can do any price comparison on my booking site as this AI rate doesn't really exist!  oh well 🙂