Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22

bluemarble

On 11/21/2021 at 10:23 AM, bluemarble said:

OK, I'd still like to document the dress code details for your voyage, @LadyL1. If you'd be so kind as to post what you're seeing, I'll add it to the QE master schedule, moving the first gala might to the day after embarkation for your voyage as well. Perhaps I'll add a note that the schedules for the QE replacement voyages are only provisional. Thanks for your assistance with this project.

Embarkation day   18th March  Gala night

Port Day                  21st Masquerade

Port Day                  26th B&W

Port day                  28th Gala

Disembark              30th Roaring Twenties

I have never been on a Cunard cruise when B&W ball was not the first, and hope we do get a "Roaring 20s".                      

Edited by LadyL1
unfinished

27 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

Embarkation day   18th March  Gala night

Port Day                  21st Masquerade

Port Day                  26th B&W

Port day                  28th Gala

Disembark              30th Roaring Twenties

I have never been on a Cunard cruise when B&W ball was not the first, and hope we do get a "Roaring 20s".                      

Oh, wow! That schedule is probably also a carry-over from when those dates were part of the canceled Japan season (in this case the Dubai-Hong Kong repositioning segment). It certainly makes no sense at all now for your replacement cruise to Norway.

OK, I give. I'm going to revert back to graying out the QE dress code/theme schedule from 20 February through 3 June until Cunard provides more plausible schedules for those replacement cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 4:27 AM, asto said:

For M209P  Mar 20-Apr 24, the March 25 and April 15 Masquerade has bben changed to Gala Evening.

For anyone else on a voyage where my schedules list a Masquerade theme, would you mind checking the current schedules in your "My Cunard" calendar and let me know if the Masquerade theme is still listed for your voyage?

This applies especially to anyone on a QM2 westbound crossing (Southampton-New York) where the second Gala Evening was originally going to have a Masquerade theme.

I suspect Cunard may have decided a theme involving masks might not be appropriate given the mask requirements of the current COVID environment.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:34 PM, LadyL1 said:

B&W seems to be the normal starter but I did find a couple of local exceptions so not set in stone

2014 Sailing from Venice - Venetian Mask

2019 Sailing from Yokohama - Madame Butterfly

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, bluemarble said:

For anyone else on a voyage where my schedules list a Masquerade theme, would you mind checking the current schedules in your "My Cunard" calendar and let me know if the Masquerade theme is still listed for your voyage?

This applies especially to anyone on a QM2 westbound crossing (Southampton-New York) where the second Gala Evening was originally going to have a Masquerade theme.

I suspect Cunard may have decided a theme involving masks might not be appropriate given the mask requirements of the current COVID environment.

M215A still shows Masquerade for June 3rd 2022. That's the May 29th Westbound from Southampton.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked on the M219 voyage (July 4th Boston/Halifax trip). When I had last looked, a few weeks ago, there were no dress code entries. i see that that's since been rectified. Here is what 'My Cunard' is showing:

July 2 - Gala - Black & White

July 4 - Gala (no theme yet)

I find this interesting because the last time we did this trip, the July 4th meal was a picnic on deck, with a large-screen projection of the Boston Pops and the fireworks. That hardly seems like a gala-appropriate event!

• Thanks 1

An update for the 2 QE cruises in the near future, which we hope to be on.

Atlantic Coast Adventure Dep 18th Jan.   23rd Jan is no longer Masquerade but Red & Gold. 🙂

Northern Lights                    Dec 18th March   All Smart attire except

19th March B&W

22nd           Red & Gold

27th            Roaring Twenties

Edited by LadyL1
name of ship
  • Thanks 1

Just entered My Cunard today and the gala nights were updated!

QE Panama Canal from Fort Lauderdale to L.A ? May 14th - May 30th

May 15th Red and Gold

May 20th Gala Evening

May 25th Masquerade

May 28th Roaring Twenties

Edited by Nu327
  • Thanks 1

Hello bluemarble

A few changes for our voyage….

3/5 black and white

7/5 masquerade

10/5 roaring 20’s

15/5 red and gold

20/5 gala not specified

25/5 masquerade

28/5 roaring 20’s

2/6 red and gold

5/6 black and white

12/6 roaring 20’s

I’ll let you know if I see any changes.

C&M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for providing your updates to the Cunard dress code and theme schedules while I was out sailing the Mexican Riviera on another line. It's good to see we now have some accurate dress code/theme schedules for QE's winter/spring 2022 replacement voyages.

I have updated the master schedules found here on my Google Drive. As always, please let me know if you have any additions or corrections to these schedules.

QM2:  QM2 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QE:  QE 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

• 2 weeks later...

I just logged back into mycunard and have found that all the calendar information has disappeared for our 24 July-29 Aug on QE cruise. That includes the dress codes and the shore excursions - hopefully its just a computer glitch   

7 hours ago, lissie said:

I just logged back into mycunard and have found that all the calendar information has disappeared

I don't know if this is the cause of your disappearance, but I've discovered that for our July trip there are no entries when viewing My Cunard on a Windows laptop but when viewed on an Android tablet the entries are visible. I need to see if it's an issue with the browser being used on my laptop.

11 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

I don't know if this is the cause of your disappearance, but I've discovered that for our July trip there are no entries when viewing My Cunard on a Windows laptop but when viewed on an Android tablet the entries are visible. I need to see if it's an issue with the browser being used on my laptop.

Interesting - I'll have a play - I'm using Edge on Windows. 

3 minutes ago, lissie said:

I'm using Edge

As am I. I've noticed other instances where Edge doesn't always play nicely with the Cunard website. For example, using the "filters" to find a voyage. They were sometimes non-functional with Edge but OK with Chrome.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frankp01 said:

FWIW, the My Cunard calendar *is* visible under Chrome, even though it's not under Edge.

Yes you are right - its all working as expected using Chrome. 

This is the sort of stuff  I test when I'm developing websites for small businesses with a budget of a $!000 or so. Kinda asusmed that Carnival Corp had this crap right - but nope - I do wonder if they outsource their  website to someone's 16 yo nephew who is "good with tech" 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lissie said:

This is the sort of stuff  I test when I'm developing websites for small businesses with a budget of a $!000 or so

Yeah, you'd think this woulda been caught a long time ago. There is also the issue where dates are sometimes off by one day. I don't recall exactly where it happened, I think it was in one of the pre-cruise documents we had to sign. A friend who was in our travelling party called in a panic. "DId you know the cruise is a day earlier?". I had to explain that it wasn't, and that it was just a quirk on the website. it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in anything on the site.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frankp01 said:

Yeah, you'd think this woulda been caught a long time ago. There is also the issue where dates are sometimes off by one day. I don't recall exactly where it happened, I think it was in one of the pre-cruise documents we had to sign. A friend who was in our travelling party called in a panic. "DId you know the cruise is a day earlier?". I had to explain that it wasn't, and that it was just a quirk on the website. it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in anything on the site.

Plus they lose money - I assume some people actually book shorex in advance?  I was just checking to get ideas on what to organize independently - so its nice to have it  back LOL