Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22

bluemarble

10 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

I agree. The ones I've seen displayed as "grandfather shirts" have had essentially no collar.

Yup - I have several of those and would not dream of thinking they were smart. However, googling now, I quite like the smarter ones like the ones pictured in this thread. Maybe it's because I'm 61 (but not yet a Grandad)

Does anyone actually get stopped for being too casually dressed in Cunard restaurants - especially now the rules have been relaxed? 

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Cunard would be clearer. It would solve all of these issues. We were in a nice restaurant last week and a man walked in wearing a t-shirt and a baseball hat. The t-shirt belonged in the garden and the hat should have been removed IMHO. I had to ignore it.

2 hours ago, techteach said:

I wish Cunard would be clearer. It would solve all of these issues. We were in a nice restaurant last week and a man walked in wearing a t-shirt and a baseball hat. The t-shirt belonged in the garden and the hat should have been removed IMHO. I had to ignore it.

The fact is, Cunard wants to maximize sales; so, while they continue to claim to maintain the experience which many of their customers want, they are reluctant to offend those who want a "no rules" experience.  They know that, if they were really clear either way, they would lose some customers for one reason or another.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, navybankerteacher said:

But they are really short sleeve sport shirts - not actually the intention of the term “collared shirt”.

That is your opinion.

They are a style of collared shirt. 

You don't know what Cunards intention was when they said "collared shirt".

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:
20 hours ago, B.Boomer said:

Do you know what Cunard’s intention was?

No of course I don't. 

As a polo shirt is a collared shirt ( in my humble opinion) that is what I will sometimes wear until Cunard tell me otherwise. 

I will make my own interpretation of the dress code. As should other people and not bow down to the dress code police.

I intend to go on my cruise and fully enjoy myself.  I will adhere to the correct dress codes on the correct nights.

2 hours ago, B.Boomer said:

No of course I don't. 

As a polo shirt is a collared shirt ( in my humble opinion) that is what I will sometimes wear until Cunard tell me otherwise. 

I will make my own interpretation of the dress code. As should other people and not bow down to the dress code police.

I intend to go on my cruise and fully enjoy myself.  I will adhere to the correct dress codes on the correct nights.

I’ve worn a polo shirt (a decent quality fairly new one) in QG restaurant, both with and without jacket. Not a problem. 

1 hour ago, naturelovergirl said:

@bluemarble

My cruise planner (Manage Your Booking- My Cunard) updated today with dress codes on the nights of my summer Alaska 2023 voyage.

Let me know when you are ready for the list in order to create a Dress Codes/Themes discussion for 2023 cruises.

Thank you! I am on board QM2 at the moment. Will be back home in early December and will be glad to start a 2023 dress code/theme schedule thread then. I've had the 2023 QV world cruise schedule for quite a while now and recently saw mention of the 2023 QM2 world cruise schedule being released so it looks like it will be a "go" for me to start compiling the 2023 schedules in earnest for all three ships soon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, naturelovergirl said:

@bluemarble

My cruise planner (Manage Your Booking- My Cunard) updated today with dress codes on the nights of my summer Alaska 2023 voyage.

Let me know when you are ready for the list in order to create a Dress Codes/Themes discussion for 2023 cruises.

Well spotted. I happened to look two days ago and they weren't updated for my April 30-May 7 TA. Today they have been. I'll post again in December, @bluemarble, but they are exactly what you would expect for an eastbound transatlantic - Red and Gold on the second night, Roaring 20s on the sixth one, otherwise "Smart attire".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

Well spotted. I happened to look two days ago and they weren't updated for my April 30-May 7 TA. Today they have been.

I just happened to order a port excursion yesterday- and after my order I checked the calendar to make sure the excursion had been placed on the day… and the dress code/theme was now there on each day 😊

I was surprised but pleased.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just learned the dress code schedule for the one evening that was still missing on my 2021-22 schedules. December 14 on QE  (a sea day between Sydney and Melbourne) is going to be a Gala Evening with no theme.

The Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22 are now complete! Not in my wildest dreams did I expect to be able to compile complete schedules for all three ships when I started this project. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to this project. Let's see if we can accomplish the same on the new thread for the Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2023.

For reference, here are the links to the schedules on what may be one of the last posts on this thread.

QM2: QM2 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QE: QE 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QV: QV 2022 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

Now here's a final update on the number of gala evenings per week for each ship for 2021-22.

QM2: 1.87 Gala Evenings per week

QE: 1.68 Gala Evenings per week

QV: 1.75 Gala Evenings per week

• Like 2