Denmark help please

MikeNKim

Hello all!

We are considering a cruise out of Denmark for 2022.

Looks like the cruise port and the airport are quite close but just curious about flights.    Any idea what would be the earliest recommended flight time out of Denmark on a International flight.

Also please,  recommendations on hotels.   I started reading the thread on Copenhagen but I was getting a bit overwhelmed with all the great info.

Thank you

Kim

I’ll be happy to assist. Please ask your specific questions.

It’s 30 minutes drive from cruise terminal (Oceankaj) to the airport. 
Depending on arrival you should be able to make the airport before 8 am. A 10 am flight should be possible.

Regarding hotel - price range and location? You might find some hotel details in this topic

I've been looking at a cruise for 2022 then too, but have my doubts that flying out on debarkation (??) day will be possible. I guess it depends on where we can get our PCR tests to fly back to Canada. Does anyone know if they will be offering testing on the ship for people leaving?

22 hours ago, tmc057 said:

I've been looking at a cruise for 2022 then too, but have my doubts that flying out on debarkation (??) day will be possible. I guess it depends on where we can get our PCR tests to fly back to Canada. Does anyone know if they will be offering testing on the ship for people leaving?

What cruise line are you asking about?

Need to be flexible here. Who knows what the requirements will be many months from now.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:02 PM, tmc057 said:

Another thought is to see if the airport is offering COVID-19 testing.  My sister recently returned from Switzerland and they offered it at the airport.

Far too early to discuss testing requirements  - will be very different by 2022.

If testing still a requirement a Baltic cruise will much likely not include St. Petersburg.

Covid testing in Denmark has been discussed in this topic

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much!   Sorry I did not get a notice that I had responses.

I was going to be on Royal as well.  I thought I read that testing would be avail onboard.

Still so much up in the air for travel.

Thank you all and stay safe.
Kim

On 10/2/2021 at 3:02 PM, tmc057 said:

48 minutes ago, MikeNKim said:

I was going to be on Royal as well.  I thought I read that testing would be avail onboard.

Still so much up in the air for travel.

Thank you all and stay safe.
Kim

My big doubt would be that Canada at the moment demands a PCR test within 72 hours of boarding an aircraft to return to Canada.  Not many ships do PCR tests, if they do tests at all, and the results aren't that rapid (don't know anything about RCL).  And perhaps by next year things will change--we're flying into Copenhagen next July from Toronto, and flying home from Stockholm, but we'll take several days in Stockholm to sightsee before we fly back.  I guess we can hope that things will relax a bit, eh?

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer