Angst About Pre-Cruise Testing - Wouldn't It Be Good Customer Service For Princess To Do The Testing At The Pier?

SargassoPirate

On 10/13/2021 at 5:12 AM, brisalta said:

There are some testing sites that only ask for email address.

For example the ones run by Color.

See https://thepointsguy.com/guide/where-to-get-covid-test-travel/ I know it is a bit of a long read but the information is buried in there.

Thanks so much for this helpful info. Unfortunately the various sites don't indicate time frame for processing and receiving results. Also results would need to be presented in certain format to satisfy Princess. We're under time constraints as we need to allow enough time to get tested, plus drive from San Francisco to San Pedro, staying overnight in Santa Barbara along the way. I think I've found somewhere in San Francisco where we make a specific appointment to get an Antigen Test 2 days prior. It's $80 which is a lot more reasonable that some prices I've seen. 

9 hours ago, emerald6273 said:

Thanks so much for this helpful info. Unfortunately the various sites don't indicate time frame for processing and receiving results. Also results would need to be presented in certain format to satisfy Princess. We're under time constraints as we need to allow enough time to get tested, plus drive from San Francisco to San Pedro, staying overnight in Santa Barbara along the way. I think I've found somewhere in San Francisco where we make a specific appointment to get an Antigen Test 2 days prior. It's $80 which is a lot more reasonable that some prices I've seen. 

There are several sites in SF and the surrounding areas which provide your results within hours for zero charge.  We went to one at CVS in the East Bay, a link to our results were provided within the hour.  The test results show via the link and that was perfectly acceptable for Princess.  

If you are in San Francisco, there are community testing sites set up, some of which are also rapid PCR tests, again, no charge.  The goal here seems to be to prevent the spread of CoVid so they'd rather offer them at no cost.  I don't know if it is like that in all states.  

Anyway, you can always order a monitored home test via the link on Princess for $70, which includes a two pack of tests.  You will just need internet so you can have the testing monitored.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

There are several sites in SF and the surrounding areas which provide your results within hours for zero charge.  We went to one at CVS in the East Bay, a link to our results were provided within the hour.  The test results show via the link and that was perfectly acceptable for Princess.  

If you are in San Francisco, there are community testing sites set up, some of which are also rapid PCR tests, again, no charge.  The goal here seems to be to prevent the spread of CoVid so they'd rather offer them at no cost.  I don't know if it is like that in all states.  

Anyway, you can always order a monitored home test via the link on Princess for $70, which includes a two pack of tests.  You will just need internet so you can have the testing monitored.  

Unable to access CVS website from UK.  US cell phone required for monitored home tests like EMed etc. 

57 minutes ago, emerald6273 said:

Unable to access CVS website from UK.  US cell phone required for monitored home tests like EMed etc. 

I believe you may need the PCR test coming from overseas… maybe!  I believe the Oakland airport has rapid result PCR tests available but, at a cost.  It is under $100 per person and you can make an appointment way out into the future.  
Oakland airport is just over the Bay Bridge from San Francisco and you can even catch the BART train to get there.  

56 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I believe you may need the PCR test coming from overseas… maybe!  I believe the Oakland airport has rapid result PCR tests available but, at a cost.  It is under $100 per person and you can make an appointment way out into the future.  
Oakland airport is just over the Bay Bridge from San Francisco and you can even catch the BART train to get there.  

PCR or Antigen 2 days prior to sailing is required by Princess for all passengers including overseas passengers. When US finally provide date for opening up to UK and European visitors I'll guess we'll find out then if any further tests are mandatory for entry.

10 hours ago, emerald6273 said:

PCR or Antigen 2 days prior to sailing is required by Princess for all passengers including overseas passengers. When US finally provide date for opening up to UK and European visitors I'll guess we'll find out then if any further tests are mandatory for entry.

Yes emerald6273 , we are waiting for any news in the very near future. Triona