Encore Alaska Sailing 10/16/21

tedbearz

• tedbearz changed the title to Encore Alaska Sailing 10/16/21

I called and tried to book it this morning. The 9th through the 16th is now their last sailing. We are just off the Encore on the 2nd, and the cruise was so delightful we wanted to go  again, but the last sailing is this Saturday and that's too soon even for me. Alaska was very cold and rainy, and the ship was maybe half full on our cruise, so no doubt NCL is losing money on these late season cruises. Sorry!

2 hours ago, tedbearz said:

Anyone know what is happened to this sailing? Is it sold out or canceled. Saw alot of availability yesterday but today it was gone from the website.

Cruises come and go from NCL's website from time to time.  Why?  Nobody really knows.  I'm guessing that if it was really cancelled, we would be reading reports of folks getting those dreaded "default itinerary" messages and other such silliness.  It would be odd for them to just cancel that one last sailing.  The ship and crew are pretty much a sunk cost at this point.

6 hours ago, tedbearz said:

Anyone know what is happened to this sailing? Is it sold out or canceled. Saw alot of availability yesterday but today it was gone from the website.

"a lot of availability" is not the same as being available. With cruises leaving with 60% capacity, 40% (more or less) of the staterooms on each cruise will be empty "available" when you search. One day you can see 40% of the rooms empty,,, the next day, the ship trips the 60% load (or less) and will be closed to sales. 

Or they will be transferring crew to the Bliss (since the Encore will be sailing empty back to Miami) and sailing with fewer passengers on it's last cruise. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

After reading this and panicking I chatted with NCL. Unfortunately the agent said that while no announcement had been made that the agents would not know before the guests.  Didn’t really make me feel better!  Her guess was that it disappeared because it was full. I really hope that’s the case! I also posted on the Roll Call board to see if anyone else was aware of a potential cancellation. 
I should not have read this before bed, now I will worry all night. 

43 minutes ago, Trixierenda said:

After reading this and panicking I chatted with NCL. Unfortunately the agent said that while no announcement had been made that the agents would not know before the guests.  Didn’t really make me feel better!  Her guess was that it disappeared because it was full. I really hope that’s the case! I also posted on the Roll Call board to see if anyone else was aware of a potential cancellation. 
I should not have read this before bed, now I will worry all night. 

This is the classic “no news is good news.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kruzin Karen said:

I called and tried to book it this morning. The 9th through the 16th is now their last sailing. We are just off the Encore on the 2nd, and the cruise was so delightful we wanted to go  again, but the last sailing is this Saturday and that's too soon even for me. Alaska was very cold and rainy, and the ship was maybe half full on our cruise, so no doubt NCL is losing money on these late season cruises. Sorry!

Who told you that the sailing on Oct 16 was cancelled?

1 hour ago, Trixierenda said:

should not have read this before bed, now I will worry all night

Same here! I got that “butterflies in my stomach” sinking feeling. I really really hope it isn’t canceled. Looking forward to it way too much! Amanda

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kruzin Karen said:

Nonsense misinformation brought to you by a completely clueless NCL phone rep.  Business as usual.

• Like 2

I got excited and went online to try to book it, and while it shows availability, when you actually select a room it shows all categories as sold out. Our day in Glacier Bay was also gorgeous, but all the other port days were cold and rainy, We didn't care: we stayed on the ship and had a glorious time!

On 10/4/2021 at 4:12 PM, Kruzin Karen said:

They are only sailing at 60% capacity max as part of their covid plan.   Upgrades were assigned over night,   available rooms are online for the 16th final sailing of the season!!!  Fun time to be had by all!