Another Vaccine Question

atabs12

We are sailing next month on the Equinox and I was reading the health protocols on the Celebrity website because I wanted to make sure that I dont miss anything.

Under vaccine FAQ I was reading that the RMNA vaccine should be given at a minimal interval of 28 days apart ( maybe I was reading or understanding it wrong)
I had two shots of the Pfizer 21 days apart.

Started to get nervous now that Celebrity does not consider me as fully vaccinated.

Can anyone calm my bad nerves?

Been cruising 2x since restart on other lines (not Royal Caribbean Group) and had no trouble.

I also checked the Cdc website if anything changed Pfizer shot should be given 21 days apart.

Edited by atabs12
Spelling

I believe that the section of the FAQ that you were reading applied to two mRNA doses in a mixed series. The CDC recommendation for a two dose series of Pfizer is 21 days. Just as with the other lines, Celebrity will not bounce you for your 21-day separation.

CDC:

Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
Get your second shot 3 weeks (or 21 days) after your first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I believe that the section of the FAQ that you were reading applied to two mRNA doses in a mixed series. The CDC recommendation for a two dose series of Pfizer is 21 days. Just as with the other lines, Celebrity will not bounce you for your 21-day separation.

CDC:

Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
Get your second shot 3 weeks (or 21 days) after your first

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes I was reading it under mixed vaccine and booster shots. It got me all confused

11 minutes ago, atabs12 said:

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes I was reading it under mixed vaccine and booster shots. It got me all confused

👍 Glad to be able to help. Now go and enjoy your cruise next month!

• Like 1

Are you from the US?  In the USA, Pfizer (21 days between doses),  Moderna (28 days) or J&J will be considered fully vaccinated if you have had them with their recommended timing and wait 14 days after the final dose.  No need to worry even for a second about this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, atabs12 said:

Thank you everyone for the replies...had panic there for a moment

Glad things came together for you.    Celebrity has caused more confusion at times than answered questions.