EZair suggests I walk

baz48

I'm trying to look at the EZair options for our upcoming cruise out of Los Angeles.  We live on the East Coast and Princess has our home address correct.  However, there is a notice on our booking that says "Air transportation is not needed for your cruise as determined by your home city."   

OK, guess I'll see how much Uber or Lyft want for the 2,600 mile journey.  Should be reasonable, right? 😉

I waited 35 minutes on hold yesterday with Princess before giving up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Did you book through a TA? While we live in Tucson, sometimes EZ Air thinks our default city is Phoenix. It seems that your "Home City" and your address are two separate entries in a database with "Home City" being a part of each cruise record rather than your profile record. It may be that when the reservation was made the TA or Princess agent didn't get things right. If you booked with a TA, call them instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

beg3yrs is correct, my TA used to default to LAX for us even though we are near Sacramento. I don't think it mattered previously, but Emergency Home Airport is important. TA to changed it but still eventually needed to ask Princess to make the change.

• Like 2

I had this problem a few times before, and it ends up my TA played with our location to take advantage of a better deal....just get in touch with whoever booked the sailing for you and tell them the problem, they should be able to fix it with a click or two.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 2

Are you booked on a B2B? I have a cruise booked as a B2B (2- 7day) and I have the same message. So I have booked my flight to FLL on the first cruise and the return flight home on the second cruise. In case your wondering the airfare was identical (after trying it on a dummy booking) if I added the 2 together or as a roundtrip booking. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I live in California and for a long time when I tried using ezair, they had all my flights to and from Arizona and I couldn't change it.  I learned that somehow accidentally my TA had put in I lived in Arizona.  She changed it all and things have been good since.

• Like 1

Yeah well EZAIR thought as long as I got back to SFO all was fine. Problem is Bart stops at MN and I really don't like a 30 miles uber or finding a hotel at MN or sleeping in the airport.  2019 I got back at 11:55pm, called S and said I'm crashing on your floor, he texted me with the uber info. >$100 but he didn't want me sleeping over (his boyfriend was ---- would've been awkward )

• 2 months later...

I've noticed that EZair seems to default to Allentown as our local airport even though we're quite a bit closer to Philadelphia.  I always just thought it was some quirk and changed it when I look at flights but this thread has me concerned that it might make a difference in event of an emergency.  Is this something that I need to worry about?

On 1/2/2022 at 9:03 AM, Don9992 said:

I've noticed that EZair seems to default to Allentown as our local airport even though we're quite a bit closer to Philadelphia.  I always just thought it was some quirk and changed it when I look at flights but this thread has me concerned that it might make a difference in event of an emergency.  Is this something that I need to worry about?

No, this is not something to worry about,

On 1/2/2022 at 11:03 AM, Don9992 said:

A call to your TA (or Princess if you booked directly) can have your home airport changed to what you want it to be.

I have had my airport corrected from Oakland to SFO multiple times as SFO is a straight shot on Bart & Oakland requires 3 transfers. It won't hold as Oakland is 34 miles & SFO is 44 miles. But I get to select the airport each time. Just saying the website has its own ideas