Haiti and Cuba staying on the red list for UK Gov.

suttonrunner

For UK passengers sailing the Caribbean  with  stop off's at Haiti and Cuba  be aware these countries are staying on the red list.  I have just read on the GOV website 

that passing through these countries i.e. by ship  there will be a  need to quarantine  in a hotel on return to the UK.  Am I right in thinking even if you do not get off the ship in these countries there will be a need to quarantine on return.  

5 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

Am I right in thinking even if you do not get off the ship in these countries there will be a need to quarantine on return.  

Yes, although it depends where they fall in the cruise. If it's a 14 day cruise and DR/Cuba is days 1-4 then you won't need to quarantine. 

26 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Phil, is it a very steep walk down to the baths?  I was thinking that I had read that somewhere.

I have a problems with steep downhills and I managed fine, slowly and carefully with the odd "hang on" to the husband.  Pre covid times another hint was to ignore the one way system and walk down the up as its slope was a little less, but I would think one ways might be more rigorously enforced these days

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 10:26 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

And from a guest point of view that is a much better place to go. 

Phil 

Many passengers on Royal & X ships had no idea that Labadee was actually in Haiti as the cruise lines used to advertise it as being on Hispaniola.😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1