Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

31 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

Thank you!  I've been an Amex user for years and never knew about these offers!  I occasionally get some in the mail, but it is never to something I actually use.  The ones online had several that benefit me!

I have to manually check for deals

I can also confirm the cruise planner stuff do qualify for this deal.  I just booked all our excursions stuff and got the confirmation email from AMEX after the purchase.  As a bonus, some of the excursions had a discount today.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, borg1of2 said:

Any idea what the offer varies?  I am a gold card member, but on,y had the $200 if I spend $500 offer. 

Technically, that's a "better" offer, percentage-wise, because it's 40% "free", even though it's less actual money. 

I'm sure there's some algorithm that relates to your spending habits and your credit score that determine which offer you got.  I have an outstanding credit score, but use my AmEx card very little (because I get more benefits off my other cards), and I got the 40%/$200 offer.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I plan to book drink packages to get the $500 off. If drink packages go on sale before our cruise and I cancel what was booked under the offer is AMEX going to take the $500 back? Of course I would book at the new lower price but that could be after 12/31.

Yes they would. It tells you exactly. The offer has an expiration date. 

So I put $750 on two different cruises booked for next year and today, when they switched from pending to posted, this showed up in my online account.  🙂 

1329151584_ScreenShot2021-10-16at10_43_55AM.thumb.png.dbf62be5038aaa4ac08e1f8a46016176.png

Nothing on my statement yet.  Has anyone seen how long it takes to actually show up as a credit on your statement?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So I put $750 on two different cruises booked for next year and today, when they switched from pending to posted, this showed up in my online account.  🙂 

1329151584_ScreenShot2021-10-16at10_43_55AM.thumb.png.dbf62be5038aaa4ac08e1f8a46016176.png

Nothing on my statement yet.  Has anyone seen how long it takes to actually show up as a credit on your statement?

I used my $200/$500 offer last Saturday  to book a cruise, within minutes I received the email saying congrats on using the offer.  On Monday the $200 credit was applied and deducted from my balance .

Edited by live.love.cruise
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MikeKl said:

How long did it take once you spent over the amount you needed to get the email from Amex confirming?

I did not get the email after spending the $1,500 as others have reported.  The charges are still pending on the AMEX app, I called AMEX they said it should get applied when the charges post.  It is possible that since I spent the first $300 last week immediately after I accepted the offer, and since todays transactions aren’t over 1500 , it hasn’t triggered the email.  I cruise a week from tomorrow so hopefully everything gets straightened out.

Can someone let me know if this will work if I made my initial deposit on another card?  The offer text says:

DETAILS

Get a one-time $350 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more transactions on reservations booked at royalcaribbean.com, by phone at 1-866-562-7625 or by contacting your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2021. See terms for exclusions.

So does this mean I can pay $1,000 on my eligible Amex card for my already existing reservation and get the credit or did I need to book with the Amex to begin with?

1 hour ago, Jezo said:

Can someone let me know if this will work if I made my initial deposit on another card?  The offer text says:

DETAILS

Get a one-time $350 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more transactions on reservations booked at royalcaribbean.com, by phone at 1-866-562-7625 or by contacting your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2021. See terms for exclusions.

So does this mean I can pay $1,000 on my eligible Amex card for my already existing reservation and get the credit or did I need to book with the Amex to begin with?

That’s my understanding and what I plan to do. I really think it just need to be any charge from Royal Caribbean. Post above got it for buying the beverage package. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jezo said:

Can someone let me know if this will work if I made my initial deposit on another card? 

I booked ages ago with my Discover card, and paid the balance with my AmEx.  Credit has already posted to my account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, borg1of2 said:

That’s my understanding and what I plan to do. I really think it just need to be any charge from Royal Caribbean. Post above got it for buying the beverage package. 

I put my deposit on a 2022 cruise on my RCI Visa card and also used 50,000 to reduce the price by $500.  I will charge enough of the remaining balance to use the credits on my husband's AMEX card as well as mine.  

4 hours ago, coreyfr said:

Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks 

The offer does not explicitly say that it does not apply to OBC.

I used the offer and purchased dining and soda package thru the planner.

I plan on using the offer for my wife's card to prepay grats for 2 upcoming cruises.

I also plan on using offer for our Son's card to prepay grats for 2 other upcoming cruises.

If the OBC purchase shows up as a purchase from royal caribbean, it should also work.  Where do you plan on purchasing the OBC from?

Edited by PigsCanFly
typo