Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

1 hour ago, Sayuil said:

Need some urgent advice, I am booking a new reservation and trying to redeem 500$ off 1500$ offer. My booking along with Prepaid gratuities and insurance comes to 1450$. Is there anything else that I can add to my reservation that will move my booking over 1450$

Also does 1500$ has to be spent in one transaction or can I process 1450 now and then use rest in the cruise planner to trigger the offer?

Thanks in advance

It does not have to be one transaction, you can purchase something in the cruise planner to put you over $1500. I can confirm having done this, as well as others. The only difference is you may or may not get the email that says you used your offer. The credit will still show up on your AmEx account a few days after the purchase that puts you over $1500, once that charge moves out of pending I think.

50 minutes ago, NoWorriesVA said:

It does not have to be one transaction, you can purchase something in the cruise planner to put you over $1500. I can confirm having done this, as well as others. The only difference is you may or may not get the email that says you used your offer. The credit will still show up on your AmEx account a few days after the purchase that puts you over $1500, once that charge moves out of pending I think.

Thank you so much. I will just do that and report back with my experience

Has anyone made, for instance, final payment on a cruise booked before October 2021 and received the credit.  All of our current bookings were made before Oct. 2021 and they told me that it would not qualify.  I am tempted to make final payment with that card just to see....

Didn't want to make a new booking right now.

3 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

Has anyone made, for instance, final payment on a cruise booked before October 2021 and received the credit.  All of our current bookings were made before Oct. 2021 and they told me that it would not qualify.  I am tempted to make final payment with that card just to see....

It doesn't need to be a new booking.  Just any charge through Royal Caribbean.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, truffles2 said:

Our original booking and deposit were made May 2021 (on another card). I paid final payment, gratuities, and deluxe beverage packages on Amex in Nov to meet the threshold, and received credit for the offer. Plenty of other posters have either made final payment and/or cruise planner purchases and qualified. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 11:23 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

If you added the offer on each card then yes you could charge the required amount on each card and get a credit on each. 

That's what I'm planning to do.  I'm going to charge $500 on my Amex and $500 on my husband's card on an outstanding balance for an upcoming cruise.  Normally I use my RCCL Visa for the points.  I also book my own cruises and don't use a TA.  Will report back on whether it's successful.  We should get $200 back for each card for a total credit of $400.  

1 hour ago, truffles2 said:

Sounds promising and I will try it anyway.  Did anyone make their payment through the C&A line or did you call the number listed by Amex?  Does it matter?

Thanks to all of you for your advice!

Make the payment directly through the cruise line or your TA. 

Yes, it triggers the message from Amex that you have used the offer …but…

have you seen the $500 credit on your account?   Has anyone seen it yet?  Especially paying on a cruise booked prior to October 2021?

Royal Caribbean International® 
Spend $1,500 or more, get $500 back 

If your purchase meets all eligibility requirements of the offer terms, you'll see your rewards reflected directly on your statement. Credits may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled.

I have the spend $1,500 or more, get $500 back offer and was planning to use it for booking a 2023 med cruise but the release for the fall 2023 med itineraries has been pushed back to January 4th and the offer expires December 31st.  Does it make sense to book a different cruise and then transfer it to the med cruise once they're released?  

4 hours ago, truffles2 said:

Yes, it triggers the message from Amex that you have used the offer …but…

have you seen the $500 credit on your account?   Has anyone seen it yet?  Especially paying on a cruise booked prior to October 2021?

Paid part of my final payment on a cruise that I originally booked November 2019.

20211217_181455.thumb.jpg.e71a6b34ac8bfd380e6be9327c0c3a96.jpg

22 minutes ago, Valmoisy said:

Does it make sense to book a different cruise and then transfer it to the med cruise once they're released?  

Book something eligible for CWC and cancel it for the FCC. Use the FCC for the med cruise when it is released.

21 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Paid part of my final payment on a cruise that I originally booked November 2019.

20211217_181455.thumb.jpg.e71a6b34ac8bfd380e6be9327c0c3a96.jpg

Looks good.   I wouldn’t expect to see it un til after I pay my bill with that item on it and it doesn’t close Until next week.  Nothing ventured, noting gained.  I will report back.

2 hours ago, truffles2 said:

Looks good.   I wouldn’t expect to see it un til after I pay my bill with that item on it and it doesn’t close Until next week.  Nothing ventured, noting gained.  I will report back.

I was surprised to see how quickly I got the credit. My bill hasn't closed yet and I already owe $500 less, so yay! I was worried for a bit because the email about triggering the offer went into my junk mail for some reason. I had used a couple other offers the same day and got those emails in my regular email but everything worked out!

12 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Book something eligible for CWC and cancel it for the FCC. Use the FCC for the med cruise when it is released.

Thanks Ashley.  Do you know how long it takes to receive the FCC after cancelling?

4 hours ago, Valmoisy said:

Thanks Ashley.  Do you know how long it takes to receive the FCC after cancelling?

I've never canceled, so not sure how long it's taking these days.  I would look for a cruise that's already past final payment or near final payment (one that sails close to end of January or early February) that's at least $1500 before port fees and taxes. Pay for it with the Amex and then cancel it about a week before it sails so it starts the FCC process. Sometimes the process won't begin until the sailing you canceled has passed. You may have to front the deposit for your Med booking while you wait for the FCC.  

22 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I was surprised to see how quickly I got the credit. My bill hasn't closed yet and I already owe $500 less, so yay! I was worried for a bit because the email about triggering the offer went into my junk mail for some reason. I had used a couple other offers the same day and got those emails in my regular email but everything worked out!

Our credits showed up today 3 days after I charged part of a cruise to AMEX.  

• Like 1

I grabbed this offer as soon as I saw it a few months ago ($500 off with $1500 spend).  We haven't booked anything since covid cancelled our March 2020 cruise.  We'd been looking at options but have been disappointed in lack of longer cruises. Just this week came across Oasis 10 day out of Miami for January 2023. 

I stacked this with the Amex Platinum Cruise Perks ($200 OBC/Champagne from Amex), RCCL Platinum Balcony Credit and current 30% off sale. Then paid $1,500 to get the credit - already received acknowledgement. Maybe they will run the deal again next year before final payment is due.

Looking forward to boarding Oasis for the first time.

• Like 1