Jamie's Blue Reef Hotel and Beach day! All Inclusive!

crusin-4-fun

On 12/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, coaster said:

Shout out to Digby and Juan! They took care of us last month, but not good at remembering their names. My bad...  First class service from them!

Agree.   Unfortunately Jaime is about 10 days away from back surgery, so he's leaving it up to his staff.

But Digby, Juan and others are doing a great job.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 10:45 PM, Scooters said:

Did they have Massages on the Beach?  How much$$ . Thanks!

There were ladies walking around offering massages. I THINK the prices were around $35 for half hour and $50 for an hour...don't quote me on that 🙂 .... just remember thinking the prices weren't bad. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:45 PM, Scooters said:

Did they have Massages on the Beach?  How much$$ . Thanks!

The ones right near there were more expensive than other parts of the beach. I didn’t try and negotiate but they started way higher than other places had told me. Further down the beach it was $20 or $25 

• Like 1

We just booked with Jaime for January and made our $25 deposit via Paypal.  Can someone tell me if the balance due is to be paid in cash  only or does he accept credit cards?  I asked  him this and instead he sent me directions instead lol

On 12/30/2021 at 12:48 PM, lavie12 said:

We just booked with Jaime for January and made our $25 deposit via Paypal.  Can someone tell me if the balance due is to be paid in cash  only or does he accept credit cards?  I asked  him this and instead he sent me directions instead lol

We paid by credit card.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:48 AM, lavie12 said:

We had a lovely day there last week doing the all-inclusive package and we paid our balance due with a credit card.

I highly, highly recommend it.  Two members of our party were supposed to be scuba diving that day, but the Coast Guard determined the conditions were too rough and didn't let any scuba boats go out.  We were able to add them to our group at Jaime's with no problem and both said that although they were disappointed that they couldn't dive, Jaime's was just as fantastic of a day and was just what they needed.  We all had a great time!  

Definitely try the shrimp ceviche tostada if you are a seafood fan--it was outstanding.  All of the food was really good, but that was the standout (except for my very picky eater teenager who felt the quesadillas were the best choice by far--they were also really good).

Edited by acpalmer
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:35 AM, CruisinCrow said:

Glad to hear that.  I started to get worried that I had booked at the wrong place. 🙂

Us Too Too.  We sent him a $25 deposit.

Edited by Scooters

8 minutes ago, Jeni99 said:

Is that menu posted all included in the all inclusive or is it just certain drinks and food included? Anyone have pictures of the pool?

The AI is listed on the website. It is similar but not exactly the same.

50 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Yes there is a pool.  It's on top of the building/hotel.   Small. No one was there  when I went up but fantastic views.

And do you have to do AI to use it or stay as a guest? Presumably not PAYG?

Edited by c-leg5

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Yes there is a pool.  It's on top of the building/hotel.   Small. No one was there  when I went up but fantastic views.

Interesting.  I've never seen a pool mentioned in any reviews and it wasn't mentioned to us at all that day.  No problem, we were happy on the beach (I can go to pools at home), I've just never seen this talked about.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 8:34 AM, CruisinCrow said:

When Jaime answered my email to book the day pass, he mentioned that the taxi rate had gone up but he didn't say what the current charge was.  What did you pay?

From looking at other posts, it seems that taxis are now charging $4pp. Jaime's website says they give $1 credit towards the taxi fare (pic attached) - can anyone confirm? And is this one way, per person, or just $1 total, or both ways?

We're booked to go here in April for a $50 deposit via PayPal (4 people). Will my teens have enough to do there, between eating and paddleboards and kayaks and we might do the snorkeling add-on (we're on the AI package)? Theoretically, we are supposed to have cell phone coverage in Mexico (Verizon) so I guess the fallback would be their phones, to catch up with friends at home or watch videos... but I'd really like for that to not be the whole day! Anyone else been here with young teens?

2022-03-01.png

17 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

From looking at other posts, it seems that taxis are now charging $4pp. Jaime's website says they give $1 credit towards the taxi fare (pic attached) - can anyone confirm? And is this one way, per person, or just $1 total, or both ways?

We're booked to go here in April for a $50 deposit via PayPal (4 people). Will my teens have enough to do there, between eating and paddleboards and kayaks and we might do the snorkeling add-on (we're on the AI package)? Theoretically, we are supposed to have cell phone coverage in Mexico (Verizon) so I guess the fallback would be their phones, to catch up with friends at home or watch videos... but I'd really like for that to not be the whole day! Anyone else been here with young teens?

2022-03-01.png

That rebate was announced on the website some time before cruising halted. I am not aware of it ever being $3pp. - it used to be $8 per taxi for up to 4 people. We once got charged $12 for four but that was supposedly because we went out of town beyond the end of the malecon.

Only you can answer whether your kids will have enough to do since it depends on what they enjoy and how much they need to be entertained. They can certainly swim and play in the sea;  kayaks/paddle boards; low level snorkeling or take a boat out to the reef; miniature golf (if it survived); fishing; bike rentals but no water sports or inflatables. Other than the waterpark (which I don't think has reopened yet) most places along the malecon have more or less the same activities.

Edited by c-leg5

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I dont know about the dollar credit as I would never even ask but that's me.  Its a great beach club with excellent service.  

This response feels a bit critical and hurtful. I didn't say I would ask them to do it - I'm just wondering if it is something they do routinely as it is offered on their website. Taxis have gone up to $4pp so I'm looking at $18 EACH way for my family of four to go a very short distance in a place that has a low cost of living, whereas in Cozumel, I'll pay the same amount to go a much further distance in a place with a higher cost of living. If Jaime is willing to subsidize that a little, that's a perk! But how on earth is it rude for me to ask here on a thread if it actually happens in practice? We're paying for the all inclusive to support Jaime's and we don't drink very much, if at all, so our AI price will be well over what we eat/drink and we always tip generously. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

This response feels a bit critical and hurtful. I didn't say I would ask them to do it - I'm just wondering if it is something they do routinely as it is offered on their website. Taxis have gone up to $4pp so I'm looking at $18 EACH way for my family of four to go a very short distance in a place that has a low cost of living, whereas in Cozumel, I'll pay the same amount to go a much further distance in a place with a higher cost of living. If Jaime is willing to subsidize that a little, that's a perk! But how on earth is it rude for me to ask here on a thread if it actually happens in practice? We're paying for the all inclusive to support Jaime's and we don't drink very much, if at all, so our AI price will be well over what we eat/drink and we always tip generously. 

I agree with you that taxi prices in Costa Maya are completely out of hand at the moment and I am not sure who is pulling strings since the local owners certainly wont benefit if people stay in port. I have to wonder what the deal is with taxis actually being allowed in port to pick up now.

As far as AI we rarely do AI on a cruise ship day.

• 3 weeks later...

Was Supposed to Dock in Costa Maya March 23 2022. Odyssey was  not able to dock due to to unsafe conditions. Had reservations at Jamie’s. I emailed him about not docking at 10 AM. He immediately refunded are deposit by 11Pm that night.

Will not hesitate to book with him again. Was supposed to be our first visit with him. We will be back. Thanks  again Jamie

Edited by link99
  • Like 3