Rccl cancelled my booking for no reason

To clarify, in my post TA meant Transatlantic, not Travel Agent.  And RCI made the mistake, not the travel agent.  The Transatlantic was cancelled (by RCI) but RCI did not cancel my booking, and it just lingered out there until we inquired about the FCC and taxes refund being overdue.

2 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

There's nothing wrong with using a TA.  My TA is my best advocate and has helped me resolve several issues.  But the key is that you have to find a good one.  

And there in lies my problem.  Unfortunately I have several bad ones, mostly just lazy and tough to reach when I needed them, not to mention overpriced trips and less choices.  Finally gave up and started doing all my own travel bookings, and before that....I did all of DH's business travel bookings when he also had problems with a TA.  

I ended up being pretty good at it and loved doing it.   And I still do.  😉 

For many...and probably most people...they have good TAs and love them.  I am sure there are far  more good ones out there than bad ones.  For me...I didn't get as lucky. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruisers425Years said:

The cruise wasn't cancelled just our booking. Final payment wasn't due until later this month.

So this give you a lot of leverage.  Even though the cruise is sold out, there "will" be cancellations.  Even in normal times, there are many cancellations just before final payment.  And many cabins will open up.  

If this was truly RCI's mistake, then I don't see why they couldn't put you in a JS for your original price, and also reinstate any perks that you would have lost.  

8 hours ago, Cruisers425Years said:

TA offered last balcony guarantee

I'm monitoring this cruise (and the one before that) for friends.

Right now, there are 3 Junior suites available.

And, this morning, also 1 or 2 balconies were available. Now -- gone.

Don't give up hope !!!

• Like 1

Along with the note that should have been put in, they should have a recording of any phone calls that reference your cruise (or should have a way to find them?) or any pertinent technology info from what computer did it......don’t give up hope! 

16 hours ago, BSocial said:

There are 3 examples of canceled bookings in OP’s thread now, and all have a TA who owned the booking.  Would be strange indeed if they all used same agency.  We will never know. 

This is the reason I book direct. To add I have read too many posts where the TA failed to forward an email to the passenger that was sent by the cruise line updating changes to protocols.

• Like 2