Odyssey and Oasis both in coco cay on same day

10 minutes ago, BND said:

You do realize that CC can handle two completely full ships at one time, right?  It was built for that.  As for cruise planner items, ours for Nov/Dec b2b have been available for a while.  Although with the change to our first week itinerary, the planner hasn't caught up and excursion dates and availability aren't currently showing correctly.  Normally with two ships, they split the  cabanas, beds, etc.   But, we're just happy to be cruising again.

Shoot when Labadee opened their Pier was 3 Ships a day at times. And though wanted to see it but wasn't there to see it on Dec 31 1999 was 4 Royal Ships at Labadee and Coco Cay that day... But I'd bet one my Royal Ship in 90's at Coco Cay it was more Crowed then 2 these larger ones now. Tons room spread out now that wasnt there 20+ yrs ago. 

Just an advice.

If you are planning to use regular free beach and there are two ships in port use South Beach instead of Chill Island which is closer and will be more crowded. On our September cruise on Oasis we were

only one ship, but even then we could see a difference

An overhead map of Perfect Day at CocoCay that highlights the main attractions.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:09 AM, CruisingSince1982 said:

I'm a little disappointed. I was looking forward to no crowds. Now both ships are scheduled for the same day in December. Any chance that will change? 

Dec 13th?

I'm on this cruise and booked my South Beach Day Bed as a just in case.  Prob the best deal at CCC.

I appreciate that Coco Cay was built for two large ships, but when we planned and booked everything ages ago, we were the only ship that was going to be there.  It's a change thrown at us at the very last minute and we still cannot book anything!

I'm a hyper-planner and not knowing and not being able to tell any of the others what's going on or to give them an expectation about how much things are going to cost now is a bit stressful.

I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter what, it's just a big diversion from what our expectations were.  That's all.

Coco cay capacity is up to 12,000 per day.  This is from 2019

Royal Caribbean’s recently re-opened its Bahamas private island following a $250 million makeover,giving the cruise line’s guests a wide range of activities for playing, dining, drinking and relaxing.

Already it looks like expansion is in the near future.

Perfect Day at CocoCay will get bigger and better with a Phase 2 expansion planned for 2020. After Phase 2, Royal Caribbean’s private island destination will be ready to welcome three ships per day. Given the size of Royal Caribbean’s vessels, that means as many as 12,000 passengers will visit CocoCay daily.

5 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I appreciate that Coco Cay was built for two large ships, but when we planned and booked everything ages ago, we were the only ship that was going to be there.  It's a change thrown at us at the very last minute and we still cannot book anything!

I'm a hyper-planner and not knowing and not being able to tell any of the others what's going on or to give them an expectation about how much things are going to cost now is a bit stressful.

I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter what, it's just a big diversion from what our expectations were.  That's all.

I feel ya!  This is a long-awaited vacation and I too, want to plan.  We’ll be on CoCo Cay 11/4 and just got cabana pricing today.  Trying to breathe deeply! 

5 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

You may want to rethink cruising during a pandemic, when any kind of concrete planning may lead to disappointment. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 6:52 PM, Biker19 said:

You may want to rethink cruising during a pandemic, when any kind of concrete planning may lead to disappointment. 

I do understand what you're saying and I do think that the problem for me with this is that Royal shortened the cruise by one day.  It did not cancel it.  One day.  I've yet to figure out how that one day adds anything to their COVID procedures that they did not know about 3 months ago.  I have had many cruises cancelled and took that in stride, even for this one when it took them over 6 months to get my FCC and OBC credited to my booking.

And, again, I would be fine with all of the changes if they actually delivered on their commitments.  But, everything that I purchased has been cancelled and yet I have not received a single penny refund.  And, I still cannot book anything else despite the fact that they said they'd have everything back online by the 15th.

I also feel responsible for the other 11 people who are cruising with me as I try to plan and coordinate everything for everyone and we are all still up in the air.  Royal gave us dates that they are not abiding by, but they sure as heck wouldn't let me slide a day or more on paying up.

Lastly, as I am a programmer and have been in IT for over 30 years, I am well aware of how hard changes on the fly are.  I cut Royal's IT a lot of slack, but taking more than a month to adjust this cruise appropriately and still not meet the date they committed to?  I could have done it manually and been done long before now.

It's just frustrating and should be handled better.  The customer is not always right, but you at least need to meet the things you commit to or at least be proactive at explaining why you missed the date.

• Like 1