Voyage Health Requirements by Voyage - this will update as conditions change - bookmark!!

Pcardad

• 2 weeks later...

Although I refer to the Voyage Health Requirements daily leading up to our December 9th cruise, I must wonder as to the validity of the information there since the December 1 Explorer voyage has been listed as "Embarking in Miami" for 2 days and it obviously does not (I believe it embarks in Barbados although I am not certain at the moment).  I certainly hope that the information that we need prior to our cruise is vetted more thoroughly.

Although I apologize for commenting on something that has nothing to do with Voyage Health Requirements at the moment, we're on the Dec. 20th Explorer Caribbean run. We've had a fairly significant itinerary change. Twice now, I've gotten shore excursions confirmations for places we're not even going to. I can understand one, but two? Not so sure that the right hand knows what the left is doing these days. I also hope this is sorted out before the Explorer starts it's Caribbean season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 12:32 PM, Mudhen said:

Although I apologize for commenting on something that has nothing to do with Voyage Health Requirements at the moment, we're on the Dec. 20th Explorer Caribbean run. We've had a fairly significant itinerary change. Twice now, I've gotten shore excursions confirmations for places we're not even going to. I can understand one, but two? Not so sure that the right hand knows what the left is doing these days. I also hope this is sorted out before the Explorer starts its Caribbean season.

We are scheduled to be on that same cruise.  The Regent website does not include the voyage health information for that sailing yet.  But in looking at the ones for the previous Explorer itineraries, I had a question about the entry requirements listed for The Bahamas.  The Explorer will now be calling at Great Stirrup Cay per the most-recent itinerary change.  The Regent website does not say anything about needing the Bahamas Travel Health Visa (https://travel.gov.bs/).  Is there some exception to the requirement if visitors are only calling at the cruise line's private site?

As an aside, we--like Mudhen--continue to receive shore excursion updates from Regent on places we are no longer scheduled to visit.  We received notification of clearing the waitlist for an excursion on a now-canceled port call this week.  Something seems to be out of sync in the behind the scenes IT system. 

If you do NOT get a test before leaving home.....Regent will not help out if you test positive, Regent will not cover your trip with a FCC if you don't have insurance and your insurance company will not (confirm his yourself) cover your loss if you test positive.

Both Regent and your insurance company want to know that you were NOT sick before you begin your trip. This is all explained here...

https://www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols

• Like 1

My question is not about testing prior to boarding the Explorer, but the entry requirements for the Bahamas and the ship's call at Great Stirrup Cay.  The requirements are listed here:  https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

Trying to figure out if there is a difference between ships originating in or returning to The Bahamas versus those simply calling at a port there.  Language on that website suggests there is a difference, but wish it was clearer.  For "GUESTS ON CRUISES THAT ORIGINATE IN AND RETURN TO THE BAHAMAS," a negative COVID-19 test (what type and when is not specified on that website) is required for fully vaccinated travelers as well as obtaining a Travel Health Visa prior to departing for The Bahamas.  Elsewhere on the same website, it notes:  "Effective Friday, September 3, 2021, all cruise ship passengers ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated to enter a port in The Bahamas, including a cruise line’s private island."

Again, this seems to suggest a difference on requirements for those starting or ending in The Bahamas versus calling at a port.  I hope Regent will clarify for its voyages calling at Great Stirrup Cay (first stop on 08 December) or those on that cruise will report back on their experience.

Many thanks,

I can't specifically answer the question for Regent, but Crystal passengers embarking in Miami no longer needed the Bahamas Travel Health Visa as of about a month ago.  Other cruise lines dropped the requirement even sooner, so it did vary some by cruise line.  You still need the Bahamas visa if you arrive or depart the Bahamas by air.