Bamboo Room/Playmakers/Johnny Rockets Express on Navigator of the Seas and the UDP

binro01

Bringing the family on the Navigator of the Seas for spring break 2022. We are looking at purchasing the UDP and I do have a question about using the package with the ala carte dining venues.

We are late night dinner eaters, and plan on setting up late evening dinner times for Chops, Jamies, Hooked and Izumi, and take in the shows before dinner. But we also like to nosh on some apps before going to the show. Is it possible to use our UDP to go to Johnny's, Playmakers and the Bamboo Room and use the 20.00 pp ala carte benefit at say 5PM before the shows to get a few apps, then head to the show and after the show head to our main dinner?

I have seen conflicting information about using the UDP in these establishments on the Navigator OTS. Wondering what people have experienced.  

12 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Bringing the family on the Navigator of the Seas for spring break 2022. We are looking at purchasing the UDP and I do have a question about using the package with the ala carte dining venues.

We are late night dinner eaters, and plan on setting up late evening dinner times for Chops, Jamies, Hooked and Izumi, and take in the shows before dinner. But we also like to nosh on some apps before going to the show. Is it possible to use our UDP to go to Johnny's, Playmakers and the Bamboo Room and use the 20.00 pp ala carte benefit at say 5PM before the shows to get a few apps, then head to the show and after the show head to our main dinner?

I have seen conflicting information about using the UDP in these establishments on the Navigator OTS. Wondering what people have experienced.  

• Like 1

My UDP and Navigator experience is dated to pre-pandemic now.  I guess everyone's is come to think of it.

I've never had issues at Playmakers.  Immediately after amplification Bamboo Room worked but JR Express did not.  Months later Bamboo said no.  Didn't try JR because I like the PM burger better and PM has always worked for me with the UDP.  JR to me has never been a great appeal, for some time now.  YMMV.

• Like 1

So Basically we have Playmakers only for apps before the show, gratis via the UDP.

I guess when I get on the ship in April, I cam make a quick stop over at the Bamboo Room and see if the inconsistencies of UDP application prevails and we get lucky with the ability to get some Bamboo Room apps before a show. Whatever it is, we can make it work. 

I am interested in the Bamboo Room's small plates. They look interesting and lighter than the fried/bar food apps Playmakers has.

Yes.

Recently sailed Freedom and had UDP.

1 day

We went to playmakers for a light snack (love the buffalo egg rolls) and beer.

Walked around and explored a bit swam for a while, headed to Izumi for Sushi pre-appetizer and some Sake, than proceeded to Giovanni's for dinner, stopped off to Playmakers for campfire cookie.

on another day we stopped by JR for a burger onion rings and fries, than proceeded to playmakers for those buffalo egg rolls. Stopped in for some Sushi apps before dining at Chops. And you guessed it, finished off the night at playmakers for football and more campfire cookie. 

So yeah if you can eat well worth the price!

Edited by alexgtp

19 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Was a reservation needed for sushi only?

We did not have reservations. We just walked in. We were lucky because only us and Chris from Talking Cruise were sitting at the Sushi bar. He was filming. 😂

• Like 1