Are all rapid antigen tests accepted

Ocean Cat

11 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

RC doesn't care where you get the test as long as it's a legit place and you get a printout with the proper info on it.

I second the above!!!  Had relatives that did theirs at a small local pharmacy.  Didn’t realize until they got to the terminal the pharmacy failed to include their date of birth on the print out.  They were pulled out of line and had to call the pharmacy right there.  Fortunately it was a Saturday so they were able to reach someone.  Otherwise they would have been denied boarding!!!

23 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

How do I ensure that I get everything that Royal needs? Birthdate, “negative” result, what else should be there? 

You ensure that you get everything Royal needs by reading, then re-reading, then re-reading again, the cruise-specific instructions and protocols that the cruise line sends to you. Each port of embarkation and each itinerary may have different requirements. And Royal is really good about sending reminders every few days (hours as the cruise gets closer) via email and their app. 

A general, broad question to people on Cruise Critic will get you random responses from people who have been on cruises (but maybe not on the cruise you are booked on),,,, and worse yet, a heck of a lot of people on CC who are parroting what they have heard with no first-hand knowledge of what is required. For example, there was a comment just above that Monitored tests are good enough.... but they are not, depending on your vaccination status (certain individuals can show up with monitored test results and will be denied boarding). 

I can point you at the generic Royal Caribbean website, but I have no knowledge of whether it will be 100% what you need for your specific cruise. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

• You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

Alright, try this one on for size.  We have a specific challenge because of travel right around a holiday, making scheduling the tests very difficult.  HOWEVER, one member of our party is a licensed physician.  He is willing to bring BINAX NOW test materials when we all meet up in Ft. Lauderdale the day before sailing. He can do the test, and will provide everyone with a printout with their name and DOB, confirmation of negative test results and his signature and license information (both his home state, and he's licensed in Florida).  You think that will suffice?

6 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Alright, try this one on for size.  We have a specific challenge because of travel right around a holiday, making scheduling the tests very difficult.  HOWEVER, one member of our party is a licensed physician.  He is willing to bring BINAX NOW test materials when we all meet up in Ft. Lauderdale the day before sailing. He can do the test, and will provide everyone with a printout with their name and DOB, confirmation of negative test results and his signature and license information (both his home state, and he's licensed in Florida).  You think that will suffice?

from what i heard the test has to be done at a "licensed" service such as a pharmacy..doctors certificates are not allowed

Think this might be the place to ask this question

were booked on a cruise starting in the USA next year but we’re from the UK - can anyone tell me where we can get the antigen tests done in the US before boarding as we’re planning to be in the US for a week before the cruise ?

All the ones I can see online are either paid for by health insurance (something we obviously don’t have) or they are asking crazy prizes like $150-$200 each

tia

By one from Royal/optimum. It is a home teletest which you can perform at any place with good internet connections.

You will get result in App and in PDF sent to your email

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

It saved our cruise after 2(!) CVSs cancelled our appointments

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Tatka said:

By one from Royal/optimum. It is a home teletest which you can perform at any place with good internet connections.

You will get result in App and in PDF sent to your email

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

It saved our cruise after 2(!) CVSs cancelled our appointments

How much in advance did you order the tests, and do they keep for a while?  We are driving to Austin, and hope to secure appointments there, but if not, this would be a great option.  If we do get appointments, how long before the kits expire?

4 hours ago, WindinmySails said:

How much in advance did you order the tests, and do they keep for a while?  We are driving to Austin, and hope to secure appointments there, but if not, this would be a great option.  If we do get appointments, how long before the kits expire?

Depending on where you will be in Austin - XYZ Laboratory in Lakeway was super easy. But they don’t file directly with insurance.  We have done antigen there for travel and did a sane day PCR when my kiddo had symptoms and we wanted to make sure it was really allergies.

• Thanks 1