Proof of vax & passport

A month or 2 ago someone posted they had a problem boarding their flight for their cruise because their proof of vax did not contain their middle name & their passport did contain middle name. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks for any info & input. 

I hope this isn't the case, because I don't have my middle name on my passport or proof of vax.   I'm not flying but I've heard that your passport needs to match whatever your boarding pass states.   I had to call princess yesterday because my boarding pass somehow said Laurie Laurie R.     Somehow I ended up with my middle name showing up the same as my first name.    They told me it was a good thing I called.

Flying domestically, no one cares if you're vaxxed or not. Just flew for the first time to go on our cruise and O'Hare and Miami were zoos! Who knows if the guy next to me was vaxxed, negative, positive? I had to be vaxxed and negative to get on my ship. International flights might be different. It is always good to make sure all your travel docs line up. FYI, my vaxx card doesn't have my middle name, my passport does. No issues at the port at all.

• Like 1

I think the OP is referring to international air travel.  This is a good question.  Many airlines now use an app such as Verifly.  We cancelled our trip so never did use it.  Not sure if the app would catch that.  I have several middle names on my passport as well.  

Edited by milolii
  • Like 1

Go to your specific airlines website and see what their requirements are.

Some use Verifly, some use an IATA app, and some use a different app. I would imagine it will be a year or so before the travel industry settles on 1 or 2 apps.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Go to your specific airlines website and see what their requirements are.

Some use Verifly, some use an IATA app, and some use a different app. I would imagine it will be a year or so before the travel industry settles on 1 or 2 apps.

And some use no app at all.

16 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

And some use no app at all.

Correct.

I used Verifly on our Nassau flights but others on the same flight did not.  It's not required but the benefit it speeds up the check in.

On our flight on Delta from Iceland tried to use the App but it didn't like my scan of the negative COVID-19 test and I tried several times.  Just checked in by showing them the document.  Easy Peasy.

Keith