Adventure OTS 3 Nov 2021 cancelled (post dry-dock)

On 10/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, jean87510 said:

did they say the 11/12 is cancelled?

Yes they did but we took advantage of the lift and shift and for the same money end up b2b on Los for 14 days.  So keep in mind everyone that your lift and shift can be any sailing regardless of days they cover the difference from what you paid to the new cruise 

1 hour ago, live2cruise2011 said:

Yes they did but we took advantage of the lift and shift and for the same money end up b2b on Los for 14 days.  So keep in mind everyone that your lift and shift can be any sailing regardless of days they cover the difference from what you paid to the new cruise 

They said the 11/12 cruise was cancelled? 

1 hour ago, live2cruise2011 said:

Nothing wrong with that option they gave you ,more days is great! and honored you original  cruise fare.

Edited by Jimbo

Still can't figure out if our November 12 cruise is cancelled or is still possible. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see. We had been booked on the Liberty OTS cruise for Oct. 3 and that was canceled just about 4 weeks before, after final payment of course. We're now down to less than that, and it looks like the ship is still in France, so who knows?

I’m happy for those who were able to move to Liberty but for us it’s not an option.  My vacation can not be changed.  And I’m guessing this late in the game there will be others like us.  Royal really needs to let us know what they know.  

2 hours ago, vplsh said:

Still can't figure out if our November 12 cruise is cancelled or is still possible. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see. We had been booked on the Liberty OTS cruise for Oct. 3 and that was canceled just about 4 weeks before, after final payment of course. We're now down to less than that, and it looks like the ship is still in France, so who knows?

Yes the 12th was cancelled as they offered us a free new cruise or a full refund 

I just signed in on the Royal Caribbean webpage and our Nov. 8 cruise that had said “Voyage cancelled” for a few days does not say that now. Links to view our set sail pass and luggage tags worked no problem, Not sure what to think. 🤷‍♀️ 

I emailed my TA this am to call and see if she can find out what’s going on.  Not too hopeful she’ll get anywhere but I’m trying. I’ll report back if I hear anything.  

It seems good that the 8th is showing back up again.  My cruise docs and Planner for the 12th seems fine and always has.  

Called RCCL this am regarding my 11/12/21 cruise on the Adventure.  The representative checked and confirmed that the 11/8/21 and the 11/12/21 as of now are NOT cancelled.  The 11/17/21 and later sailings up to the 1st sailing in December have changes to the ports/times (she didn't specify).  I said "are you sure because its 25 days until this cruise and I have to go to plan B pretty quickly especially with the airfare.  Can you please check with anyone who would be in the know?"  She verified with the person "in the know" that as of today, the 11/8 and 11/12 cruises are not cancelled.  

RCCL in all fairness has been pretty consistent with the cancellations.  First the bookings disappear, then the cruise is cancelled.  Other than my Grandeur cruise in Feb 2022 which hasn't shown up at all since June on the website, I have noticed this pattern since March 2020 for RCCL and Carnival.  I still see my booking which is good.

14 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Called RCCL this am regarding my 11/12/21 cruise on the Adventure.  The representative checked and confirmed that the 11/8/21 and the 11/12/21 as of now are NOT cancelled.  The 11/17/21 and later sailings up to the 1st sailing in December have changes to the ports/times (she didn't specify).  I said "are you sure because its 25 days until this cruise and I have to go to plan B pretty quickly especially with the airfare.  Can you please check with anyone who would be in the know?"  She verified with the person "in the know" that as of today, the 11/8 and 11/12 cruises are not cancelled.  

RCCL in all fairness has been pretty consistent with the cancellations.  First the bookings disappear, then the cruise is cancelled.  Other than my Grandeur cruise in Feb 2022 which hasn't shown up at all since June on the website, I have noticed this pattern since March 2020 for RCCL and Carnival.  I still see my booking which is good.

Try calling back now and ask for a person in the know .....and see what they know? and then call again, take the best out of the 3 answers with a grain of salt.

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Try calling back now and ask for a person in the know .....and see what they know? and then call again, take the best out of the 3 answers with a grain of salt.

I think I will go with Door #1 until I get the official notification.  I have had so many cancelled that I just stick with the pattern and so far, this 11/12 cruise is still listed.  When/if it gets removed from the website, I will call.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

My travel agent says Royal isn’t saying the 12th is canceled yet so until something is official we wait.

I guess we will do the same.  We had something similar happen with our Liberty cruise earlier in October. First it disappeared from the website. For several weeks we checked with Royal and were told it was still going. Finally we were told it was canceled, after final payment. 

Guess we'll just wait and see!

I heard that Adventure went into dry dock in France on Sept. 29th for amplification, which could take from 40-50 days, followed by a transatlantic crossing to Galveston.  If true, this would seem to put the Nov. 3, 8, 12, and possibly 17th cruises in jeopardy.  We are booked on the Nov. 17th departure, and Royal is still selling bookings for the Nov. 12 sailing on its website, so I am hopeful . .    

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

She's in dry dock but where did you get the info about her being amped or length of her stay?

From an article in ***** in May, 2020:

"Coming up in 2021, Adventure of the Seas is scheduled for additional modernization through Royal Caribbean’s $900 million Royal Amplified effort, which will create additional amenities, such as an escape room, laser tag, and Sky Pad, a virtual reality trampoline experience."

I recall reading elsewhere that the average drydock for RC ships undergoing amplification is between 40-50 days, depending on the extent of the modifications.  It would be nice if Royal Caribbean would be more forthcoming with details about the AOS drydock situation.

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The only forthcoming was that ALL amps were being postponed for the foreseeable future.

In that case, the drydock must have been for reasons other than amplification.  Whatever the reason, RC should be communicating with passengers booked for November cruises, especially those of us who have booked flights, hotels, etc.

2 minutes ago, billandsue said:

In that case, the drydock must have been for reasons other than amplification.  Whatever the reason, RC should be communicating with passengers booked for November cruises, especially those of us who have booked flights, hotels, etc.

You may need to adjust your expectations - other than the fanfare the AMPs got with the ships that were to receive them, RCI doesn't usually say anything about dry docks. Also, dry dock schedule slippage is almost expected and RCI itself may not know till fairly close in when they'll actually finish (they may find something at the end which needs fixing which may result in further delays). The long TA back to Galveston may provide some time to make up.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

Oh no!  It happened again.  We sail the 12 th.  I hope they get her back in time.  

I can’t rebook as there is no vacation time at work.  I used a string of days off as an RN to book ours, working all my days before and after the 5 nights.  And our schedule is out for the rest of the year.   We also have our first owners suite.  I need a vacation SO BAD! The DH and I ( like many I suppose ) haven’t been anywhere in a year.  We don’t even plan to leave the ship but just rest and relax away from the house we’ve been trapped in.

It is what it is. My moaning won’t change things but they have sure messed up a lot of peoples plans.  Hoping she gets back from France in time for us.  3 weeks notice is pretty disappointing. 

So sorry to hear that.  My daughter’s a Nurse Practitioner, so I’m aware of how difficult it is to reschedule vacation time in the medical field.  It’s difficult enough with other jobs, but more so in the medical field.  I certainly hope you have insurance that covers cancellation for any reason, because if my memory serves me well, job or jury duty is not covered by basic travel insurance.  I’ve been retired for 14 years, so I don’t know if that has changed. 

Best to you.  👍

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You may need to adjust your expectations - other than the fanfare the AMPs got with the ships that were to receive them, RCI doesn't usually say anything about dry docks. Also, dry dock schedule slippage is almost expected and RCI itself may not know till fairly close in when they'll actually finish (they may find something at the end which needs fixing which may result in further delays). The long TA back to Galveston may provide some time to make up.

I understand that RC doesn't usually say anything about dry docks, especially ones that are regularly scheduled.   However, when a dry dock results in cancellation of one (or possibly more) cruises, I think RC should say something, rather than simply letting speculation fill the void.  Then again, communication with passengers and other stakeholders has never been Royal's strong suit.

57 minutes ago, billandsue said:

However, when a dry dock results in cancellation of one (or possibly more) cruises, I think RC should say something, rather than simply letting speculation fill the void.

They do, however, I suspect not on the timeline or the level of detail expected by some.

Edited by Biker19