When can you pick arrival time?

grimpil

I really haven't had issues with the app itself - that said it will probably come back to bite me! 

We were using it on the Regal Nov 2019 -  I didn't think I would like it but I found it surprisingly convenient.

Personally I think the delay is in logistics and state of flux.  It's hard to be patient when you need to make reservations on your end. (We were late docking & our car service wouldn't wait - we're talking 1/2 hr difference!!)

We're just home from Bermuda on NCL - it just felt so good to be back on the "high seas"  🥰🌊🚢

We are on the Majestic Princess, leaving Los Angeles on December 4th.  We were able to pick our boarding time last week, Group A, 11:30-12 noon.

We first used the Medallion on the Ruby Princess in March, 2020, New Zealand round trip from Sydney.  All of our personal information transferred to the Majestic Princess which made it a breeze for us.

If you’re platinum or elite it doesn’t matter. I had a 12:30 boarding time in San Pedro, but my transfer arrived at 11:20. I went to the platinum/elite line and they sent me right to the boarding line at 11:30 or so.  They had a tent waiting area for those arriving early, but nobody checked my arrival time and I didn’t see anyone waiting in the tent. 

• Like 1

According to the app, I'm 59 days, 23 hours, 30 minutes from sailing and arrival options are now available.

Guess I got lucky at 60 days out...?

And even Bistro is now showing up in the app (but that's a story for another thread).

• Thanks 2

OP here... only 23 days out and i still cant pick my arrival time. Have Princess transfer booked to port so i will just show up whenever i guess. Everything else seems to work on the app so i am hesitant to reinstall it.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:23 AM, grimpil said:

OP here... only 23 days out and i still cant pick my arrival time. Have Princess transfer booked to port so i will just show up whenever i guess. Everything else seems to work on the app so i am hesitant to reinstall it.

We too have Princess transfers, so not sure about picking arrival time on app, as arrival is totally out of my control.  

On 10/15/2021 at 8:48 AM, Mflem1278 said:

Does anybody know how this works if you are using Princess Transfers from airport/ hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and then hotel/pier the next morning?  We are coming in the day before, to Ft. Lauderdale.

Please come back and let me know as I also booked the pre-cruise hotel pkg. I wanted to cover as much as possible with FCC and somehow it let me. 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Please come back and let me know as I also booked the pre-cruise hotel pkg. I wanted to cover as much as possible with FCC and somehow it let me. 

Will do.  We arrive the 8th of January, sail on the 9th.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:
On 10/15/2021 at 8:48 AM, Mflem1278 said:

Does anybody know how this works if you are using Princess Transfers from airport/ hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and then hotel/pier the next morning?  We are coming in the day before, to Ft. Lauderdale.

Expand  

31 minutes ago, Mflem1278 said:

Will do.  We arrive the 8th of January, sail on the 9th.

Guess I'll let you know --- I arrive on December 8th for a December 9th cruise. 

Just  got my arrival time this morning for our Nov. 27 Sky Cruise, I have been looking everyday for the last couple weeks today when I checked it showed 2 available for Group A early group we chose this as we live in Fort Lauderdale  and we enjoy roaming around the ship so we get there early.  30 days for us to get arrival group. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MarkE said:

Just  got my arrival time this morning for our Nov. 27 Sky Cruise, I have been looking everyday for the last couple weeks today when I checked it showed 2 available for Group A early group we chose this as we live in Fort Lauderdale  and we enjoy roaming around the ship so we get there early.  30 days for us to get arrival group. 

Are you platinum, elite or in a suite?

Thanks 

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are you platinum, elite or in a suite?

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Just wondering if they do those first, or alert them?

They ought to be doing that, and have been lobbied to do so, but not sure anything is being done about it.  I would like to know if this is happening at all as well.  

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They ought to be doing that, and have been lobbied to do so, but not sure anything is being done about it.  I would like to know if this is happening at all as well.  

Thus far there's been no advance notification for platinum (my current status).  I've just been going into the app every morning to check, especially around key milestone dates like 60 days out and 30 days out.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:03 PM, mammajamma2013 said:

Chiming in again; we were able to choose our boarding time today for our November 20 Enchanted cruise.

I wish I could choose.  Boarding times don't even show up on my medallion.  I'm happy for you!