When can you pick arrival time?

grimpil

If you have a smaller iphone, like my SE, the screen to choose the time has a glitch, since it doesn't show the confirm button. I was frustrated by it for weeks, until I finally put the app on my ipad, and then I was able to confirm a time. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, atobols said:

We're sailing from SF on November 22nd.  We were able to choose our arrival group about a week ago.

I'd keep an eye on it to make sure doesn't disappear.  Consensus seems to be 20 - 30 days out from Princess.  I have read where at least one other poster lost their Arrival Group in the MC App (perhaps Princess wiped them out close to cruise date) and they had to re-select and by that time, only the late group was open.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd keep an eye on it to make sure doesn't disappear.  Consensus seems to be 20 - 30 days out from Princess.  I have read where at least one other poster lost their Arrival Group in the MC App (perhaps Princess wiped them out close to cruise date) and they had to re-select and by that time, only the late group was open.

That would suck!  Thanks for the warning, I'll keep checking to make sure I stay in group A.

31 minutes ago, Mflem1278 said:

Does anybody know how this works if you are using Princess Transfers from airport/ hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and then hotel/pier the next morning?  We are coming in the day before, to Ft. Lauderdale.

If you are in an overnight hotel, why not pick your preferred Arrival Group and then take taxi/Uber from hotel or if a shuttle is available at an appropriate time, then take that.  (We do not use the shuttle services as they often tend to have multiple hotel stops and multiple ship stops - I like to go direct, non-stop so I know my arrival time will be as I want it to be).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If you are in an overnight hotel, why not pick your preferred Arrival Group and then take taxi/Uber from hotel or if a shuttle is available at an appropriate time, then take that.  (We do not use the shuttle services as they often tend to have multiple hotel stops and multiple ship stops - I like to go direct, non-stop so I know my arrival time will be as I want it to be).

We are doing the Princess Transfers from hotel to ship.  I am wondering if Princess will pick our Arrival Group, as we have no control over that.   Wondering if anybody know for sure how it will work.

5 hours ago, riffatsea said:

It may be differen for each port

I have already picked arrival time for my December cruise out of San Pedro

Wow. Jealous. I'm on the Majestic Princess out of LA in late December and still nothing has opened for me.

48 minutes ago, Mflem1278 said:

We are doing the Princess Transfers from hotel to ship.  I am wondering if Princess will pick our Arrival Group, as we have no control over that.   Wondering if anybody know for sure how it will work.

You will be able to check in when the bus arrives at the terminal.  Perhaps you are more comfortable using Princess, but it is cheaper to go in a taxi than pay Princess 2 bus fares.

9 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

We're on Enchanted Princess out of Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 20 and as of yesterday (Oct. 14) it was too soon.

Why don't you come over to our thread and sign up for our M&G.  

10 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

So no one truly knows yet?

Nope! 

I was on with Princess yesterday about something else - (fellow seemed quite knowledgeable)

As an afterthought asked him about when the arrival time appears on the OM.

His answer was between 45-20 days before.  We're at 43

33 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

I'm at 18 days for the Nov 3rd trans on the Regal and 
I can't pick a group yet.

Same here!  I was just making transfer arrangements and was trying to figure out what time I should shoot for.  Moot point since the app won't give us those groups/times! 

I really believe that a big majority of the people who are having app issues are *really* having behind the scenes data issues...which of course you cannot see or fix yourself.  That would explain why some people are popping up saying they have no issues at all. 

I had most of the same issues people are complaining about for the second Majestic Alaska sailing earlier this year.  It got down to about a week and a half prior to sail date when I finally sent a blistering email detailing every bug and problem I could find in the app to the support/development group.  The very next day pretty much every issue was cleared up for my Android Galaxy S10.  All it took was for someone to actually look at my account record and tweak it.  There was a big data migration mid-year before any ships sailed in preparation (Hah) for the app being put to use by July/August.  Many have surmised that the migration failed for a lot of people.

• Like 1