CDC Accepts Mixed Vaccines for International Travelers

At last! The CDC has announced that international travelers with mixed vaccines will be consider fully vaccinated for entry into the US as long as both vaccines are recognized by the WHO!

Bring on the snowbirds and Canadian cruisers this winter!🎉🥂

https://apple.news/A_DEyyqwdSieJIH0oMjU7wA

• Like 5

Finally.

that should change the rules for Canadians that want to sail out of the U.S.

too bad this hadn’t happened earlier along with the border so those on the TA that aren’t from the U.S. weren’t cancelled 😡 

• Like 5

I never had any doubts that mixed vaccines would be accepted by the CDC -- and sooner or later by the W.H.O. It was just a matter of getting the trials/studies done and peer-reviewed and submitting the documentation. 

Canada is not the only country who did mixed vaccines. The U.K., Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Spain also offered second doses of mRNA vaccines to people who received the AstraZeneca shot first.

Experts are now recognizing that mixing and matching SARS-CoV-2 vaccines can boost the effectiveness by triggering stronger or broader immune responses. 

• Like 4

So happy to hear this.  My husband got the mixed doses and we have been concerned that he may not have been able to cruise next year.  Now I just need to see the cruise lines saying they accept the mixed doses.  Hopefully soon.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daisyloo said:

So happy to hear this.  My husband got the mixed doses and we have been concerned that he may not have been able to cruise next year.  Now I just need to see the cruise lines saying they accept the mixed doses.  Hopefully soon.  

The cruise lines don’t want to lose any more money. They will accept mixed vaccines as soon as they can examine the CDC ruling and draft a new policy.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Yes, I wonder when this will change as it invalidates our insurance.  

Agree - I would have thought that it would be lifted by now.  Perhaps when the vaccination percentage is higher or when the ban on larger ships ends in November?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Agree - I would have thought that it would be lifted by now.  Perhaps when the vaccination percentage is higher or when the ban on larger ships ends in November?

How can they push for the US to open the border for non essential travel, but tell us to avoid non essential international travel at the same time? 🤷🏼‍♀️
The do as I say, not as I do’ approach of our government officials is getting a little old. 😏

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

The do as I say, not as I do’ approach of our government officials is getting a little old. 😏

That thought applies to some Americans as well.  

19 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

The CDC has announced that international travelers with mixed vaccines will be consider fully vaccinated for entry into the US as long as both vaccines are recognized by the WHO!

This is positive news.  But, I am glad that all three of my vaccine shots have some from Pfizer.  I guess I am "brand loyal"?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1