Bring wine aboard. Can I?

Dwright826

Yes.  We do it every cruise.  We have gone out of multiple ports, and they have never once given us a hard time. In your carry on luggage only  (not checked luggage).

Make sure you bring a cork screw.  Many liquor stores sell an inexpensive travel cork screw.

• Like 1

We cruised Horizon back in August and no one even checked our bottles. We went right through security with our bottles and no one even blinked an eye or questioned it.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gtalum said:

Yes, you can each bring one 750 ml bottle.  No, you can't "share" a 1500 ml bottle.  It has to be one smaller bottle per person 21+.

According to John Heald, you are incorrect. I specifically messaged him (a couple of years ago) and asked if my wife and I could bring a 1.5 liter box of win instead of 2 750ml bottles of wine and he said, no problem. I've done it several times since then and again, no problem.

12 minutes ago, gtalum said:

Fair enough.  I'm going by the policy on carnival.com.

• Prohibited Items
  • Wine or champagne beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)

Yes, I read that as well which is why I messaged John because the weight of two glass bottles vs 1 cardboard box is vastly different yet the amount of wine is the same. Was never intending to try and get something over on Carnival, just trying to save weight and space when packing.

4 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

According to John Heald, you are incorrect. I specifically messaged him (a couple of years ago) and asked if my wife and I could bring a 1.5 liter box of win instead of 2 750ml bottles of wine and he said, no problem. I've done it several times since then and again, no problem.

John has no "Beard" authority to overrule terminal staff.

3 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

Never said he did but the terminal staff didn't bat an eye to our 1.5L box. I simply asked a question, he answered it, and I found his answer to be accurate.

Terminal staff ignoring stated policy isn't a surprise but I won't count on it