Choice Air issues today

clojacks

Anyone else having issues searching flights with Choice Air this today? I'm trying to search flights from multiple airports near me for a cruise next July that will round trip through Dublin, that is well within the 330 day perimeter and I'm getting nothing back?? I don't want to call and spend hours searching multiple combinations with phone support yet, so for my circumstance its easier to do legwork myself and then include them when I have the final info.

Same problem for me. Others have also reported the site glitchy. My favorite search site is https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ which I believe is now owned by Google. I just learned that it is also prudent when you ae doing your return trip from a different country to do the search as 2 one-way trips as well as a multiple stop trip. Some choices came up for me that were more economical as a separate one-way to the cruise and one for the return home . 

3 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Same problem for me. Others have also reported the site glitchy. My favorite search site is https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ which I believe is now owned by Google. I just learned that it is also prudent when you ae doing your return trip from a different country to do the search as 2 one-way trips as well as a multiple stop trip. Some choices came up for me that were more economical as a separate one-way to the cruise and one for the return home . 

I've used Choice Air the past couple of trips for Business fares from either the US or Canada ( we live close to the border and have found fares extremely competitive compared to our extremely NOT competitive local 2 line international airport). The deal breaker for me with using Choice Air occured when we were in Sri Lanka on a Celebrity cruise when all hell broke loose with COVID and I was able to get through to CA minutes after getting the announcement of our turning back to Dubai on board the ship. I had my changes made in minutes while MANY people were relying on the ship for days to get their flights changed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clojacks said:

I've used Choice Air the past couple of trips for Business fares from either the US or Canada ( we live close to the border and have found fares extremely competitive compared to our extremely NOT competitive local 2 line international airport). The deal breaker for me with using Choice Air occured when we were in Sri Lanka on a Celebrity cruise when all hell broke loose with COVID and I was able to get through to CA minutes after getting the announcement of our turning back to Dubai on board the ship. I had my changes made in minutes while MANY people were relying on the ship for days to get their flights changed.

That makes me feel even better about using CA.  I have used it in the past and been happy with the pricing/service.  Currently there is a schedule change (big surprise) and hopefully I will get the adjusted flights I’ve requested.  We aren’t sailing until Apr 22 so who knows how many other changes will happen.

19 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

That makes me feel even better about using CA.  I have used it in the past and been happy with the pricing/service.  Currently there is a schedule change (big surprise) and hopefully I will get the adjusted flights I’ve requested.  We aren’t sailing until Apr 22 so who knows how many other changes will happen.

Yes, I have had multiple changes to our flights to/from Miami in December. The latest change has our flight departing Miami an hour after the ship docks! I am trusting CA to sort it out, if possible. 

3 hours ago, john1970 said:

It might also be that the cruise air contracts aren't finalised and loaded even if the flight schedule shows on the reservation system. 

Except, that about 2 weeks ago, it was showing flights that I searched for earlier this week...

So, this message is on the Choice Air site this morning...

ChoiceAir is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue quickly and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

9 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Uh oh.

1 hour ago, clojacks said:

So, this message is on the Choice Air site this morning...

ChoiceAir is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue quickly and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

It's been that way at least 2 days

4 hours ago, Sanatee said:

It's been that way at least 2 days

Not to nit pick, but I checked the site 2 days ago when I started my most recent search, and while the site wasn't working, which it sounds like it hasn't been for a week or more, it DIDN'T have this more ominous disclaimer on it.

I have followed this board because I did not know one could now book flights through Choice Air. The last time I used it, I had to go through my travel agent. That experience was a disaster. My laugh is that we have had our flight out of Miami changed at least 10 times. Every time the airline wants to put us on a flight leaving at 6 am on the day of arrival. That just isn't going to work.

I for an email today from Choice Air and was thrilled that they made the changes I wanted.  The nonstop had been cancelled on our original flight and they moved us to the day prior nonstop and the same happened with the return and we got moved to the next day for the return.  It adds 2 additional days to our trip - thankfully being retired it’s a bonus.  Fingers crossed no additional schedule changes but we don’t sail until April. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PirateWife said:

I have followed this board because I did not know one could now book flights through Choice Air. The last time I used it, I had to go through my travel agent. That experience was a disaster. My laugh is that we have had our flight out of Miami changed at least 10 times. Every time the airline wants to put us on a flight leaving at 6 am on the day of arrival. That just isn't going to work.

My flights have had a lot of changes too, but all good again for the moment 🤞