Would you book a mini under Sea Walk on Sky Princess?

barante

The Sea Walk on Sky is somewhat different design from other ships. Still, would you book a mini suite on Sky directly under the Sea Walk? Please only comment if you actually experienced those Sky cabins.

Edited by barante

We have not been on the Sky Princess yet - but we did have a Club Class Mini-suite in 2017 on the Regal Princess under the Sea Walk on Baja Deck (B429) with the larger angled balcony and would definitely book there again! For me, I am not certain if I would book a mini-suite on a higher deck right under the Sea Walk but on Deck 11 or 12 I would.

Brian

Edited by bagney
  • Like 1

If you like watching stars and the ocean at night, you will hate any mid-ship cabin.  You have lights shining from above and below.  Those newer ships are lit up like a beacon.  I believe that Princess is making their ships like a huge lit up billboard.  Recognizable from miles away.  I hope that I never have to have a mid-ship cabin on a Royal Class ship.

11 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

If you like watching stars and the ocean at night, you will hate any mid-ship cabin.  You have lights shining from above and below.  Those newer ships are lit up like a beacon.  I believe that Princess is making their ships like a huge lit up billboard.  Recognizable from miles away.  I hope that I never have to have a mid-ship cabin on a Royal Class ship.

so, that's a no ?

• Haha 1

Hi, 

I cruised aboard the Sky Princess in December 2019 in a mini-suite (R410) that is near the Sea Walk. This is a great stateroom with a larger angled balcony. Due to the different design of the Sea Walk on this ship, I think these balconies have more privacy compared to the earlier ships in this class. The Sky Princess is a beautiful ship. 

Chuck 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 7:42 PM, AVCruzers said:

Since we prefer Club Class, those cabins are often in that area of the ship.  We have had those cabins on the Regal, Royal and are booked on Baja on the Majestic.  

Same here.....we like Club Class and those are where the Club Class mini's are located so that is where we end up on the Royal Class ships.....we have never had a problem with privacy and kind of enjoy the blue glow at night......

There seems to be some differences on looking down from the Sky Walk from the Regal to the Sky. At least that's what it looks like on you tube tours of the Sky. It doesn't seem to look down directly on the balconies below. Like I said, I'm only going by what I see on the tours.

6 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Well, never say never, but as I said, I hope that I never...

So, definitely, maybe that's a no.😋 

Or, as we say in Scotland....maybes aye, maybes naw! 😉