What would you do?

JamieLogical

What would I do?  Sorry I have to say this, but I wouldn't go on either without my husband as I don't think I would enjoy it with him at home.  DH travelled extensively when he worked and now that he is retired we are joined at the hip!  I would save the money and book the retreat when you can both enjoy it.

If you cannot cancel at this point, then just the one cruise.  I could be wrong but I thought the cruise had to be a minimum of 7 days to qualify for the $50 B2B discount.  

Whatever you decide, I hope you're happy with your decision.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

What would I do?  Sorry I have to say this, but I wouldn't go on either without my husband as I don't think I would enjoy it with him at home.  DH travelled extensively when he worked and now that he is retired we are joined at the hip!  I would save the money and book the retreat when you can both enjoy it.

If you cannot cancel at this point, then just the one cruise.  I could be wrong but I thought the cruise had to be a minimum of 7 days to qualify for the $50 B2B discount.  

I feel the same way about not cruising without my DH, but others seem to enjoy it just fine, so it is good to have options.  However, a girlfriend cruise is always a great way to cruise too!

12 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I wish my husband and I were retired! Then I would never have to travel without him. As things are now, though, I get a lot more vacation time than he does. We have only been together for about five years and I have been at my job almost 16 years. One of the main motivators for me taking and keeping this job all these years is the time off they offer. Vacation time has always been super important to me. My husband made a conscious decision when he took his current job to give up some vacation time for more money. We long ago agreed that I shouldn't have to suffer and miss out on vacations just because he chose different priorities than I did. Of course, that's easier said than done, because we do both miss each other terribly when we are apart.

I should note that it is my own money I am spending on these cruises and any other trips I take. We keep our finances completely separate.

• Like 1

I decided to pull the trigger and do the B2B. I guess I have until Day 3 of my first leg to chicken out. Changing my flight through Celebrity would have been more expensive than just booking my own one-way flight home after the second leg, so I still have my original return flight as well. And I can cancel 48 hours out under Cruise With Confidence and get FCC to just put towards my January sailing.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I just went back and reread this whole thread, because I am in almost the same predicament now as I was back then. I am booked on a solo 5-day sailing on the Summit on March 19. I can add the 4-day March 24 sailing and make it a B2B very inexpensively and at the cost of only one additional vacation day. The main difference this time is that I would be in a regular veranda cabin for both legs. Weirdly, having gone through this whole debate for my November cruise(s) doesn't make the decision any easier this time around!

• Like 1

This is a hard one. Posed your predicament to my husband and he says stay in the Sky Suite for 5 days. I'm on the fence about this. I love just being on the ship. Seems like my husband has gotten the Retreat bug! Good luck with whatever you decide. Either way you're on the ship!

I appreciate your dilemma.  Although older than you, my DH and I are in a similar situation.  I have always had a job with a lot of vacation, while he works for himself and cannot take much time off.  Now I am retired and really have a lot of time!  I sailed solo for the first time in October and really enjoyed it.   It wasn't perfect, and I pretty much always would rather sail with my DH, but I am glad I went.  Actually, I sometimes get bored (temporarily!) around day 5 whether I am with him or not.  As it turned out, by the time the 8-day cruise ended, I wished I would have had another day or two!

As far as a B2B, I don't know.  I would be drawn to it, like you are, because it is a great deal, but I think I would pass and put the money toward another cruise (by myself, if DH couldn't sail with me).