Is Mini Bar exchange for "Coffee Cards" still an option for Elite?

Red Hat Cruise Cat

Is Mini Bar exchange for "Coffee Cards"  still an option for Elite? 

I know the coffee cards are gone, I just don't know how to refer to the mini bar exchange for coffee😄😅

If so, how does it work with Medallion?

Do you still get 30 Specialty Coffees and unlimited brewed coffees and Special Tea?

Yes.

If there are two people in the cabin, each will get one "coffee card" on their account.

When you purchase an specialty coffee, the Medallion will "tell" the bartender/server that you have the "card."

The app for the Medallion will not tell you how many "punches" are unused, but any bartender can.

• Like 1

I'm also interested in the exchange. Our Nov. cruise will be our 1st as elite. Am I correct that I will need to contact room service to request the exchange? Is this done thru the app? Thanks for any info & input. 

10 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I'm also interested in the exchange. Our Nov. cruise will be our 1st as elite. Am I correct that I will need to contact room service to request the exchange? Is this done thru the app? Thanks for any info & input. 

Just call room service on boarding day and request the exchange. Someone will pick up your mini bar. Room service will add the coffee package to your accounts. The package probably will not show on your account immediately. If you want both packages on a single account you have to mention that when calling room service. Don't believe this transaction is an app option. For those that have the plus fare the trade is not necessary. 

when you call room service asking for exchange, consider asking how long it will take for coffee package to show up on your medallion - they tell you.

so not get scared when you see charges on your shipboard account for coffee package right after that exchange happened, it will be deleted next day (my personal experience on Grand recently)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1