Shower stall vs Tub/shower combo with a couch

Midwest Sunseeker

I am considering trying a Princess.  We are long time cruisers with Celebrity, Holland,  and RC.  We prefer to use a shower stall not a tub/shower combination.  We also want a couch in the room.  What cabins should I look at to make sure that I have those in my cabin?  Thank you for your help and knowledge.

I might be wrong on this, but right off the top of my head I think you'll need to book a suite on any class of ship or a deluxe balcony on a Royal Class ship to get both a sofa and a standalone shower. Minisuites have the combo tub/shower and have a sofa. Regular balconies, OV, and insides on ships other than Royal Class have a shower stall but no sofa. Suites have separate tub and shower. Deluxe balconies on Royal Class look like they have a sofa and a shower stall.

• Like 1

Royal Class Ships: Royal, Regal, Majestic, Enchanted, Discovery Princess

Deluxe Balcony cabins "D" designation have a two seat sofa and a stall shower

Mini Suite cabins "M" designation have a three seat sofa and a tub/shower combination

Full Suites "S" designation have the seating. Mostly tub/shower.

Balcony category "B" designation cabins, interior & ocean view cabins have a shower stall, no sofa.

Other ships: Grand, Sapphire, Diamond, Ruby, Emerald, Crown, Island, Coral Princess

Mini Suites "M" designation have a tub/shower combination and a sofa.

Full Suites "S" designation most have the tub shower combination and seating.

All other cabins have a shower stall and no sofa. 

• Like 2

If you want a shower AND a couch, you can book certain mini-suites on some ships. 

These cabins were originally supposed to be for handicap, but there was something that didn't pass the requirements.

Here are the ships: Caribbean, Golden, Grand, Sapphire & Star: Dolphin deck, cabins 732 & 733.

Diamond & Sapphire: Dolphin deck, cabins 736 & 737.

HUGE balconies, enormous handicap-style shower, smallish couch.

Pix attached (I've lost the picture I took of the shower, but it's big enough for 4 friends at one time 🤣).

The description on the booking web-site says "twin beds only", but it's not true. It is doable, just leaves a small area to walk from the bed area to the couch & balcony.

Bathroom (3).JPG

Balcony (2).JPG

Balcony (2).JPG

Balcony (1).JPG

Couch.JPG

After (3).JPG

After (2).JPG

10 hours ago, skynight said:

Mini Suite cabins "M" designation have a three seat sofa and a tub/shower combination

Balcony category "B" designation cabins, interior & ocean view cabins have a shower stall, no sofa.

Other ships: Grand, Sapphire, Diamond, Ruby, Emerald, Crown, Island, Coral Princess

Small correction:  "S" full suites have a glass enclosed shower and a whirlpool bathtub - except Royal class where the bathtubs have no whirlpool jets.   Some - very few - suites have combo tub/shower - usually the ones in the bow and are so noted on princess.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, skynight said:

Every suite I have had on Royal class ships have a separate bathtub and a seperate fairly large shower.  

On 10/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, Midwest Sunseeker said:

I am considering trying a Princess.  We are long time cruisers with Celebrity, Holland,  and RC.  We prefer to use a shower stall not a tub/shower combination.  We also want a couch in the room.  What cabins should I look at to make sure that I have those in my cabin?  Thank you for your help and knowledge.

In general, it is mini-suites that have the tub/shower combination.

I have always found the tub edge very high to step over.  Maybe 4 inches higher than at home...

Your mileage may vary..