Transfer from FLL to Miami port

wack001

Howdy all! emo22.gif

This thread has been moved to the correct forum where it will be on-topic.

In the future, please remember all a member has to do is just use the Report feature. Click the Wrong Forum / Move Thread radio button, then the Submit Report button. Someone will take care of the situation when time permits. For more details, see How To: Report a Post.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and happy sails to all,

Host Kat emo32.gif

9 hours ago, wack001 said:

Does anyone know of any companies that provide shuttle service from FLL(Ft Lauderdale) to Miami cruise port.

Lyft is always available but looking for other reasonable transfer companies.

Yes - if you are somewhat flexible - Tri-Rail mass transit from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami airport is $3.75 per person - then you can take a short, inexpensive taxi ride. Probably cheapest way to do it - but there are many options.

Ask yourself:  do you feel you are worth spending a few dollars on yourself to have an easy time when on vacation --- "Well, do ya?"  (As Harry Callahan might put it.)

8 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Yes - if you are somewhat flexible - Tri-Rail mass transit from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami airport is $3.75 per person - then you can take a short, inexpensive taxi ride. Probably cheapest way to do it - but there are many options.

Ask yourself:  do you feel you are worth spending a few dollars on yourself to have an easy time when on vacation --- "Well, do ya?"  (As Harry Callahan might put it.)

The taxi ride from MIA to POM  costs $28+ tip. To get to Tri Rail from FLL requires a shuttle, and then a fairly long walk at the MIA end. Depending upon how long you wait for the shuttle and train it could take you 2+ hours to get from FLL to MIA.

Better, IMHO, to use a shared shuttle or Uber to go straight from FLL to the port in about 40 minutes, but it is your call.

Another vote her for SAS. We’ve used them several times and they’ve always been reliable. Even with a delayed flight coming in, they were there waiting for us and called us as soon as we made it to the gate to assure us they were there and waiting. I’d book them any day! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Another vote her for SAS. We’ve used them several times and they’ve always been reliable. Even with a delayed flight coming in, they were there waiting for us and called us as soon as we made it to the gate to assure us they were there and waiting. I’d book them any day! 

I'm glad to hear that. As a result of this thread, I have booked SAS for two cruises out of POM but coming in from FLL.  One cruise we'll be parking at Park n Go in Ft Lauderdale (our regular off port parking) with their drop off at the airport and taking SAS to POM.   I'm saving $150 over Parking at POM including SAS' van fee. Worth the little inconvenience.

Then we have a cruise from Miami that ends in Montreal.  So I'm renting a car and dropping it off at FLL then using SAS to POM.  This saved me about eight hours of not flying to Miami from upstate FL and lots of airfare. 

It comforts me that you say they're reliable.

On 10/26/2021 at 6:31 PM, kimberlypodgorny said:

I just used SAS last week to my freedom cruise. Highly recommend. I went from FLL to Downtown Miami hotel since I came 2 days early price was $15. 

Is SAS a shared shuttle?

On 10/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, kimberlypodgorny said:

I just used SAS last week to my freedom cruise. Highly recommend. I went from FLL to Downtown Miami hotel since I came 2 days early price was $15. 

I tried to book a reservation with them from FLL to Miami hotel and they wanted ~100.  SAS does not cover MIA hotels.

Edited by shofer

32 minutes ago, shofer said:

I tried to book a reservation with them from FLL to Miami hotel and they wanted ~100.  SAS does not cover MIA hotels.

How late in the day? If they cannot fill the van with other cruisers the cost will go way up - afternoon and evening UberX or standard Lyft are better options.

9 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

How late in the day? If they cannot fill the van with other cruisers the cost will go way up - afternoon and evening UberX or standard Lyft are better options.

About 10 AM.  But regardless as they don't go to MiA or hotels near MIA.  We don't have smart phones so Uber/Lyft is out of the question.   I think we may take TriRail mass transit to MIA and taxi from there.

9 hours ago, shofer said:

About 10 AM.  But regardless as they don't go to MiA or hotels near MIA.  We don't have smart phones so Uber/Lyft is out of the question.   I think we may take TriRail mass transit to MIA and taxi from there.

Why pay (I realize the Tri-Rail is cheap, under $5 each) to go and stay near MIA where you are still a $30 cab ride from the port? 🤔  You will need to shuttle to the station, ride the train, and then shuttle to your MIA hotel on the other end - lots of hassle IMHO

You can stay near FLL and use SAS the next morning to get to  POM, or stay in downtown Miami where you are a $10 cab ride from the port.

12 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Why pay (I realize the Tri-Rail is cheap, under $5 each) to go and stay near MIA where you are still a $30 cab ride from the port? 🤔  You will need to shuttle to the station, ride the train, and then shuttle to your MIA hotel on the other end - lots of hassle IMHO

You can stay near FLL and use SAS the next morning to get to  POM, or stay in downtown Miami where you are a $10 cab ride from the port.

This was bothering me so much I emailed my TA who called me this AM.  She informed me that Southwest had a direct flight to MIA out of Midway.  Cancelled our previous flights to FLL and re-booked to MIA.  Did cost a few dollars more but took the anxiety out of trying to get to the hotel.   

On 11/3/2021 at 8:53 PM, shofer said:

I have a booking with SAS from FLL to Miami Marriot Biscayne Bay later this month for the advertised 15 p/p (cash), they charge a $25 p/p minimum if you use a credit card.   Looks like you charged a ride for 4 people.

Edited by jerseyjjs

1 hour ago, jerseyjjs said:

This IS the Florida Departures board.

The thread was probably moved by the moderator(s) from a cruise line specific forum because this is a specific question about Florida departure ports and has nothing to do with a specific cruise line.

Added:  Just saw Host Kat's explanation in post #3.  That's exactly what happened.

• Thanks 1

We’ve taken SAS from a FLL hotel to the Miami Port many times and been very pleased with their service.

However, they really crammed the extended van full of people.  That was all before the pandemic.  Does anybody have recent experience with SAS?  

We are planning to take a taxi instead for our next cruise because of this concern.  

We probably have too much luggage to take an Uber.