RCCL still providing free rapid/PCR tests for those who need it to fly home?

We sailed the Odyssey in August and RCCL provided free PCR tests for us on the last evening of the cruise, so we could board our flight to Canada the next day and would have the required negative PCR test to enter our home country.  This was awesome, much appreciated, and the process was handled perfectly by RCCL.

My in-laws are sailing in mid-November with RCCL and with current rules, they still require a negative Covid test to reenter Canada.  Can anyone tell me if RCCL is still offering this service free of charge and if so, can you please provide me with a link to this info on their webpage if you know where it is located?  I looked for it, but it must be buried deep in FAQs because I could not locate it.

Here you go 🙂

There’s a link to click on the embarkation port to make the appt, but you can only book a few days out from the sail date:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-dont-find-a-pre-cruise-test-or-get-test-results-in-time

What if I can’t find a pre-cruise COVID-19 test, or I don’t get my test results in time? Can you test me at the terminal on boarding day?

The Information below is for Guests Departing from U.S. Ports.

It’s important that both vaccinated guests, and unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11, make every effort to get your pre-cruise test within the required timeframe. You must secure this test on your own, at your own expense. Without a negative pre-cruise test result, you will not be permitted to sail.

Unvaccinated Kids Without a Test

For unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11, the timeframe is especially important. The U.S. CDC requires that children get a test in one of the three days before boarding day, as well as taking the complimentary test on boarding day. The CDC also mandates that these two tests cannot happen on the same day, as that may affect the accuracy of the test samples. Therefore, unvaccinated children that show up without a pre-cruise test result taken within the required timeframe, will not be permitted to board, because they will not be able to complete the two tests at the last minute.

Vaccinated Guests Without a Test

Vaccinated guests only have to take the pre-cruise test, and they can do so no more than 2 days before boarding day, right up until the time they board. Vaccinated guests that have exhausted every option in trying to secure a pre-cruise test, can secure an antigen test performed by mobile providers outside the cruise terminal. However, availability is EXTREMELY LIMITED and by appointment only. The appointment must be scheduled in advance and we cannot guarantee any appointments will be available on a walk up basis. Pricing for this option starts at $99 USD, per person. Guests that are unable to secure a negative pre-cruise test result by this option or any other, will be denied boarding.

How to Schedule Pre-Cruise Testing Outside the Terminal

Vaccinated guests that need this option should schedule their testing appointment 30 minutes before their selected cruise check-in window. If your desired test time is unavailable, select a time closest after your cruise check-in window. Scheduling your test appointment much earlier than your cruise check-in window does not mean you will be permitted to check-in earlier than scheduled.

Results are delivered within 20 minutes via email. If a guest receives a positive result, they will not be permitted to enter the terminal or sail. 

To book an appointment for a pre-cruise test outside the terminal, please select the port where your cruise will be departing from.

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

But that is for arrival. Russ Lomas is asking about a test for disembarkation to fly home. 

Oops- yikes…clearly responded too late at night! They are offering PCR for Canadians to return. You make your appt at guest services and it’s done I believe second to last day of cruise 

Prior to Disembarking
For cruises that are 5 nights or longer, kids will take a complimentary antigen test onboard before the cruise ends. Vaccinated guests who require a COVID-19 test for re-entry into their country may receive one onboard as well. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish RCCL was more clear about this.  It seems to be lumped in with unvaccinated children. 

Does anybody know of a direct web link stating that RCCL will provide free onboard PCR testing for any guests requiring a PCR test to get back into their home country? 

Norwegian Cruise Line makes this very clear! 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/will-ncl-offer-testing-onboard-meet-travel-requirements-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg

29 minutes ago, pacey50 said:

I wish RCCL was more clear about this.  It seems to be lumped in with unvaccinated children. 

Does anybody know of a direct web link stating that RCCL will provide free onboard PCR testing for any guests requiring a PCR test to get back into their home country? 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/will-ncl-offer-testing-onboard-meet-travel-requirements-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg

What part of "Vaccinated guests who require a COVID-19 test for re-entry into their country may receive one onboard as well." is so confusing to you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacey50 said:

Agree...It's not written well.  I didn't initially see the part about getting a PCR test to return to your home country since it was lumped in with unvaccinated children section.  But it a separate item nothing to do with unvaccinated kids and seems we are good for now.

1 hour ago, pacey50 said:

How much clearer can they make it??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

That is what I was looking for.  Thanks.  I found that when I travelled with them in August and just wanted to ensure for my in-laws travelling in 20 days that they still offer that, otherwise, they would not be able to board their plane back to Canada since Canada requires a negative PCR test to re-enter the country.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pacey50 said:

The other thing that isn't clear is if a PCR test is offered(required for re-entry into Canada) and or if its complimentary.  PCR tests are a lot more expensive than the antigen test mentioned.

It is true that the wording on the RCCL document could definitely be clearer.  Now that someone above has provided me with the exact wording again on the current website, the wording on the document is actually the same as when we travelled in August with RCCL and received complimentary PCR tests at the end of our cruise conducted by RCCL, so I will assume as of yet, the same process is still occurring.

6 hours ago, jimdalva said:

We need tests as we disembark Oasis , because we embark on Independence the very next day!

Let Guest Services know early on in your cruise.  They will have you schedule for testing the last full day of your cruise.

• I believe there is rapid PCR testing now at the MIA airport so you could in get a test after getting to the airport, before you board your flight...as long as you have enough time before your flight departs.  Sounds like the rapid PCR test results are available within 60 minutes.