Conditional Sail Order - length of cruise

rcrdale

I know the CSO originally stated no cruises longer than 7 days.  We have a 12 night cruise coming up in December.  I know we are all patiently waiting to see what happens with the CSO in the next week.  

My question is, I have seen where some people have said the 7 day rule was taken out of the CSO.  I can’t find anything on that.   Is the CSO still limiting cruises to 7 days?

31 minutes ago, rcrdale said:

I know the CSO originally stated no cruises longer than 7 days.  We have a 12 night cruise coming up in December.  I know we are all patiently waiting to see what happens with the CSO in the next week.  

My question is, I have seen where some people have said the 7 day rule was taken out of the CSO.  I can’t find anything on that.   Is the CSO still limiting cruises to 7 days?

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

A 12 night cruise where? The CSO doesn't apply if the ship doesn't touch a US port. The CSO is still in effect for cruises touching US ports.

If I remember correctly, the Conditional Sail Order expired on/about November 1, 2020 and was replaced by a Framework for Conditional Sailing which allowed a phased-in return to cruising.

Last I heard, Florida sued the CDC and in one round won a preliminary injunction against the CDC imposing restrictions. Where that court battle currently is I do not know. However, I do remember that, throughout all this, cruise lines were able to seek exemptions from imposed itinerary time limits.

You could certainly contact some newspapers or TV channels in Swamplandia or search their archives online to find the official current status. But, IMO, I doubt your cruise will be cancelled for that particular issue.

1 hour ago, rcrdale said:

When Viking Ocean returned to US Waters this month, they started with a 15-day R/T, which sailed on Oct 20th.

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

A 12 night cruise where? The CSO doesn't apply if the ship doesn't touch a US port. The CSO is still in effect for cruises touching US ports.

December cruise on Anthem out of Bayonne.