CDC Extends CSO through Jan 15, 2022

Ken the cruiser

21 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

I did ask, since we will see him in under 2 months - he orders what he needs from Amazon.  Amazon is making a LOT of deliveries to the ships for the crew.  Those who don't have a credit card or debit card make arrangements with a friend who does.

thanks!

On 10/25/2021 at 6:56 PM, Algebralovr said:

I'd rather they stick with everyone who CAN be vaccinated should be so, but no medical exemption.  Only age exemption.  They only ever get a handful of littles on Celebrity, but the little under 5 are usually not an issue.  

How do you know they are not an issue health wise. Because you don't run into them?  Until children can e vaccinated, I don;t see why they are even let on the ship.  It's a risk to all passengers, including the little ones.

51 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

How do you know they are not an issue health wise. Because you don't run into them?  Until children can e vaccinated, I don;t see why they are even let on the ship.  It's a risk to all passengers, including the little ones.

For the younger children, those not yet old enough to be vaccinated, Royal and Celebrity require a Covid test 3 days before embarkation, then they do another PCR test at the dock itself.  They are VERY rigid with that rule.  It seems to do a good job keeping those who test positive off the ship.

They also require the children to wear a mask pretty much any time they are indoors, and they restrict dining to a specific area of the dining room, and only allow them in fixed dining.

Got a friend who took their 2 year old on a cruise in August on a Royal ship.  She said it was handled very professionally.   Kids that age typically catch and shake off everything, but if they are negative 3 days before AND at the pier?  The liklihood of them being positive later on is very, very low.