Question about laundry package & pressing package

cruise kitty

7 minutes ago, nesheiml said:

Can you request cold water wash and low heat dry?

here's what I did, delicate items, I put in a separate bag, marked what they were & wrote:  "please treat as silk" on the ticket,  everything came back fine  🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nesheiml said:

Can you request cold water wash and low heat dry?

I have requested cold wash and have never had any shrinkage. I'm not sure if I've put low heat but I'm sure it's possible.  HAL does an excellent job with laundry. Well worth the price (when we're not in a NS) to come home with a suitcase full of already laundered clothes!

On 11/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, Crew News said:

The cost is $7/day and must be purchased when you submit your first bag of laundry.  That translates to a 7-day cruise cost of $49 and a 14-day cruise cost of $98.  Note that you can submit laundry to your Room Steward before 9:00 AM and when the Room Stewards come back to work around dinner time.

Laundry normally cannot be submitted on the day before the cruise ends but it never hurts to ask your Room Steward if it is possible.

That's also the pricing we had on the Eurodam last month...$20 for a single bag or unlimited for $49 for the week (purchased on first time using laundry).

This was a great service and well worth the price.  I was able to use the gym a lot due to the cruise only being booked around 45% so had lots of gym clothes needing washing. 

We also usually received a little thank you note from the laundry team when the clothes came back...what a nice personalized touch.

The cost is $7/day and must be purchased when you submit your first bag of laundry.  That translates to a 7-day cruise cost of $49 and a 14-day cruise cost of $98.  Note that you can submit laundry to your Room Steward before 9:00 AM and when the Room Stewards come back to work around dinner time.

Laundry normally cannot be submitted on the day before the cruise ends but it never hurts to ask your Room Steward if it is possible.

That's also the pricing we had on the Eurodam last month...$20 for a single bag or unlimited for $49 for the week (purchased on first time using laundry).

This was a great service and well worth the price.  I was able to use the gym a lot due to the cruise only being booked around 45% so had lots of gym clothes needing washing. 

We also usually received a little thank you note from the laundry team when the clothes came back...what a nice personalized touch.

5 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

I like that little thank you note too.

Since we have started cruising on longer itineraries and use the laundry more than once, I have now started to bring note cards with me and I write a short note to the laundry team and include a tip when I send in my bag. 

The prices that are quoted above, is that laundry only or does it include steam/press only items also? 

16 minutes ago, what-a-life said:

The prices that are quoted above, is that laundry only or does it include steam/press only items also? 

Laundry only but everything is pressed before it is returned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Just to follow up, the laundry service was brilliant....everything came back looking pressed & ready to wear,  I was even able to send things out the last day, so traveled home with all clean clothing, & simply put things away....

this is absolutely one area where HAL outshines Celebrity!

So very true, Was on the Apex in October, and I sent the laundry back twice, they did such a poor job. I guess I thought it was going to come back looking the way Holland does it.