Question about laundry package & pressing package

cruise kitty

Hi all 🙂  I've pre-purchased the unlimited laundry package as well as the pressing package...  does this mean I can just mark the things in my laundry bag that I'd like to be pressed daily?   I plan on packing very lightly for this trip & will be sending out laundry daily...  or perhaps I should send out separate bags, one for use laundry (such as undergarments, swim suits) & a second bag for laundry + pressing.   

Any insights from those who have had both packages would be appreciated...  I've had the laundry package on HAL before, but not the pressing.

TIA 🙂

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi all 🙂  I've pre-purchased the unlimited laundry package as well as the pressing package...  does this mean I can just mark the things in my laundry bag that I'd like to be pressed daily?   I plan on packing very lightly for this trip & will be sending out laundry daily...  or perhaps I should send out separate bags, one for use laundry (such as undergarments, swim suits) & a second bag for laundry + pressing.   

Any insights from those who have had both packages would be appreciated...  I've had the laundry package on HAL before, but not the pressing.

TIA 🙂

My experience is that anything laundered is pretty much pressed.

The only thing we have sent out for “pressing only” (now wash/dry clean) is DH’s jacket.  I just marked pressing only and circled and in the comment section of the form marked “circled item - jacket - is for pressing only - thank you”.  I had no problem

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

TIA 🙂

Since there are duplicate items in the laundry and pressing columns of the Laundry List, I would send separate bags to not confuse the Laundry .  See list below:

Laundry List

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Since there are duplicate items in the laundry and pressing columns of the Laundry List, I would send separate bags to not confuse the Laundry .  See list below:

Laundry List

thank you, this is what I was wondering, will send underthings that don't need pressing in a separate bag 🙂

18 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

thank you, this is what I was wondering, will send underthings that don't need pressing in a separate bag 🙂

Just to be clear, all pieces of clothing, other than socks and undergarments, will be steam pressed.  This includes shirts, pants, pajamas, dresses, handkerchiefs, jackets, t-shirts, etc.  The photo below shows how they inflate garments and give them a shot of steam to remove any wrinkles.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam-behind-the-scenes/IMG_3214.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Just to be clear, all pieces of clothing, other than socks and undergarments, will be steam pressed.  This includes shirts, pants, pajamas, dresses, handkerchiefs, jackets, t-shirts, etc.  The photo below shows how they inflate garments and give them a shot of steam to remove any wrinkles.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam-behind-the-scenes/IMG_3214.jpg

Nice!  thank you 🙂

I would separate what I am sending out in different bags based on: to be washed, to be dry cleaned, or to be pressed only. 
Your laundry will be pressed, if appropriate, but outer wear does not have to be separated from underwear. 

• Like 2

You’ve already received great answers on your questions. I will just reaffirm your decision in purchasing the laundry package. I think it is one of the best deals on the ship! Each morning I fill out the form and pack the laundry bag with our clothes from the previous day. Everything comes back clean, pressed and folded nicely, with smaller items wrapped in tissue paper. It is so nice to come home with a suitcase full of mostly clean clothes!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Just to be clear:  we have purchased the laundry package, but not the pressing package.   Does this mean that my husband's dress shirts will not be pressed?  Do we need to request this separately?   Thank you

1 hour ago, grest said:
  • Just to be clear:  we have purchased the laundry package, but not the pressing package.   Does this mean that my husband's dress shirts will not be pressed?  Do we need to request this separately?   Thank you

Anything that is laundered will be pressed.  Some people say their underwear looks pressed when returned.  I believe the pressing is for items that are wrinkled only, so they press (or steam them rather) and there is no laundering involved.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I'm a HAL virgin, do you need to purchase the laundry package before you cruise?  or can you do it on the ship?

No.  Purchase with your first bag of laundry by checking the "Unlimited" block on the laundry list.  Note that with the exception of underwear, handkerchiefs, and socks, everything comes back pressed and on hangers (only time my pajamas ever see a hanger).

Laundry-List-pdf.jpg

Edited by Crew News

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 8:16 PM, Crew News said:

No.  Purchase with your first bag of laundry by checking the "Unlimited" block on the laundry list.  Note that with the exception of underwear, handkerchiefs, and socks, everything comes back pressed and on hangers (only time my pajamas ever see a hanger).

How much is the laundry bag price vs the unlimited laundry? 

6 hours ago, Crew News said:

$20 per bag.

7 minutes ago, Bethcb said:

I saw a post on FB that the bags are now $30. I will find out on December 1.  

for at least the last few years it has been $30 in Europe and $20 everywhere else. I think that is still correct.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cleckie said:

Can anyone tell me how much the  unlimited laundry package is?

The cost is $7/day and must be purchased when you submit your first bag of laundry.  That translates to a 7-day cruise cost of $49 and a 14-day cruise cost of $98.  Note that you can submit laundry to your Room Steward before 9:00 AM and when the Room Stewards come back to work around dinner time.

Laundry normally cannot be submitted on the day before the cruise ends but it never hurts to ask your Room Steward if it is possible.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up, the laundry service was brilliant....everything came back looking pressed & ready to wear,  I was even able to send things out the last day, so traveled home with all clean clothing, & simply put things away....

this is absolutely one area where HAL outshines Celebrity!