The retreat questions

Morecruises1

1 minute ago, Morecruises1 said:

How do I know if my tips are pre-paid.  Here is what my invoice says now

Cruise fare  $7###

Retreat NRD $-$750

CC Prev NRD $-280

20 PCTSAV NRD $-1400

Did you stay on the line and review this with the rep before ending the call?

• Thanks 1

We had this very same experience yesterday.  In fact I just posted about it, myself.  The combination of the marketing and the "Loyalty NRD" is downright deceptive.  It took a 90-minute phone call (mostly on hold) to get it straightened out.

We aren't the only ones who have been dealing with this, OP.  The supervisor I spoke to said she had talked to a number of folks this happened to.  Celebrity needs to get their stuff straightened out in a hurry.

3 hours ago, Morecruises1 said:

I booked the retreat for a Nov 14th sailing.  I thought it came with onboard credit and shore credit.  But when I called they say my booking doesn't include those things because I booked a promo price online?  How can I find out what package or perks I have for Drinks, wifi and credits?  I am really disappointed so far with Celebrity as it's our first booking with them.  When I log into the account via web or app I can't find anything.

why dont you cancel your online booking and call and book through a rep. 

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

stop being so logical

9 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

why dont you cancel your online booking and call and book through a rep. 

Well I would have to get a FCC and figure out how to deal with that and apply to new cruise as I'm within the 100% cancel penalty time.  Is that really worth the risk?  On hold now again over an hour so far.........

Edited by Morecruises1

@Morecruises1 If you have "Retreat NRD" on your booking, then the gratuities should be included.  You can check that on the website with the "manage my cruise" link and then clicking on "reservation details" under the stateroom information.  Under your dining seating time, there should be a "gratuities" item with an amount.  If the amount is blank, give it a day or so, and it should show up. 

That's what happened with my booking.  There was nothing next to "gratuities" this morning, but the OBC was there.  I just took a look, and I now have a dollar amount next to "gratuities."

I always check the offers from TAs to do a price comparison. While Celebrity charges the same , TAs frequently share their commissions with clients in the form of extra perks like gratuities or extra OBC. Sometimes they can place you in a group to achieve greater savings. Celebrity offers rarely come close to other TAs, but some prefer to have Celebrity control the booking. The smart consumer does their homework!

20 hours ago, Orator said:

I always check the offers from TAs to do a price comparison. While Celebrity charges the same , TAs frequently share their commissions with clients in the form of extra perks like gratuities or extra OBC. Sometimes they can place you in a group to achieve greater savings. Celebrity offers rarely come close to other TAs, but some prefer to have Celebrity control the booking. The smart consumer does their homework!

Yup!  This is what I do.  Usually get at least $250 to $500 per person onboard credit as well as the same (or slightly better) price on Celebrity's website.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, micmacmissy said:

Yup!  This is what I do.  Usually get at least $250 to $500 per person onboard credit as well as the same (or slightly better) price on Celebrity's website.

Wondering for a 14 day cruise, what do folks consider a generous/fair OBC/pp?

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Wondering for a 14 day cruise, what do folks consider a generous/fair OBC/pp?

It's generally based on cruise fare, not length of cruise.   I believe Celebrity limits the amount (percentage) that can be returned to the customer to 10% of cruise fare minus the NCCF (non refundable cruise fare).   This generally results in 8-9% of published cruise fare.   This is what I consistently get from my TA, who also provides good service.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Or if you enter a resident state.  They are offering resident discounts that do not come with the AI either!

After I had booked the Retreat with all the perks, I went online and did a mock booking which was now showing a Florida residency perk and the total   came out less. then I was paying.  I called Celebrity and they pretty much told me  to choose one or the other. not both.  , the residency discount pretty much equaled the cost of the All Inclusive promo.  I went with the promo. 

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's generally based on cruise fare, not length of cruise.   I believe Celebrity limits the amount (percentage) that can be returned to the customer to 10% of cruise fare minus the NCCF (non refundable cruise fare).   This generally results in 8-9% of published cruise fare.   This is what I consistently get from my TA, who also provides good service.

Apologies, I should have been more clear.  I am referring to the OBC direct from Celebrity, with no TA involved.  For example, I have 4 separate 12 days cruises and for each we get $400/pp OBC ($800 total)  for each segment.  I still have time to move to a TA but just wondering from your all experience, would there be a significant difference?

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Apologies, I should have been more clear.  I am referring to the OBC direct from Celebrity, with no TA involved.  For example, I have 4 separate 12 days cruises and for each we get $400/pp OBC ($800 total)  for each segment.  I still have time to move to a TA but just wondering from your all experience, would there be a significant difference?

You just might get more from a TA. Call several to find out. Say you have a reservation with Celebrity and ask what they would give if you transferred to their agency.

• Thanks 1

@LGW59 You can move the reservation you have made with Celebrity and keep all it's terms (price and perks) to a TA within 30 days of booking.   You will then get whatever else the TA is offering in addition to the $400 pp Retreat OBC you are getting from Celebrity.   Most additional OBC given by a TA is refundable which means if you don't use it by the end of the sailing it will be refunded by Celebrity to the credit card used when boarding.

This is the way I do most of my bookings.   I book what I want directly with Celebrity, get their guest invoice and verify it's all correct.  Then I email my TA with the reservation number and he takes care of it from there.  As I believe you are aware then all future servicing of the reservation must be done via the TA.

• Thanks 2

On 10/26/2021 at 11:58 AM, twins_to_alaska said:

Booking online you might have selected something with "Cruise-Only Rate".

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.55.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.58.36 AM.png

Unfortunately "sail only" rates show up for suites that you pick the room, not just guaranteed rates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, lovrccl said:

Yep this is what I discovered yesterday. There is now different pricing for retreat. Some of the pricing doesn't include any Perks. I talked to my TA yesterday and he wasn't aware of it either. So there is Retreat pricing with OBC, Drink, Tips, WiFi. There is also retreat pricing without. You have to read and understand what your invoices say and it's not clear! 

On 10/26/2021 at 11:03 AM, Morecruises1 said:

I am on the phone with them now and if you use your Captains Club# it can revert to a promo rate and you have NO perks at all.

I found this to be true.  I find it really silly but it is what it is.  Back to a TA for me. 

• Like 1