Another “LIVE from the Edge” thread??? Yes it is…….

mac_tlc

Dinner at Le Petite Chef last night was great! What an ingenious show, and the food was really good too! 

Another sea day today before we get to Roatan tomorrow. We were thinking of getting off just to roam the port area but can’t do that—- can only get off if on a Celebrity excursion. Oh well, looks like the Solarium for us. 

332A2D52-0C7D-462E-9F4A-B8B4F01FB09E.jpeg

The “undecorating” gremlins were busy last night. Not a trace of Halloween today.  It a pumpkin 🎃 to be found .

Here is an “after” and “before” picture of the Grand Plaza. 

November 1, 2021

688E5533-DAE9-420B-9B7C-4550D9CF9FA2.jpeg

October 31, 2021

9F305A67-498F-4B9C-99D0-27382FB09498.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

Mac_tlc:

Did you get to attend the Halloween costume parade? My husband and I were on line planning to parade around and when the started the event they were interviewing and asking questions about the costumes and we didn't want to wait around for ever so we just left the whole party at the Grand Plaza. 

To everyone else there was some pretty amazing costumes that obviously had to be in their own pieces of luggage due to the elaborate nature of many of the costumes. To be honest this was the first time during this cruise that it felt like a pre pandemic sailing;the Grand Plaza was filled with people and was easily the only place in the first two days that had actual crowds of people. Everyone in costumes were in a great mood and it was fun to dress up. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Mac_tlc:

Did you get to attend the Halloween costume parade? My husband and I were on line planning to parade around and when the started the event they were interviewing and asking questions about the costumes and we didn't want to wait around for ever so we just left the whole party at the Grand Plaza. 

To everyone else there was some pretty amazing costumes that obviously had to be in their own pieces of luggage due to the elaborate nature of many of the costumes. To be honest this was the first time during this cruise that it felt like a pre pandemic sailing;the Grand Plaza was filled with people and was easily the only place in the first two days that had actual crowds of people. Everyone in costumes were in a great mood and it was fun to dress up. 

We were there for a little while, but if you didn’t get a close-up seat, it was tough to see  anything. I agree it was pre-pandemic crowded. We left early. I wish they left a few pumpkins up !

As I type this I am sitting in Cafe al Bacio, and it’s a more manageable crowd 😜.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

Hi mac_tic,

Appreciate your continued posting and photos.

Le Petite Chef interests me - we are considering it.

Continuing to enjoy Luminae?  Is it closed on port days for lunch?  What other food venues are you doing?  Eden for lunch intrigues me.  Are you considering it?

Thanks.  Continue to enjoy.

4 hours ago, Suzyq99 said:

Hello, enjoying your live tour.  How many passengers are on the ship?  We are boarding Saturday for a b2b.  Thank you for all the info.

According to the Captain yesterday, we have 936 on board. 

mac_tlc

28 minutes ago, Marion B said:

Hi mac_tic,

Appreciate your continued posting and photos.

Le Petite Chef interests me - we are considering it.

Continuing to enjoy Luminae?  Is it closed on port days for lunch?  What other food venues are you doing?  Eden for lunch intrigues me.  Are you considering it?

Thanks.  Continue to enjoy.

Today is our first port day, Roatan. Right now it looks cloudy with some rain. We are staying onboard today and visiting the Solarium. No Luminae for lunch on port days. Here are the offerings:

7FF272C3-3565-4299-8B70-583FC215AE4F.jpeg

We did Petit Chef and that will probably be our only specialty restaurant this trip. We will do Eden on Apex in January. We like Lumimae as much for the smaller size as anything. We have Jose as our waiter— this is our third cruise with him. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marion B said:

Eden for lunch intrigues me.

Eden for lunch is great if you're OK with a limited menu. You can get freshly made salads (either several combinations or choose your own ingredients), paninis, a very tasty roast beef sandwich, and sides such as potato salad and potato chips. The real highlight is dessert which is a choice of brownies or a chocolate chip and nuts cookie, neither of which are available anywhere else on the ship. This is the extent of the available items for lunch. The Eden Cafe is available for lunch every day except embarkation day. Breakfast at Eden is only available on sea days. 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2021 at 3:22 PM, ejnsb said:

Thanks for doing this.  We are four weeks out.  Wondering if you saw any discount offers for first night specialty restaurants.

Specialty restaurants were 50% off on the first night.

At that price they filled up quickly.

• Like 2

I thought I would get through one cruise without visiting the future cruise folks, but it is not to be!!!! Celebrity’s new promo has me leaning towards booking one of the partial canal transit cruises on the Edge in 2023. I now have an appointment for tomorrow night in the Retreat Lounge.

Oh well, can’t take it with you!!!

mac_tlc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Today is our first port day, Roatan. Right now it looks cloudy with some rain. We are staying onboard today and visiting the Solarium. No Luminae for lunch on port days. Here are the offerings:

When we sailed on Edge pre-COVID they served lunch on the Retreat Sundeck.  Was nice to sit in the shade near the bar and have lunch and a cool refreshing adult beverage or three. 

Have they stopped doing lunch in port at the retreat Sundeck?

5 hours ago, Against Irrational People said:

Any chance you can post the results of an internet speed test from Speedtest.net from the Edge? 

I have surf and stream and have not been able to successfully do a Speedtest. 

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

When we sailed on Edge pre-COVID they served lunch on the Retreat Sundeck.  Was nice to sit in the shade near the bar and have lunch and a cool refreshing adult beverage or three. 

Have they stopped doing lunch in port at the retreat Sundeck?

We had lunch there yesterday while docked at Roatan. Here is the menu:

965BF4B8-74E7-4879-823F-B21C64D84DB7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 10:21 AM, KKB said:

We sailed the Edge the last week of July & 1st week of August. We never needed reservations at any MDR.

Same here.  Sailed in an S2 (2X) on the EDGE in July and August.  Never needed reservations at any MDR (which were all quite good).

On 10/31/2021 at 9:13 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Actually, if you're in a suite, you can eat anywhere you please.  Simply arrange it with the maitre d'.

Actually didn’t even have to arrange anything to dine in the MDRs.  I just showed up and they seated me.

1 hour ago, Corgidawgga said:

We are boarding on Nov. 14th.   Enjoying the live reviews.    Where did you find the specialty dining discounts on the first day?   

They were pushing them inside and outside of the buffet during and after lunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserRob said:

They were pushing them inside and outside of the buffet during and after lunch.

I would say that's one of the few negative things that occurred. The selling on embarkation day was annoying and bordered on pushy badgering. 

One other few negative employee encounters was a server in one of the main restaurants told my mother she should use here cell phone to take a picture of his name so she can give him a 10 rating and write his name. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I would say that's one of the few negative things that occurred. The selling on embarkation day was annoying and bordered on pushy badgering. 

One other few negative employee encounters was a server in one of the main restaurants told my mother she should use here cell phone to take a picture of his name so she can give him a 10 rating and write his name. 

True. I think I was pitched on the wine tasting before my order was taken at first lunch.

Also, I think the line should be more transparent about the value of these "10" ratings. Are crew members being penalized for anything less than 10's? Let's face it, crew members that really deserve a 10, should never have to ask for it.