Is there a standard time that check-in opens?

rm1247

16 minutes ago, rockmom said:

When I look at all 4 of my upcoming cruises in the app, each one tells me when the check-in opens. And all 4 of them are 45 days before sailing.  You should be able to see your check-in date by going to the app and clicking on the person icon.  That shows your stateroom, and check-in date.  

I can't get past selecting the cruise.  There is no person icon. 

12331.jpg

Edited by handbellplayer

36 minutes ago, rockmom said:

And you can't tap on your sailing to take you to the full page for that? 

That is the full page - until RCI makes the sailing available in the app (usually about 90 days out but like in this case, closer in sometimes) the display you see is what you get.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That is the full page - until RCI makes the sailing available in the app (usually about 90 days out but like in this case, closer in sometimes) the display you see is what you get.

I can actually tap on each of my cruises (4 for next year, the last one in September) and it bring up all my info, things I've booked, etc.  Ships are Navigator, Odyssey and Symphony.  

24 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I can actually tap on each of my cruises (4 for next year, the last one in September) and it bring up all my info, things I've booked, etc.  Ships are Navigator, Odyssey and Symphony.  

Check with others on the Roll Call thread for your sailing to confirm it's not just you. It is likely to do with Harmony's repo to the US.

I was going back and forth with someone in a FB group about this, I too, don't see the check-in date after I click the little person in the app (we sail 12/29).  One conclusion was that I have an Android phone and maybe the check-in date only showed up on iPhones?  I'm doing the math for 45 days out and going from there...

1 minute ago, CruiseMelissa said:

I was going back and forth with someone in a FB group about this, I too, don't see the check-in date after I click the little person in the app (we sail 12/29).  One conclusion was that I have an Android phone and maybe the check-in date only showed up on iPhones?  

Some of this may depend on the ship and sailing date. The check in date should show up in both versions of the app. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall?

I have an Android phone, and as I mentioned before, I can see my four upcoming cruises.  Another thing is that we just bailed out on our Harmony sailing for Jan 2nd due to the death of one of the people in our group.  But I was also able to see all the info for that one as well--port stops, check-in date, excursions we had purchased.  

Here's what I can see for my June sailing on Odyssey.  I will say that everyone once in a while, I will uninstall and reinstall the app because the updates don't always seem to keep the sailings current.

Odyssey.jpg

38 minutes ago, CruiseMelissa said:

I was going back and forth with someone in a FB group about this, I too, don't see the check-in date after I click the little person in the app (we sail 12/29).  One conclusion was that I have an Android phone and maybe the check-in date only showed up on iPhones?  I'm doing the math for 45 days out and going from there...

I get the date on my Samsung android.

27 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I have an Android phone, and as I mentioned before, I can see my four upcoming cruises.  

Here's what I can see for my June sailing on Odyssey. 

Odyssey.jpg

This is what I see on iPhone as well.

Person icon has a line over it,  top right area of screen.

Probably has a proper geek name, but who knows. 

I think people are missing seeing the Person icon, and clicking on Check-in icon along the bottom of the itinerary page  instead, that's where is says "working on the fun" or something like that. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Some of this may depend on the ship and sailing date. The check in date should show up in both versions of the app. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall?

Great news!  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (iPhone) and all is good.  My check-in shows as 12/2.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Great news!  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (iPhone) and all is good.  My check-in shows as 12/2.

I have found the app to be a little wonky,. I was in tech so I have no patience for websites and apps having issues.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Just did,  no luck... this is what it looks like in my app, it just skips that box with the check-in date others seem to have!

1174326869_Screenshot_20211101-150200_Royal2.thumb.jpg.0b6b1274d669fa1dd6f1292355abd8e9.jpg

On 10/31/2021 at 9:42 PM, rockmom said:

You should be able to see your check-in date by going to the app and clicking on the person icon.  That shows your stateroom, and check-in date. 

Are you using an apple device by any chance? Neither of my android devices show a check-in date on that screen. Cabin and muster station, but no check-in date.

Edit: I show same as CruiseMelissa above

Edited by RedIguana
added info

4 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Are you using an apple device by any chance? Neither of my android devices show a check-in date on that screen. Cabin and muster station, but no check-in date.

Nope, Android--a Galaxy S21+    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?  That seems to have worked to fix the issue for a lot of people.  

5 hours ago, RedIguana said:

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

Nope, Android--a Galaxy S21+    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?  That seems to have worked to fix the issue for a lot of people.  

I could see my check in date until the latest version of the app downloaded last night.

16 hours ago, rockmom said:

S20 FE. I tried uninstall and reinstall on tablet, same result. I am beginning to wonder if it has to due with ship and/or sailing.