???'s-using OBC for excursions, cab cost and size ,what night is Polynesian night, Huahine kid's show etc.

Dunner

1. On the P.G. site it says you can't book shore excursions until 30 days before departure. Can i use my OBC at that time or-- if not--- could I pay then cancel on board and rebook with the credits? 

2. a) Cost of cab in total (return) to go from the IC Tahiti to the food trucks at the dock? 6 people

b) Approx. Cost of cab to go from the Fare Suisse hotel to the IC Tahiti? Can you fit 6 people/luggage?

c) Cost of cab to go from the I.C. Tahiti to the airport? Can you fit 6 people/luggage?

3. On the 10 day Society/Tuamotus sailing what night/time is the Polynesian Night Activities? Are there any other special/theme nights?

4. On Moorea and Bora Bora I would love to rent a car and stop by the hotels and take a quick look at the grounds/beach area --would that be allowed? Don't want a day pass--just about 10 minutes. 

5. Huahine- read a post about Children from the island putting on a show at 4pm???  Is this something not to be missed ---or is it ---well---cute but if you see it you see it don't kill yourself to get back for it??

6. Where can I find a list of the daily activities on the 10 day Soc/Tuo sailing? i never get a chance to look when I am on the ship, but I would look ahead of time.

8. On cruise critic I can't seem to find where I would type in a topic question --that may have been asked in the past on the forum-- to see other people's responses instead of starting a new topic or spending so much time looking back through all the pages of posts  ex. your must do excursions in Bora bora?

8. I use the Search box on the right hand side of the blue bar at the top of the page(I'm looking at it on a PC). You need to select the scope of your search(where to search in the vast CC forums). I always select "This Forum" to limit my search results. Go to the Pacific Islands forum and search there. There is a lot of great info there with Petoonya and TBK both having a lot of experience in FP and they are always so willing to answer questions and make recommendations. 

1. On the P.G. site it says you can't book shore excursions until 30 days before departure. Can i use my OBC at that time or-- if not--- could I pay then cancel on board and rebook with the credits? You won't be billed for the ship excursions until the end of the cruise.

2. a) Cost of cab in total (return) to go from the IC Tahiti to the food trucks at the dock? 6 people Figure $75-$90 R/T for 6. Make sure you request a 6 passenger cab.

b) Approx. Cost of cab to go from the Fare Suisse hotel to the IC Tahiti? Can you fit 6 people/luggage?  Figure $40 - $50 each way. Make sure you request a van that can take 6 + bags.

c) Cost of cab to go from the I.C. Tahiti to the airport? Can you fit 6 people/luggage? Figure $30 - $40 if during day light. Make sure you request a van that can take 6 + bags.

3. On the 10 day Society/Tuamotus sailing what night/time is the Polynesian Night Activities? Are there any other special/theme nights? I'll tell you after I've been there after covid  ... in a few months 😉

4. On Moorea and Bora Bora I would love to rent a car and stop by the hotels and take a quick look at the grounds/beach area --would that be allowed? Don't want a day pass--just about 10 minutes. Moorea is much easier for this ... most of the nice places on Bora Bora are on motus and you can't just take the boat without being a guest or you purchase a day pass.

5. Huahine- read a post about Children from the island putting on a show at 4pm???  Is this something not to be missed ---or is it ---well---cute but if you see it you see it don't kill yourself to get back for it?? Kid's show is only when your on Huahine on a Sunday  ... and with covid who knows what the current situation is. It is cute but fun ...

6. Where can I find a list of the daily activities on the 10 day Soc/Tuo sailing? i never get a chance to look when I am on the ship, but I would look ahead of time. Currently it may be different than lets say months down the road. There is no posted activities until your on-board and that may change between sailings. I have daily printouts from past cruises but it may be different now.

8. On cruise critic I can't seem to find where I would type in a topic question --that may have been asked in the past on the forum-- to see other people's responses instead of starting a new topic or spending so much time looking back through all the pages of posts  ex. your must do excursions in Bora bora? Already answered by someone else

Knowing the day is very helpful.  I am trying to plan my day's activities --do you remember the--- time frame---- for when all of the flowers are laid out in the hall to make your head pieces? Now that I know which day I want to make sure I don't miss that part of it.🌺🌼

It’s right before doors open for dinner at l’etoile… can’t remember if 6 or 630…. They set up earlier but discourage passengers from plopping down before the scheduled time.  I love making a lei from the beautiful carpet of flowers and, generally one of the women have gifted me a flower bracelet, lei and once (be still my heart) a glorious crown. People just walking by to dinner are oftentimes offered something. 

Also, keep an eye on the daily schedule for crafts classes offered by the Gauguines… enjoy making woven things, hand dyed pareo, shell jewelry. Classes are low key and it is interesting to get to know the Gauguines a bit.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:50 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

#4.  We've had rental cars before on Moorea and there's no problem going into the hotels--after all, they hope you'll stay and spend some money.  Getting a car that fits 6 people, "iffy".

On Moorea, we've often rented a car. We make our reservation in advance. We haven't seen a car big enough for 6, and if you can't drive a standard, you need to tell the rental agency in advance, since automatics are harder to find.

Limited automatics is a very important piece of info. I wouldn't even have thought about that. Both my husband and I can drive a standard, but I know there are lots of people that can't. Your post should be beneficial to many--THANKS