Lotus Spa Enclave day pass?

minnesotasisu

We have sailed with Princess on a couple of cruise and we are scheduled on a 10 day cruise with them again on the Enchanted Princess in Feb 2022. When we have taken tours of the Lotus Spa Enclave area on embarkation day the area looks like an awesome place to indulge oneself, however they have told us that we have to buy a pass for the whole cruise, which in this case would be $199 per person or $309 for a couple. The crew told me that they only have a very limited number of passes available which seemed strange to have such and expensive area reserved for such a few guests.

Has anyone been able to talk them into a day pass? I would like to try it out on a cruise but I just don't think we would find the time to use it more than once.

It’s extremely rare for them to offer a day pass. I have seen it happen on two different cruises, but that is just two cruises out of many. The reason they limit the passes is to keep it an exclusive, serene environment. You don’t want to pay several hundred dollars to be crammed in with a bunch of other people. I do highly recommend the experience.

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

1 hour ago, minnesotasisu said:

We have sailed with Princess on a couple of cruise and we are scheduled on a 10 day cruise with them again on the Enchanted Princess in Feb 2022. When we have taken tours of the Lotus Spa Enclave area on embarkation day the area looks like an awesome place to indulge oneself, however they have told us that we have to buy a pass for the whole cruise, which in this case would be $199 per person or $309 for a couple. The crew told me that they only have a very limited number of passes available which seemed strange to have such and expensive area reserved for such a few guests.

Has anyone been able to talk them into a day pass? I would like to try it out on a cruise but I just don't think we would find the time to use it more than once.

One suggestion is to book a spa treatment because you’re supposed to get access on the same day you’ve had a spa treatment 

Compared to the other spa services, I thought the entire cruise length pass for the Enclave was actually reasonably priced. You can spend more money on a single massage.

I recommend it too, the powerful jets in the large pool are probably as therapeutic as a massage. My only complaint was one of the hotter steam rooms broke down during our cruise, and stopped being as hot as it should have been. Let them know about any malfunctions if they happen, they may actually reimburse you in spa services or products if it happens. When I informed them, they gave me some spa facial products worth about $75.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 6:07 PM, minnesotasisu said:

I feel the same. I would like to use the spa but only want to do so once or twice.

On 10/31/2021 at 7:08 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

It’s extremely rare for them to offer a day pass. I have seen it happen on two different cruises, but that is just two cruises out of many. The reason they limit the passes is to keep it an exclusive, serene environment. You don’t want to pay several hundred dollars to be crammed in with a bunch of other people. I do highly recommend the experience.

Agreed that limiting the number of guests keeps it exclusive. But it doesn't make sense that numbers can't be limited via day passes, why does it need to be a pass for the whole length of a cruise? Who needs that when there are ports to visit and the whole ship to spend time in?

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 1:39 PM, jimbo1683 said:

I feel the same. I would like to use the spa but only want to do so once or twice.

Agreed that limiting the number of guests keeps it exclusive. But it doesn't make sense that numbers can't be limited via day passes, why does it need to be a pass for the whole length of a cruise? Who needs that when there are ports to visit and the whole ship to spend time in?

I’d guess it’s money driven, but you may be on to something because, if I remember correctly, the day pass was $75, whereas the weeklong pass was $199. Princess would end up possibly making more money by selling day passes versus the entire cruise. I totally agree that doing day passes would be a better experience for many of us who are so busy onboard.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ghgeckos said:

I decided to pull the trigger and book the spa pass for my April cruise along the coast of California. The idea of limited numbers of people in the area appeals to me.

Right. And? Did you book a day pass?

On 10/31/2021 at 12:30 PM, Lizabu said:

One suggestion is to book a spa treatment because you’re supposed to get access on the same day you’ve had a spa treatment 

I was just on the Majestic and I asked if the Enclave is included with spa treatments and they said no, which is weird because every spa anywhere includes their facilities with a spa treatment.  I did book the week and I had to figure out when each day to fit this in, which I usually budgeted an hour.  One of our port days, I just didn't have time.  I love the Enclave but it was hard to get myself to do it, I had to force myself each day reminding myself that I paid for it.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:45 AM, freecruiser2 said:

I was just on the Majestic and I asked if the Enclave is included with spa treatments and they said no, which is weird because every spa anywhere includes their facilities with a spa treatment.  I did book the week and I had to figure out when each day to fit this in, which I usually budgeted an hour.  One of our port days, I just didn't have time.  I love the Enclave but it was hard to get myself to do it, I had to force myself each day reminding myself that I paid for it.

That’s been an interesting one because I’ve seen it included on some Royal class sailings and not on others. 

We paid for the full week on our last cruise and we both thought it was worth it. The thallassotherapy pool (I don't think that's spelled right) alone made it worth it for me. Hubby liked the steam rooms and different shower experiences. I also made use of the shower in the change room, though that may not be available right now. We spent time there almost every day.

As a redhead (currently undergoing pre-cancer treatment on my arms), the ability to enjoy a pool-like setting without the worry of more sun damage makes this a no-brainer for me.

Be aware if you book the full week pass on the ship it is more expensive then booking it online in advance.  For 7 days it is 139 in advance, but jumps to about 179 on the ship.  Same with services.   Learned this on my last majestic cruise when I decided to wait to book a massage.

Edited by mina

21 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

We paid for the full week on our last cruise and we both thought it was worth it. The thallassotherapy pool (I don't think that's spelled right) alone made it worth it for me. Hubby liked the steam rooms and different shower experiences. I also made use of the shower in the change room, though that may not be available right now. We spent time there almost every day.

As a redhead (currently undergoing pre-cancer treatment on my arms), the ability to enjoy a pool-like setting without the worry of more sun damage makes this a no-brainer for me.

PurpleHays, is the thallassotherapy pool warm, or hot?  I prefer as warm as possible, and also the steam and sauna rooms.  Will be onboard the Regal in two weeks and trying to decide if it is worth the $99 week pass.

3 hours ago, Guardsy said:

PurpleHays, is the thallassotherapy pool warm, or hot?  I prefer as warm as possible, and also the steam and sauna rooms.  Will be onboard the Regal in two weeks and trying to decide if it is worth the $99 week pass.

It is warm and worth $99.