Panorama Propulsion Issue, yes or no?!

klfhngr

We just got off of the Panorama on Saturday. Almost all of the employees that we asked said that they were unaware of a propulsion issue! They also stated that if there was an issue, that they would've been told about it! 

Go figure! I'm wondering if they used this as an excuse to modify the itinerary? It really sucks to go to Cabo for such a short period of time, nothing is open at 6:30 AM!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Yeah, the short day in Cabo does suck. I'm not surprised that the crew doesn't know about it since the only manifestation of it is the short port day - no issues noticed at all while cruising.

there is a crew member that uploads 4-5 youtube videos a week who is on Panorama. He is very connected to 'The Real World' I dont know how that kind of info doesn't get spread around all the crew.

22 minutes ago, Caribbean Drifters said:

there is a crew member that uploads 4-5 youtube videos a week who is on Panorama. He is very connected to 'The Real World' I dont know how that kind of info doesn't get spread around all the crew.

Yes, I've seen Cary's videos. He has also mentioned that someone higher up in Carnival is watching his videos, so I'm not surprised that he wouldn't mention a propulsion problem (if he even knows about it). Like I said, there are seemingly no issues while cruising on the sea, but the reason the ports were reversed in the first place was due to this issue, and the ports are still reversed. Also, return to port time has been scheduled for 9:00am most debark days - and we all know that 7:00am is more normal.

When I signed up for my check-in time for my 11/20 cruise, I chose 12:00-12:30. We don't really feel the need to be the first on the ship, and in September when we chose 11:00 we were about an hour getting on the ship.

After signing up, and reading others experience on the roll call and facebook page, it appears that noon is the earliest check-in time available (A01). This would lead me to believe that the propulsion issue is still alive and kicking, since most other cruises start check-in at 10:30 or so. I have no idea what their arrival back to port time is, but it must be later than normal.

6 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

When I signed up for my check-in time for my 11/20 cruise, I chose 12:00-12:30. We don't really feel the need to be the first on the ship, and in September when we chose 11:00 we were about an hour getting on the ship.

After signing up, and reading others experience on the roll call and facebook page, it appears that noon is the earliest check-in time available (A01). This would lead me to believe that the propulsion issue is still alive and kicking, since most other cruises start check-in at 10:30 or so. I have no idea what their arrival back to port time is, but it must be later than normal.

Approx. 9 am or so a couple of weeks ago for us.

Also, if you want to be part of an early embarkation group, some guy posted a YouTube video on how to be part of an early group, it really works!

Edited by klfhngr
  • Like 1

I too was on this cruise. I way aware of the Propulsion problem for awhile now. People on this board have been talking about how long it takes to get off. 

Not a big deal to us as we never left the ship in Cabo. Been there a lot.

But getting off the ship was a real joke. Even though we docked by 7:30ish they would not allowed anybody off the ship till around 9ish.

So happy that we change our flight time to 2:30 instead of 11:50. As we did not get off the ship till about 10:30am. And the lines in the terminal took forever.  Usually on other cruises we dock by 7AM and carry off people with there own bags are off and gone by 8ish. I have always been able to make a 11ish flight.

Not sure if the Propulsion problem was the issues or Homeland Security holding up things.

Or issues in the Terminal that can't handle all these people getting off the ship.

Other than that. We had a very nice time in the Havana Suites. And I found the crew very friendly and the ship very clean.

• Like 1

Is the face recognition set up yet in Long Beach for customs? John Heald said it was supposed to installed starting November and that would make disembarkation much quicker. I was on the Majestic Princess in late October, doing the same itinerary as the Panorama, and we had a full 11 am-7 pm day in Cabo, so it would seem the Panorama either has a propulsion system, wants to go slower to save fuel costs, or wants to avoid port/excursion overcrowding by avoiding other ships (the Norwegian Bliss is also starting up the same itinerary now, along with HAL ones from San Diego). Maybe customs is short staffed and needs to finish in San Pedro before going to Long Beach on Saturday? 

38 minutes ago, rj59 said:

Is the face recognition set up yet in Long Beach for customs? John Heald said it was supposed to installed starting November and that would make disembarkation much quicker. I was on the Majestic Princess in late October, doing the same itinerary as the Panorama, and we had a full 11 am-7 pm day in Cabo, so it would seem the Panorama either has a propulsion system, wants to go slower to save fuel costs, or wants to avoid port/excursion overcrowding by avoiding other ships (the Norwegian Bliss is also starting up the same itinerary now, along with HAL ones from San Diego). Maybe customs is short staffed and needs to finish in San Pedro before going to Long Beach on Saturday? 

Yes.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, johnlcruise said:

I too was on this cruise. I way aware of the Propulsion problem for awhile now. People on this board have been talking about how long it takes to get off. 

Not a big deal to us as we never left the ship in Cabo. Been there a lot.

But getting off the ship was a real joke. Even though we docked by 7:30ish they would not allowed anybody off the ship till around 9ish.

So happy that we change our flight time to 2:30 instead of 11:50. As we did not get off the ship till about 10:30am. And the lines in the terminal took forever.  Usually on other cruises we dock by 7AM and carry off people with there own bags are off and gone by 8ish. I have always been able to make a 11ish flight.

Not sure if the Propulsion problem was the issues or Homeland Security holding up things.

Or issues in the Terminal that can't handle all these people getting off the ship.

Other than that. We had a very nice time in the Havana Suites. And I found the crew very friendly and the ship very clean.

I am overnighting on my return at LAX as Alaska changed my flight to an earlier one or the option of a late flight. I have a free night at a Hampton Inn so I booked it 

On 11/2/2021 at 3:44 PM, klfhngr said:

We just got off of the Panorama on Saturday. Almost all of the employees that we asked said that they were unaware of a propulsion issue! They also stated that if there was an issue, that they would've been told about it! 

Go figure! I'm wondering if they used this as an excuse to modify the itinerary? It really sucks to go to Cabo for such a short period of time, nothing is open at 6:30 AM!!!

I enjoyed the Tropical also! Looking forward to the Panorama.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 5:07 AM, DAllenTCY said:

I couldn't help but noticing that even thought the Panorama was along side the dock at 7:30 am on my voyage...no longshoremen were there to tie up the lines until 8 am.

David

They fly in the Longshoremen so there is a delay🤣