Apex Craft Social Beers

KruznKimmie

7 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

Do they serve snacks yet at Craft Social on Apex?

Last time I was on the ship, they told me no snacks but on the app, there was a snack menu like kobe sliders, glazed wings, truffle fries, etc

No snacks offered.

13 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

Last time I was on the ship, they told me no snacks but on the app, there was a snack menu like kobe sliders, glazed wings, truffle fries, etc

Equinox offered these at a price on my cruise this last August…all very good…

7 hours ago, ETHTrader said:

Greetings

They had the food menu on the 24 Oct sailing.  The items are not free, everything was an upcharge.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KruznKimmie said:

Attached is the beer list for Craft Social.  There were a few solid choices to include  the La Fin Du Monde Tripel.

2A6B494F-C2BD-45AF-A073-23CC65CE3FD2.jpeg

Thanks for the Beer menu. Can't wait to try a number of these at the Craft Social on the Silhouette in December. (Assuming they'll have the same selection 🙂)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

They had the food menu on the 24 Oct sailing.  The items are not free, everything was an upcharge.

Good Sailing

Tom

Great to hear. I would have spent far more time at Craft Social if food was served but they didn't back in Sept. I will be back on the ship next week so it looks like I will be spending some quality time at Craft Social. 😎

Thanks for that list. Sailing on Royal Oddysey now. Not nearly that selection in craft beers. I like to  try new beers. Only 1 on the Odyssey that was new to me- Tiger , I recall available in Playmakers. We are looking at Celebrity, Princess & /or Virgin for a future cruise   You just scored points for Celebrity. 

• Like 1

Thanks for providing the list.  One of my favourite beers is Due South Caramel Cream Ale, only available in Florida (I am from Canada) and was on tap in the District Brew House aboard the NCL Escape.  I was hoping it might have been available at Craft Social when we sail Apex next week.

It looks like I will need to find it in a local bar in Florida when we are there the day before we sail.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, jy_cruisefan said:

Thanks for the Beer menu. Can't wait to try a number of these at the Craft Social on the Silhouette in December. (Assuming they'll have the same selection 🙂)

On my last 4 celebrity cruises there have been woeful shortages of craft beer. I think they produce the list as wishful thinking and then only stock popular beers. It is also left to the judgement of each bartender what they carry up from the main store and they often don't bother carrying up the less popular ones and then say there isn't any when you ask for ones on the list. On occasion I have complained to the beverage manager who then ensures availability for at least the next day.  I find it intensely annoying. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 9:34 PM, Definitas said:

On my last 4 celebrity cruises there have been woeful shortages of craft beer. I think they produce the list as wishful thinking and then only stock popular beers. It is also left to the judgement of each bartender what they carry up from the main store and they often don't bother carrying up the less popular ones and then say there isn't any when you ask for ones on the list. On occasion I have complained to the beverage manager who then ensures availability for at least the next day.  I find it intensely annoying. 

Good to know. Thanks

On 11/2/2021 at 9:30 PM, KruznKimmie said:

Attached is the beer list for Craft Social.  There were a few solid choices to include  the La Fin Du Monde Tripel.

I've had my fair share of Fin Du Monde in my younger years. I would classify it more as a 5 course meal than a beer.  😄 😄😄 😄

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

I've had my fair share of Fin Du Monde in my younger years. I would classify it more as a 5 course meal than a beer.  😄 😄😄 😄

Also they had some reserve beers that were quite good.  The Belgium blue label Chimay Grande Reserve was very good.  The price on ship was $27/bottle then got home & found the same bottle at Costco for $12 this week so of course we had to stock up to remind of us our amazing trip on the Apex.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:26 PM, FlatFooted Freda said:

Thanks for that list. Sailing on Royal Oddysey now. Not nearly that selection in craft beers. I like to  try new beers. Only 1 on the Odyssey that was new to me- Tiger , I recall available in Playmakers. We are looking at Celebrity, Princess & /or Virgin for a future cruise   You just scored points for Celebrity. 

Best ships for beer selection are the Breakaway Plus Class ships of NCL.  (Escape, Bliss, Encore, etc) They usually have over 80 varieties between draft, bottled and canned.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, Definitas said:

Yes, the same thing has happened with me on a number of different celebrity cruises and like you I found it extremely annoying.

I must say though, on a couple of occasions they actually went off for a while and returned a couple of bottles of my requested beer, which was good. 

4 hours ago, Viveash said:

Yes, the same thing has happened with me on a number of different celebrity cruises and like you I found it extremely annoying.

I must say though, on a couple of occasions they actually went off for a while and returned a couple of bottles of my requested beer, which was good. 

We had the same experience on two Silhouette sailings this summer, very poor selection actually available to drink 😞

Two main draft selections @ Craft Social this week on the Apex are Heineken and Newcastle. Everything else offered in a bottle.

Cool thing about the draft beers on the ship are not the beer itself but the keg system they use. They have these glasses with holes in the bottom and the beer is filled from the bottom of the glass to the top (and as result, no foam). And then the bottom is closed out with a round magnet that sticks to the cup. Cool thing to watch every time they serve it to a customer.

• Like 1

I was on a Ireland & Iceland cruise a couple of years ago.

On 2nd day they ran out of cans of Guinness.

Can you believe it the ship sailed from Dublin and they had no Guinness!!!

They had bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra ,,7.5 strength,,,you could eat it with a fork😏

Even the Irish on board couldn’t drink it,,,one guy even tried it watered down.

JC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1