"Total Cruiseflex" disaster

bones774

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

This is not correct.  You call, say that you want to TRANSFER your current booking to another one.  For example your booking #001 for 12 December on the Divina to the Meraviglia on 07 April (all info made up of course).  They open up the new booking but USE THE #001 booking number.  Funds are transferred forward.  Sometimes perks, too, but not always.  Your new cruise booking # is #001.

the MINUTE a new booking # is established on that 2nd cruise, (#002), you lose.  That's a new booking.

I asked for a transfer, as for all the mechanical steps, that should be up to MSC not the customer, I don' know tthat stuff nor should i be expected to

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bones774 said:

I asked for a transfer, as for all the mechanical steps, that should be up to MSC not the customer, I don' know tthat stuff nor should i be expected to

That is why you will learn to love CRUISE CRITIC !

I have learned way more here than from any cruise site.

6 hours ago, cobber1967 said:

It appears that the OP wants to apply the FCC to an existing booking that already had been booked AND has an existing, and different, booking number.  I don't think MSC will let you do that.   The FCC has to be applied to a new booking only I believe.

yes, if they can't do that why don't they just rebook the cruise with existing booking number, is this something the customer should be telling rep?

20 hours ago, bones774 said:

Covid is a whole other issue, this started as an unvaxed cruise then became vaxed, i am unvaxed.

Bahamas changed guide;ines

And this may be the reason that the OP can not transfer or book a new cruise.

OP - read the information on MSC's website - you must be vaccinated (ages twelve and up) to cruise MSC. You also need to read all the fine print in the Terms and Conditions  contract that outlines passenger responsibility for compliance with the Health and Safety requirements.

The requirement for vaccination for cruises to the Bahamas and the Caribbean is not itinerary specific.

If you are waited until after final payment when the need for vaccinations were posted far enough in advance for you to cancel (no other option as the consequence of your choice to be  unvaccinated), then your cancellation penalties kick in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bones774 said:

It just should not be this difficult, langauge states transfer from one cruise to another, easy!

It shouldn’t be but so many reps aren’t trained properly and during Covid it’s worse. 

Seeing you’re not vaccinated you may be unable to transfer to a later date. 

Nobody including MSC knows when/if vaccination requirements will be dropped. It could be another year of this.

This could be a factor in them allowing you to transfer to another date. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Homosassa said:

And this may be the reason that the OP can not transfer or book a new cruise.

OP - read the information on MSC's website - you must be vaccinated (ages twelve and up) to cruise MSC. You also need to read all the fine print in the Terms and Conditions  contract that outlines passenger responsibility for compliance with the Health and Safety requirements.

The requirement for vaccination for cruises to the Bahamas and the Caribbean is not itinerary specific.

If you are waited until after final payment when the need for vaccinations were posted far enough in advance for you to cancel (no other option as the consequence of your choice to be  unvaccinated), then your cancellation penalties kick in.

The problem is that up until just a few days ago MSC was still telling people that vaccination was not required for US cruises after October 31. They did say that that might change, but their current policy was that vaccination was not required after October 31. They told me that on October 22 on the phone. 

15 minutes ago, racephoto said:

The problem is that up until just a few days ago MSC was still telling people that vaccination was not required.

They told me that on October 22 on the phone. 

“ they told me” 🤣

Timeline

August 19 - MSC announces that cruises out of Florida must be fully vaccinated 12 and over, as per Bahamian orders. Effective until October 31.  If not able to be fully vaccinated by then, contact MSC or TA.

October 16- MSC announces fully vaccinated requirement extended indefinitely.  Deadline of October 31 no longer applies.

If one is not fully vaccinated by the time of their  Cruise , request for refunds to be submitted.

• Like 2

Posted by OP on Oct 20.

OP claimed MSC sold this as an unvaccinated cruise. I countered that information. And posted MSC site policy on Caribbean cruises, as of Oct 20.
OP reply-

[”I should correct myself at this point, it is being sold as unvax cruise by the large online t/a.  I need to make some phone calls quick. As an unvax will I get money refund or fcc?

ps- I just booked today so no emails yet”]

Edited October 20 by bones774

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, phissy said:

Posted by OP on Oct 20.

OP claimed MSC sold this as an unvaccinated cruise. I countered that information. And posted MSC site policy on Caribbean cruises, as of Oct 20.
OP reply-

[”I should correct myself at this point, it is being sold as unvax cruise by the large online t/a.  I need to make some phone calls quick. As an unvax will I get money refund or fcc?

ps- I just booked today so no emails yet”]

Edited October 20 by bones774

So OP booked on Oct 20 with a 3rd party travel site. 

Looks like you’ll need to deal with the agency/site you booked with, not MSC

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, racephoto said:

The problem is that up until just a few days ago MSC was still telling people that vaccination was not required for US cruises after October 31. They did say that that might change, but their current policy was that vaccination was not required after October 31. They told me that on October 22 on the phone. 

I remember you mentioning that in another thread and at the same time their website had been updated.

I think I keep up with their changes more than some of the reps do 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 1