Can we still walk off with our luggage?

hollon

Just now, binro01 said:

Yes you can self disembark. I seen as early as 7:30 AM Posted.

do you just get in line or do you have a number, etc.  do you have to go thru security, hoping to get to the airport early, plane leaves at 10:30 (if I book that time) Sorry, haven't cruised in a while. Thanks

4 minutes ago, hollon said:

do you just get in line or do you have a number, etc.  do you have to go thru security, hoping to get to the airport early, plane leaves at 10:30 (if I book that time) Sorry, haven't cruised in a while. Thanks

You will be told where the area is to line up for self disembark. No number, you just show up. 

Yes...everyone must go through security. Get there early there will be a line.

Self disembark is usually the first group.   

At least on Odyssey last week, everyone is to wait in their cabin until their number is called.  They were late getting in port by about an hour, because the ship had to divert course to assist a ship in distress.

Someone tried to line up a couple hours early, and they may have been sent back to their cabin, because they were not there 15 minutes later.

• Like 2

On Symphony - we all had to wait in our cabins until they announced (TV - Channel 2) that self-assist was open and you could make your way to the gangway.  Announcement was made right around 7:05 am and we were off the ship & thru customs and in a taxi by 7:20am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hollon said:

Depending on the City you are disembarking in and where the airport is relative to the pier, 10:30 might be cutting it a little close.

9 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Depending on the City you are disembarking in and where the airport is relative to the pier, 10:30 might be cutting it a little close.

We booked a 10:30 flight out of MCO. The port is about an hr from the airport. On a Sunday early morning we should get there in plenty of time. Our son is picking us up  and dropping us at the airport. We are willing to take our chances to get home earlier. Others mileage may vary. If you are stressed out easily, you may want to opt for a later flight.  No point in ending your vacation being anxious.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pasodancer said:

On Symphony - we all had to wait in our cabins until they announced (TV - Channel 2) that self-assist was open and you could make your way to the gangway.  Announcement was made right around 7:05 am and we were off the ship & thru customs and in a taxi by 7:20am.

What was the latest self assist time , as i dont have to rush to the airport , but prefer to keep the luggage with me . Thanks in advance. 

43 minutes ago, loman said:

What was the latest self assist time , as i dont have to rush to the airport , but prefer to keep the luggage with me . Thanks in advance. 

There is no limited time...just be off the ship in a timely manner.

18 hours ago, Misbehavin8175 said:

We booked a 10:30 flight out of MCO. The port is about an hr from the airport. On a Sunday early morning we should get there in plenty of time. Our son is picking us up  and dropping us at the airport. We are willing to take our chances to get home earlier. Others mileage may vary. If you are stressed out easily, you may want to opt for a later flight.  No point in ending your vacation being anxious.

We tried this coming off the Freedom about 6 years ago.  We had all our bases covered until the ship was very late getting in.   We were not allowed off until 8:50. After customs are driver made a dash but they laughed at us getting to MCO at 10.   That said we took standby for the 1130 flight and got on.  I always figured there were extra seats for people waiting to get off the ship the scheduled way.  

18 hours ago, Misbehavin8175 said:

Do you have TSA pre-check?

Last week on Allure, there were a number of self-assist "groups".  All of the self-assist groups were first but they were not all at the same time.  You were supposed to wait in your cabin until your self-assist group # was released.  They don't want anyone lining up anywhere if at all possible.  We waited for our number (I think we were 9) which was about 7:15am.  At 7:15, we left the room, walked straight off the ship, through the facial recognition (as opposed to showing your passport) and straight out.  No waiting or lining up at all.  It was very smooth and quick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Last week on Allure, there were a number of self-assist "groups".  All of the self-assist groups were first but they were not all at the same time.  You were supposed to wait in your cabin until your self-assist group # was released.  They don't want anyone lining up anywhere if at all possible.  We waited for our number (I think we were 9) which was about 7:15am.  At 7:15, we left the room, walked straight off the ship, through the facial recognition (as opposed to showing your passport) and straight out.  No waiting or lining up at all.  It was very smooth and quick.

This makes sense . Have you ever tried getting into an elevator on debarkation day with a full ship.

We end up getting on an elevator going up if there is room just so we can get down to the promenade

deck on Oasis class . After a few cars packed with people you just get in and go for a ride.

3 hours ago, loman said:

I walked off the Ovation in Seattle at the absolute end of the line without problems in Oct. Of course, it was the last cruise for the ship and they were not boarding passengers. I would expect that you would need to clear the ship about the time they have the last luggage tag scheduled to depart. YMMV.

-Holly