Transferring a deposit from one cruise to another

cruisefan2012

I have a cruise booked in 2023 on Caribbean Princess from Quebec City to New York - Sounds amazing 

I`ve managed to talk myself out of it now as I`ve booked another dream cruise with P&O Cruises going a few months before from Southampton (I`m British / Live in the UK )

Am I able to transfer the deposit ( £292.00 ) from the Caribbean Princess cruise to ANY OTHER CRUISE that I fancy?.........

Can with P&O Cruises (UK) not sure about how it works at Princess Cruises ? ...

Answers on a postcard please

Thank you all x

30 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I have a cruise booked in 2023 on Caribbean Princess from Quebec City to New York - Sounds amazing 

I`ve managed to talk myself out of it now as I`ve booked another dream cruise with P&O Cruises going a few months before from Southampton (I`m British / Live in the UK )

Am I able to transfer the deposit ( £292.00 ) from the Caribbean Princess cruise to ANY OTHER CRUISE that I fancy?.........

Thank you all x

You cannot transfer a deposit from one line to another.

13 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

If you paid with cash or a credit card, you will have to cancel the Princess cruise, wait for a refund, and then you can use the funds for anything you'd like.

That would be great but I dont think we do that in the UK compared to in the US...sadly

You can try calling in anyways, and try to get your call escalated. A few years back, I accidentally double-booked myself (you'd think their system would red flag it...) with no-refund deposits.

Once the increasingly irritated person who took my call finally kicked me over to the equivalent of the Retentions department, it took about 15 minutes to rebook a different voyage that didn't have such a conflict.

44 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Thank you for your reply but I meant but didnt say (apologies)

Could I transfer the Princess Cruises deposit from one Princess Cruise to another Princess Cruise ?

You  can change destination  from one  to another,, same cruise line.  Be careful,  If you have OBC or any perks, make sure you can keep them before switching. .  I just got off the phone changing one Celebrity cruise for another,, kept all my perks and OBC  and actually saved additional $900. 

In August I cancelled several December cruises and transferred deposits to Regal Princess cruises in Feb. and a couple weeks ago then transferred those deposits to Caribbean P cruises in Feb.  All done by travel agent with no delay.  

Any benefits on cancelled cruises were lost. 

As far as I understand it, in the UK you can only transfer deposits for cruises leaving before the end of April 22 to cruises departing on before the end of 2022.

So at present if you cancel, or change the cruise, you will lose the deposit.

This far out you might as well do nothing and see if the policy changes.

Guest Snaxmuppet
10 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Thank you all x

We transferred our £800 deposit from one cruise to another in the UK... they charged £100 change fee.

We lost our OBC from the first cruise though.

Edited by Snaxmuppet

41 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

We transferred our £800 deposit from one cruise to another in the UK... they charged £100 change fee.

We lost our OBC from the first cruise though.

What were the cruise dates?

11 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

That would be great but I dont think we do that in the UK compared to in the US...sadly

Tried to do this for next August and while they would allow it they would charge £100 cancellation fee. It will fall outside of the current programme.