Call from resolutions about vaccine card upload?

This is very odd.  I just got a call from an unrecognized number so I let it go to voice mail.  Now I have a message supposedly from Royal Caribbean resolutions wanting to talk to us about our experience with uploading our vaccine cards.  It sounds like a scam so I'm afraid to call back.  Has anyone else gotten a call like that?

Our cruise is on Monday and I used the app yesterday to upload pictures of our cards.

Edited by CruisinCrow

1 hour ago, CruisinCrow said:

This is very odd.  I just got a call from an unrecognized number so I let it go to voice mail.  Now I have a message supposedly from Royal Caribbean resolutions wanting to talk to us about our experience with uploading our vaccine cards.  It sounds like a scam so I'm afraid to call back.  Has anyone else gotten a call like that?

Our cruise is on Monday and I used the app yesterday to upload pictures of our cards.

What makes you think it's a Scam?  How would someone know you had uploaded a picture?  Sounds more like a user survey to me.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BND said:

What makes you think it's a Scam?  How would someone know you had uploaded a picture?  Sounds more like a user survey to me.  

I guess because I haven't heard of anyone else getting a call from Royal Caribbean about their card and the number was in Oregon somewhere.  Then I got worried that there was a problem with our cards so I called them back.  I sat on hold for a while and finally when I got to talk to a live person, she had idea why I was calling.  Strange. 

10 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

I guess because I haven't heard of anyone else getting a call from Royal Caribbean about their card and the number was in Oregon somewhere.  Then I got worried that there was a problem with our cards so I called them back.  I sat on hold for a while and finally when I got to talk to a live person, she had idea why I was calling.  Strange. 

Royal does have a large call center in Oregon.

14 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Back in about 2011 or 2012 (can't remember exactly lol) we went on a "member's cruise".  RCI had recruited employees to come on the cruise to meet and greet and mingle. We were in a GS on EX so we were in the CL in the evenings as we weren't even D at that point.  One of the employees we met worked in a call center in Oregon (contractors, as most of their shoreside employees are).  

5 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Royal does have a large call center in Oregon.

Yes...they do but they wouldn't be calling you about this.

If RCI wanted to get in touch they would send an email.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 4:41 PM, Ashland said:

Yes...they do but they wouldn't be calling you about this.

If RCI wanted to get in touch they would send an email.

It doesn't sound like they wanted specific information about that person's vaccination card or personal information... more like "what did you think of the upload process, did you experience any problems, what can we make better"?

The call back number was an 800 number that was different than the number that showed up on my caller ID.  I did call back and got the generic customer service line.  The lady I talked to had no idea why I was calling!  I was like "you guys are the ones who told me to call you."  🙄  Later, I checked the app and noticed that my husband's vaccine card was rejected so maybe that's why they called.  Fortunately, we were able to get the full vaccine information off of the CVS website and I uploaded it and it was accepted in a couple of hours.

I guess they just wanted to add a little extra stress right before vacation.