Celebrity Holding Passports

winslow050

8 hours ago, nocl said:

Maybe one of the locations wants to make sure the vaccination information matches up to the passports.  Do not think any of them actually checked the passports prior to Covid.

No cruise to Belize or Mexico holding passports, where the cruise on question sails.  Again, Connie's "hints" section has had even more artifacts of its prior itinerary in the recent past, and not all of them have been corrected.  That said, it was kinda interesting to see how disembarkation was being handled in Singapore!

This definitely sounds like the website has its wires crossed.

That said, we've also had our passports held on a few cruises, but (like others) it's been because of certain ports (St. Petersburg being one of those).

2 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

This definitely sounds like the website has its wires crossed.

It's the app.  First night MDR dinner menu for this cruise (~50 hours from now) still only showing drinks and dessert!  At least they have their priorities straight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

It's the app.  First night MDR dinner menu for this cruise (~50 hours from now) still only showing drinks and dessert!  At least they have their priorities straight!

Thanks. I tend to merge the app and website in my mind. 

We have been on 4 cruises since cruising resumed.    Equinox and Millennium (September and October)

Passports were not kept by Celebrity.

We as American's have had our passports held a couple of times to facilitate customs formalities.  Once on Singapore to Rome on both legs.   The customs agents come aboard and stamp them.   We needed them back for a side trip to the Taj and was no problem but had to give them back when we returned to the ship. 

I know they were also held on another cruise but don't recall if it were Japan or South America.   

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know they were also held on another cruise but don't recall if it were Japan or South America.   

Jim:  Our passports were collected on the cruise around Japan in 2018 -- remember the typhoon cruise.

But we have also have had them collected in cruises which included Turkey and in another Asian itinerary.

16 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Jim:  Our passports were collected on the cruise around Japan in 2018 -- remember the typhoon cruise.

But we have also have had them collected in cruises which included Turkey and in another Asian itinerary.

I do indeed remember.    I wasn't certain if it was Japan also.   I know many are concerned about it but as with you we had no problems having them returned and saved lots of time as opposed to the old days when everyone on the ship had to get up at 6-7 AM and march through the theater to present passports.

On our India trip they brought a Customs Official aboard in Sri Lanka and on the sea day they returned passports and you had to physically present it in person to the Indian Authorities.   All other locations Celebrity took care of it.

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 11/4/2021 at 8:34 PM, canderson said:

Not most of them.  A notable exception are the Baltic cruises porting in St. Petersburg.

Also held Trans Pacific to Japan and China. X reluctantly released them when we stayed off the ship overnight in Kyoto and collected them again when we reboarded.

We've never had our passports held on a Caribbean cruise, but we have had them held on a couple European itineraries as well as our Asia cruise. On one of the European cruises we had rental vehicles reserved at a couple ports which required we present our passport so we had to collect our passport from Guest Services on those mornings and then return it when we reboarded.  It only took a couple minutes to pick it up and drop it off so not a big deal.