Post-cruise survey from NCL?

Shellbelle28

44 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm Platinum on NCL, and I've never received an after cruise survey, not even once...

I swear I thought it was a real thing, I think I even got an email saying "keep an eye out for our survey" but I've never actually gotten one either. 

It's a real thing. My wife and I disembarked from the Breakaway this past Sunday and we each received the survey email the next day (Monday).   

I found it very interesting to see what things they followed up on with subsequent questions, e.g., if you reported anything at all negative about something, or if you gave something high praise.

Edited by Turtles06

We have been on 28 NCL cruises and have received the post cruise survey perhaps 24 times.  It usually arrives as a link in an email a day or two after the cruise. On our most recent cruise on the Epic in the Mediterranean a couple of weeks ago, it arrived about a week after the cruise ended.  We usually book directly with NCL, so they have an accurate listing for our email addresses.  It is possible that if you book through a travel agent, the survey may be going to the agent, who then may not be forwarding it to you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

It's a real thing. My wife and I disembarked from the Breakaway this past Sunday and we each received the survey email the next day (Monday).   

I found it very interesting to see what things they followed up on with subsequent questions, e.g., if you reported anything at all negative about something, or if you gave something high praise.

The survey is interactive to the extent that your answers to some questions will trigger follow-on questions which are tailored to your earlier responses.  You only will get questions about your experience in Cagney's, for example, if you have indicated that you dined there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Got a survey the same day my cruise ended.  And a reminder 2 days later.  Check your spam.  Note - it could have also gone to your TA, there's a note with it that asks the TAs to forward it to their client.

I don't recall ever receiving a survey that quickly, but they usually have arrived within a couple of days of the completion of the cruise.

• Like 1

Since they replaced the paper surveys, I'd say we've gotten one every time plus reminders.

Got one for 9/26/21 Breakaway in very short order.  Found it interesting that although I dined in several specialties, I was only asked about the MDR!  I was asked to rate the specialties but on the followup questions they honed in on the MDR.  Sometimes they'll choose one specialty to ask about.  You never know.  

Fortunately this was a cruise that deserved very high marks other than the test situation as we were that very first cruise with all the problems.  

There was plenty of space to single out any special crew members, etc.  

For those who don't get them, are you on their email list?  

It may be random but was my understanding that every guest with email on file would get 1.  Sometimes we've only gotten 1 for the 2 of us maybe.

1 hour ago, Shellbelle28 said:

After my cruise in 2020, I never saw a post-cruise survey from NCL, so I've been checking my spam filter carefully this time to make sure I don't miss it. How soon after a cruise does it usually arrive? 

It is sent to your email address on your reservation within 48 hours of your cruise ending. 

We have got one for every cruise (and we cruise 3-4 times a year… stuffing the ballot box). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

The survey is interactive to the extent that your answers to some questions will trigger follow-on questions which are tailored to your earlier responses.  You only will get questions about your experience in Cagney's, for example, if you have indicated that you dined there.

Yes, I know. I found it interesting that I got a followup question on Cagney’s but not on La Cucina, although I reported a negative experience at both. 

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, I know. I found it interesting that I got a followup question on Cagney’s but not on La Cucina, although I reported a negative experience at both. 

La Cucina has been kind of hit-or-miss for us in recent years, but when we were on the Epic in October I had one of the best steaks I've every had on an NCL ship while dining in La Cucina.  Steaks in Cagney's have never rated highly for me, so my wife and I each usually order the grilled fisherman's platter when we go there.  Except for ships that feature Ocean Blue, we find the fish at Cagney's to be the best anywhere on board.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

La Cucina has been kind of hit-or-miss for us in recent years, but when we were on the Epic in October I had one of the best steaks I've every had on an NCL ship while dining in La Cucina.  Steaks in Cagney's have never rated highly for me, so my wife and I each usually order the grilled fisherman's platter when we go there.  Except for ships that feature Ocean Blue, we find the fish at Cagney's to be the best anywhere on board.

Just to reply briefly so as not to get into thread drift, the food and service at La Cucina were excellent, the problem was not related to that.  The service at Cagney’s was terrible, a total aberration on this cruise, where the service was otherwise fabulous (especially in the Manhattan Room).

DW always seem to get these digital post-cruise surveys, usually within 24 to 36 hours after we disembarked the ship (allowing cruisers time to travel onward/fly or drive to get home ??) and at least 1 to 2 reminder to complete it if we "waited" or didn't respond.  

Years ago, there used to be a general/open box for generic comments or "other" feedbacks to write it - it has been changed & strucured, and context specific - including questions about whether one is on CC, read/write the reviews pre-cruise and/or post-cruise, and use FB or other social media.  

2 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Years ago, there used to be a general/open box for generic comments or "other" feedbacks to write it - it has been changed & strucured, and context specific - including questions about whether one is on CC, read/write the reviews pre-cruise and/or post-cruise, and use FB or other social media.  

The survey we just rec'd had none of those types of questions, except to ask whether we would pick a cruise because it was recommended by a TA, or on social media, etc.  

While on board, because there were several crew members I wanted to single out for praise during the cruise, I asked for a comment card at Guest Services in order to do so, and was told there was nothing, that all we could do was fill out the post-cruise emailed survey.  I did mention those folks by name at the end of the survey, but I wonder if that information is really picked up in that type of process.  I think it would be far better for those types of comments to be received on board, where the crew members AND their supervisors work.  

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

We have been on 28 NCL cruises and have received the post cruise survey perhaps 24 times.  It usually arrives as a link in an email a day or two after the cruise. On our most recent cruise on the Epic in the Mediterranean a couple of weeks ago, it arrived about a week after the cruise ended.  We usually book directly with NCL, so they have an accurate listing for our email addresses.  It is possible that if you book through a travel agent, the survey may be going to the agent, who then may not be forwarding it to you.

Ohhh, there's a thing to follow up on. I didn't think of that. 

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Got a survey the same day my cruise ended.  And a reminder 2 days later.  Check your spam.  Note - it could have also gone to your TA, there's a note with it that asks the TAs to forward it to their client.

Just sent an email to my TA asking her if she's got it.

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

While on board, because there were several crew members I wanted to single out for praise during the cruise, I asked for a comment card at Guest Services in order to do so, and was told there was nothing, that all we could do was fill out the post-cruise emailed survey. 

On your next cruise ask them for a "Vacation Hero" comment card.

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

While on board, because there were several crew members I wanted to single out for praise during the cruise, I asked for a comment card at Guest Services in order to do so, and was told there was nothing, that all we could do was fill out the post-cruise emailed survey.   

Were there no vacation heroes cards at guest services? On the Epic, I filled about a dozen

42 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

On your next cruise ask them for a "Vacation Hero" comment card.

17 minutes ago, Yinster said:

Were there no vacation heroes cards at guest services? On the Epic, I filled about a dozen

I specifically asked them for that card. They said they weren’t doing that any longer, and that all they had was the post-cruise survey. She mentioned Covid. I wonder whether she was mistaken.