Can’t remember the name of that drink

reeinaz

Hi all. I had a drink at O’Sheehans on the Breakaway on my 9/26 cruise that I thought was delicious. But I can’t remember the name. I remember it was whiskey based and blue. I think it was one of the drink of the days. Does anyone know what I’m talking about??

thanks. 

52 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

Hi all. I had a drink at O’Sheehans on the Breakaway on my 9/26 cruise that I thought was delicious. But I can’t remember the name. I remember it was whiskey based and blue. I think it was one of the drink of the days. Does anyone know what I’m talking about??

thanks. 

This one? 

BLUE GLACIER

• Ingredients:
  • 0.5 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
  • 0.5 oz Vodka
  • 0.5 oz Bacardi Superior Rum
  • .25 oz Triple Sec Liqueur
  • .25 oz Simple Syrup
  • .25 oz Passion Fruit puree
  • 0.5 oz Lemon Juice
  • Dash Blue Curacoa
  • Lemon-lime soda to top
  • Garnish:
  • 1 Lemon Wheel and ½ Orange Wheel

Instructions:
Fill a glass full with ice. Measure and pour all ingredients, except Blue Curacoa and lemon-lime soda, into a mixing glass, add ice and shake well. Then pour into glass with fresh ice. Top with lemon-lime soda and float Blue Curacao. Garnish.

Edited by Shellbelle28
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

@Shellbelle28That looks close. I’m not sure if it had rum or not since I tend to stay away from rum. Lol. But the Jameson might have swayed me to give it a try even if it did. Is that a drink NCL serves?

I found it on their blog. https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/how-to-make-norwegians-blue-glacier-cocktail

4 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

It was indeed delicious... much like a Long Island Iced Tea, went down easy without tasting 'boozy'. (But maybe that's just me...)

That was my experience as well.  Despite having four different forms of alcohol, the recipe posted above is basically trace amounts (i.e. that drink has about the same amount of alcohol as a glass of wine or beer).