Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

11 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Now 19 guests and 23 crew. Testing again at 9 tonight on the pool deck. Finally got word that we can go to Tortola, but I am not clear whether we can get off on our own.

Are you all being tested again at 9 pm?  All passengers and crew?

@MackdogmollyThank you so much for all your reports!

I appreciate your positivity!  I know this must be somewhat stressful.

We feel grateful that our cruise, the one before you, was fortunately not impacted as much as yours has been.  But you have made lemonade from lemons!  
We hope that many of the wonderful crew members we know from onboard are doing ok.  It must be stressful for all.

We so appreciated the transparency from Captain Johannes.  He always does his best to give you the best cruise experience he can! 
Best wishes to all of you! 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, sovilav01 said:

Only testing the people going on tour tomorrow 

Correct.... only the 90 people on tours are getting tested ( Tortola requirement);  the rest of us have to stay on board   

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DS said:

Correct.... only the 90 people on tours are getting tested ( Tortola requirement);  the rest of us have to stay on board   

Yes, this is what I just found out. I hadn’t heard about any ship’s excursions, so now this will be another sea day for us.

8 hours ago, JWayne60 said:

P.S.  There are important and effective mask-reduction strategies… walk the track on Deck 10, spend lots of time at pool Deck 9, eat, drink… the last two are our favorites… 🚢😎😷

@JWayne60Thanks for all your posts from the cruise as well.

You have supplied a lot of valuable info for those who are trying to decide whether to cruise right now or not.

Those strategies were ours, also! 😀

• Like 5

I am beyond impressed by the positivity of those on board. While I realize that flexibility is key,- you exemplify this. 
That said, having read this and so many other threads these past few days, we decided to email our TA asking if Azamara will push out FP as well as penalty. If that turns out to not be an option, we will either cancel or rebook into 2023. 
Thank you all for sharing with us. As has been said before, we all have our “lines in the sand” so to speak.   Frank, honest experiences to base our decisions on is invaluable. 

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, DS said:

At least one Big Suite is quarantining in place.   They moved the (negative) couple next door to a different cabin for safety

One reason is only a handful of cabins on deck four in the bubble.
think running out of cabins. Crew get moved rhere so room mate stays safe.guests go there too.

one person thinks if I got  sick I would stay in suite… ..that  person a crew member.  I would have food left at door.  Guess my suitcases too as in storage.

at this 

point half the sick crew waited on me or been near me. Or anyone else that a guest,

we need a lock down short cruise until we all get better or a good hotel  in Miami.

oh captain not sure of key west yet.

up to key west.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

@MackdogmollyThank you so much for all your reports!

I appreciate your positivity!  I know this must be somewhat stressful.

We feel grateful that our cruise, the one before you, was fortunately not impacted as much as yours has been.  But you have made lemonade from lemons!  
We hope that many of the wonderful crew members we know from onboard are doing ok.  It must be stressful for all.

We so appreciated the transparency from Captain Johannes.  He always does his best to give you the best cruise experience he can! 
Best wishes to all of you! 

We were blessed. We had only two cases.  We had a real white nights and some fun events and shows.

you can cut the stress here now with a knife.Danny did a great job with White Nights and NYE plus his show. Plus lost of guests entertainers I am sure. Somehow he is doing his best to make it fun for all. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, this is what I just found out. I hadn’t heard about any ship’s excursions, so now this will be another sea day for us.

Hope you can still have a lovely relaxing day onboard and that those who go ashore have an enjoyable time.  I’m disappointed that there’s now reported to be an atmosphere onboard when so many posters here have been so accommodating and making lemonade.  Hope you find the positive corner onboard and have a good safe day.

Thanks to all those who are giving us the balanced, clear updates we all need 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Hope you can still have a lovely relaxing day onboard and that those who go ashore have an enjoyable time.  I’m disappointed that there’s now reported to be an atmosphere onboard when so many posters here have been so accommodating and making lemonade.  Hope you find the positive corner onboard and have a good safe day.

Thanks to all those who are giving us the balanced, clear updates we all need 

Personally, I have not seen a lot of stressed people. I was a little disappointed to miss Tortola, but I guess that’s on me for not paying attention! By the time I figured out that we couldn’t go ashore independently, the excursions were sold out. Oh well, will just have to rough it with another “sea day.” 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Personally, I have not seen a lot of stressed people. I was a little disappointed to miss Tortola, but I guess that’s on me for not paying attention! By the time I figured out that we couldn’t go ashore independently, the excursions were sold out. Oh well, will just have to rough it with another “sea day.” 😉

Same here. I think it’s safe to say that everyone is concerned about the well being of our fellow guests and awesome crew members, but Captain Johannes has been clear about “positives” experiencing mild symptoms, and also very clear about managing our expectations of the awesome staff and crew members who are doing extra duties while their colleagues isolate. As long as WE guests don’t add stress to the situation by expecting / demanding the normal levels of service, I trust things will be fine. 

BTW, the Quest Signature Singers and Dancers put on an awesome, high energy show last night!! 👏  And when CD Danny Turner introduced the show by asking everyone in the Cabaret to wear their masks for the 38 minute duration of the show (to help protect the performers), his request was met with approving applause. 

Here’s hoping for some improvement in the case numbers 🤞🚢😎

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Oh you poor thing 😂

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JWayne60 said:

Same here. As long as WE guests don’t add stress to the situation by expecting / demanding the normal levels of service, I trust things will be fine. 
!! 👏

Fantastic advice. Yes think about others first, self later!  
Keep enjoying your cruise it would sure beat the weather and lack of waiting service here

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JWayne60 said:

And when CD Danny Turner introduced the show by asking everyone in the Cabaret to wear their masks for the 38 minute duration of the show (to help protect the performers), his request was met with approving applause. 

As I understand it. We are supposed to wear our masks in indoor spaces anyway.

I agree completely about the need to manage expectations of our awesome crew. They are all working so hard and somehow remaining cheerful!

• Like 6

Anyone on Journey that can answer? Are you able to do all ports independently or are some of them Azamara excursions only? I ask because I don’t trust information on the website about Madeira. It states that all Portuguese ports, except Lisbon, are restricted to ships excursions and no independent tours at all. This information is from October 2021 and hopefully outdated.