Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, Rotenmutts said:

Can I ask how many ports did you actually get off?  The reason I like Azamara are the ports they go to and my cruise in 2 weeks have 2 I love.  St John and Virgin Gorda.  But I hear BVI is not letting many people off.  I can't imagine having almost 60 people on board with Covid is going to help any situation.  I wonder if they will cancel the next cruise or two?

I was on the cruise prior to @Mackdogmollyon 12/10.  It should be noted that many of the ports you can not get off unless you purchase a shore excursion from the ship.  That happened to us in Nevis, Dominica and St Lucia.  Shore excursions on some islands are very few.  So that may limit your enjoyment of the cruise, too. It seemed that activities on the ship were quite limited on those port days.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, uktog said:

I’d be a winner on that cruise, we’ve missed port insurance in our travel policy.  
Maybe the reactions to the experience depends on 

a.  Do you normally live in a warm place or are you subject to painfully freezing weather at this time of year?

b.  Are you someone who has to be in control or can you go with the flow?

c. How restricted has your day to day life been and for how long in the last two years?

d. How extensive are restrictions back home for you right now?

e.  Are you able to manage expectations/focus on glass full rather than empty?

I’m sure there’s a behavioural research project somewhere in this. 

For what it’s worth, I’d still get on a cruise to nowhere today, it’s the flights that make me more nervous.  And hopefully asymptomatic becomes acceptable to the authorities soon - after all we all have bad germs in our gut but have cruised with precautions on that score for years. 

@uktog as usual you are spot on. Two of your points were important for us, no flights since we live in Florida, and it was time to get away for a change. Although weather wasn’t drastically different than Tampa, I must say it was fantastic weather throughout.  It was definitely a “different” cruise for us, but we enjoyed it and are glad we did it. Of course, we had the added “insurance” of knowing that Captain Johannes would be at the helm, and that he and Azamara would make the best of things… job done. No refund necessary.

Best quote from Captain Johannes at Azamara Circle event… “Let’s kick Covid in the ass!”

Best wishes to everyone on your upcoming cruises, whether you’re jumping on board soon or deferring until later. 🚢😎

• Like 6

2 hours ago, silkismom said:

Please keep this thread going with updates from new cruises--great resource.

Agreed!  I can see this thread holding all sorts of value.  I used it for Information before our cruise on 12/10 (where I met takenewithyou!)

2 hours ago, silkismom said:

Please keep this thread going with updates from new cruises--great resource.

• Thanks 2

Okay, I've been monitoring this thread for a little while to keep up with what's been going on and I will try to provide timely/relevant updates as I have them.  Wife and I are boarding today for what was originally to be the first leg of our 69 day voyage around South America and Antarctica (awesome itinerary that I'm not seeing with anyone going forward the next couple years!).  Decided to keep this cruise anyways as we haven't been able to get out since May 2019 when we returned from Australia on Celebrity.

It's going to be interesting with supposedly only 200 or less of us on board and who knows which ports we'll actually be able to see, but it will definitely be nice being back on the water.  Just hoping that COVID monster doesn't raise its head for any of us or the crew during this adventure!

Probably won't be doing daily posts but will try to keep this updated as possible.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, mihusker said:

Okay, I've been monitoring this thread for a little while to keep up with what's been going on and I will try to provide timely/relevant updates as I have them.  Wife and I are boarding today for what was originally to be the first leg of our 69 day voyage around South America and Antarctica (awesome itinerary that I'm not seeing with anyone going forward the next couple years!).  Decided to keep this cruise anyways as we haven't been able to get out since May 2019 when we returned from Australia on Celebrity.

It's going to be interesting with supposedly only 200 or less of us on board and who knows which ports we'll actually be able to see, but it will definitely be nice being back on the water.  Just hoping that COVID monster doesn't raise its head for any of us or the crew during this adventure!

Probably won't be doing daily posts but will try to keep this updated as possible.

Hope your time onboard is really enjoyable and look forward to hearing how it goes - but your first focus has to be relax and enjoy!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mihusker said:

See you onboard.  We did Greece on the Quest in September with just over 200 and it was lovely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lesley Styles said:

Also see you on board. Flew in yesterday from the UK. I will also try to keep this thread going with posts when onboard.

Thank you to all that have posted while onboard.  The information has been invaluable.  We are scheduled to be on the Jan 23rd sailing of the Quest and are following every day for current news.  Good luck and good health while you sail!  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, juliacb said:

Thank you to all that have posted while onboard.  The information has been invaluable. 

Although we are a long way away from our next cruise, we would strongly agree with this post. It confirms that we should, at this stage, not be on board but that others are really enjoying their experience. It also confirms, as expected, that the Omicron variant may well present new challenges.

Also thanks to Host Jazzbeau for pinning this thread and supporting its importance.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lesley Styles said:

Also see you on board. Flew in yesterday from the UK. I will also try to keep this thread going with posts when onboard.

We have friends boarding today who just arrived from Scotland yesterday.  Their first Azamara cruise.   Glad that you will be able to keep us informed!

Greetings from the Journey. Happy to answer any questions. 

Took about 40 minutes from arrival at the terminal to reach first glass of wine in the cabin (and then spa). They've got boarding pretty well organised, although you really do need a third hand to hold all the paperwork. 

PXL_20220108_144139433.jpg

Edited by Huntingdon1701
  • Like 6

Hello - can someone confirm if Azamara performs a COVID Test 'mid-cruise' even if one is asymptomatic?  Or is it only at the beginning (prior to embarkation) and end (prior to disembarkation)?  Also, if the cruise starts and ends in the US - do they perform the test prior to disembarkation for 'all' - or only for folks that need a negative test to board their flight?  If the answer to this is cruise specific, I am inquiring for the possible Feb 3 Quest journey.  Thank you all in advance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

January 7 cruise has 160 guests

We are on this cruise and have been told 171 and 180 guests.its definitely quiet. More crew than guests. All well so far. At Key West at the mo. Heard that 2 people couldn't board due to positive tests!

• Thanks 1